Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 150
  1. #121
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I like to round up.
    No, you like to change the meaning of what you said to made the other person come across as being wrong.
    I viewed what you posted about others. Can't trick me.

  2. #122
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Obi-Wan: Don't have a wife that we know of. Rey is far too young to be Obi-Wan's daughter.

    Luke: Don't have a wife (in the movies).

    Don't think Rey's parents really going to be a part of the ongoing story, The fact that she the chosen one is a totally different story.
    Last edited by Rapha8; 08-09-2017 at 12:53 PM.

  3. #123
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    No, you like to change the meaning of what you said to made the other person come across as being wrong.
    I viewed what you posted about others. Can't trick me.
    Well, I still like to round up.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  4. #124
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    89

    Default

    The Chosen One

    Luke doubt it.

    Rey could be.

    Kylo Ren could be. But might not be.

    Anakin There no doubting he the chosen one, but he didn't finish prophecy.

    https://moviepilot.com/posts/3719567

  5. #125
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    Don't think Rey's parents really going to be a part of the ongoing story...
    Maybe, although it's been indicated that we'll know her complete story by the time the trilogy ends. So, that could mean that she finds her parents or just that she gets closure.

    [QUOTE=Rapha8;3005657]The Chosen One

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    Luke doubt it.
    I'm inclined to agree with you, unless the sequels pull something unexpected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    Rey could be.
    Based on what we know from TFA, unlikely. I'd say that Luke has a stronger claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    Kylo Ren could be. But might not be.
    I don't see that happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    Anakin There no doubting he the chosen one, but he didn't finish prophecy.
    I think he is it. If the Mortis theory is right, he failed (and no one can replace him). If the ROTJ model is right, he did pull it off after all. As far as I know, we have yet have confirmation which (if either) is correct (although the Mortis might have a stronger claim, given that the ROTJ version is more "creator's explanation" than anything).

    However, I have a suspicion that the Chosen One prophecy isn't going to factor into the sequels that much. (Bear in mind that we're told that the Jedi Order needs to come back for the Force to be balanced, not a specific person to do something. We're also told that by a layperson who might not know everything.)

  6. #126
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,858

    Default

    What about the theory of her being Palpatine's grandaughter?

  7. #127
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    What about the theory of her being Palpatine's grandaughter?
    The term "wild hypothesis with no foundation in anything whatsoever" seems more apt than "theory".
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  8. #128
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    What about the theory of her being Palpatine's grandaughter?
    Literally no evidence to even analyze it.

    (For what it's worth, the Aftermath trilogy of novels dealt with the Empire post-ROTJ and there's no mention of Palpatine having a child factoring into the line of succession.)

  9. #129
    Incredible Member Godzilla2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Post deleted.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 09-16-2017 at 03:56 PM.

  10. #130
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    It's entirely possible Rey might've just been the luck of the draw. It's possible since force sensitives are just born throughout the galaxy so it may not be unheard of for her parents to have been non-Jedi.

    A thought I had on it might be that she came from the Knights of Ren and I'm basing this on a few things in her vision;
    - The vision takes her to the Jedi temple burning down with Luke and R2 outside. The lightsaber wasn't present for this but it may be connected in that Luke is present being that he is the weapon's second owner.
    - It begins to rain and she turns around to find someone getting impaled by Kylo Ren with him and the presumed Knights of Ren standing there.
    - There's what looks like bodies and debris in the area, so it's possible that she is still in the temple area considering we don't see Kylo Ren anywhere else with the Knights beyond this scene.

    Outside of her vision we also have her only name "Rey". So it could be that she was so young and misheard it or that someone used Rey instead of Ren and she just went with it. An alternative answer that she is a Rey instead of a Ren in that whomever dropped her off might've thought it could be something easily overlooked assuming they had been hiding her from the FO and Knights. It might explain her power level as I'm sure Luke would go out looking for people strong in the force which might explain how strong she is compared to the average sensitive. Luke also has a dark outfit for TLJ so perhaps this is because the Knight's outfits come from robes given to Luke's students. The Jedi needing to end could be that they are getting a full makeover and that includes Luke's variant of force-knight, be it either Rey or Ren.
    It could also be entirely coincidental that Rey is the good one and Ren is the bad one especially since we don't know Rey's full name.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  11. #131
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's entirely possible Rey might've just been the luck of the draw. It's possible since force sensitives are just born throughout the galaxy so it may not be unheard of for her parents to have been non-Jedi.
    I think that it's been more or less established that non-Force users can have Force-sensitive children.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    A thought I had on it might be that she came from the Knights of Ren and I'm basing this on a few things in her vision;
    So, you're saying that she could've been born in the First Order and slated to become a Knight or Ren, but got separated and wound up on Jakku instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    - The vision takes her to the Jedi temple burning down with Luke and R2 outside. The lightsaber wasn't present for this but it may be connected in that Luke is present being that he is the weapon's second owner.
    Okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    - It begins to rain and she turns around to find someone getting impaled by Kylo Ren with him and the presumed Knights of Ren standing there.
    I've gathered that there's some discrepancy in regard to who the dead man is; I think a LucasFilm employee said that Kylo killed one of his own Knights for an unspecified reason, while the canonical Rey's Story junior novelization ID-ed the man as a "hero." I'm hoping that future media will confirm one or the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    - There's what looks like bodies and debris in the area, so it's possible that she is still in the temple area considering we don't see Kylo Ren anywhere else with the Knights beyond this scene.
    I'm not sure or not if the Knights scene is supposed to be another part of Luke's destroyed Jedi Temple scene or not. I have heard the question if Rey is seeing a past event or a future event, or even if she's experiencing something that she was or will be an eyewitness for or just a historical event that had nothing to do with her.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Outside of her vision we also have her only name "Rey". So it could be that she was so young and misheard it or that someone used Rey instead of Ren and she just went with it.
    The Rey's Survival Guide book establishes that she doesn't remember anything of her life prior to Jakku, so it might be a stretch that she would've picked up her name like that. On the other hand, it has been strongly suggested that "Rey" is not her birth name; the Before the Awakening book's introduction mentions that she "calls" herself that, a detail not used when naming the other characters. If so, that does raise the question of how she came to have that name; none of the tie-ins have ever indicated that she named herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    An alternative answer that she is a Rey instead of a Ren in that whomever dropped her off might've thought it could be something easily overlooked assuming they had been hiding her from the FO and Knights.
    Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It might explain her power level as I'm sure Luke would go out looking for people strong in the force which might explain how strong she is compared to the average sensitive.
    Maybe, although at the time that Rey was left on Jakku, Luke was running his Jedi school with no hitch (Kylo Ren's betrayal was years after Rey was left). So, if Luke had had a part in getting Rey out of First Order space, it raises the question as to why he would have her left on Jakku in a dangerous position rather than just taking her back to his school, where she would be safer and be able to actually learn how to use the Force. (It also raises the question how that scenario would work with the novelization strongly implying that Rey's family or some kind of guardian were the ones who left her there with the intent to get her back.)

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Luke also has a dark outfit for TLJ so perhaps this is because the Knight's outfits come from robes given to Luke's students.
    Maybe. I'm not sure if they Knights of Ren have been given much of a backstory yet. I'm not even sure if all or any of them are Force users; Kylo Ren is the only one seen with a lightsaber.

    sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-7693.jpg

    KnightsOfRen_TFA.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The Jedi needing to end could be that they are getting a full makeover and that includes Luke's variant of force-knight, be it either Rey or Ren.
    Could be. (This maybe a stupid question, but was that actually one of Luke's lines? When I first saw the trailer, I thought that it sounded like one of Kylo Ren's lines that they dubbed over Luke's image to make it look like the latter was the speaker. At any rate, it didn't sound like Mark Hamill was reading that to me.)

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It could also be entirely coincidental that Rey is the good one and Ren is the bad one especially since we don't know Rey's full name.
    Well, Kylo did choose to join the dark side, while Rey's choices, despite being in a dog-eat-dog world, lead her to the side of the heroes. As far as Rey's full name goes, the TFA novelization did establish that she only has one name (as far as she's concerned).

  12. #132
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's entirely possible Rey might've just been the luck of the draw. It's possible since force sensitives are just born throughout the galaxy so it may not be unheard of for her parents to have been non-Jedi.

    A thought I had on it might be that she came from the Knights of Ren and I'm basing this on a few things in her vision;
    - The vision takes her to the Jedi temple burning down with Luke and R2 outside. The lightsaber wasn't present for this but it may be connected in that Luke is present being that he is the weapon's second owner.
    - It begins to rain and she turns around to find someone getting impaled by Kylo Ren with him and the presumed Knights of Ren standing there.
    - There's what looks like bodies and debris in the area, so it's possible that she is still in the temple area considering we don't see Kylo Ren anywhere else with the Knights beyond this scene.
    Just saying, but we do not actually know what that Lightsaber has been up to for the last 30-ish years, or who had it before Maz.
    It very well might have been at that battle.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  13. #133
    Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,793

    Default

    She's still Rey Skywalker in my book until she isn't. Obvious, yes. But makes the most sense within the pov of the overall saga. The first two trilogies were Skywalker stories, and sure enough Disney is even taking to calling all the main episodic films, including VII-IX the "Skywalker Saga" to differentiate it from the side projects. To me, this is just a badly kept secret. In fact it was never even intended to be a secret. The plan was to reveal her parentage in VII but they changed their mind. My bet is that they just decided it to milk it a little longer for the hype, and for a little ESB synergy.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-17-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

  14. #134
    Long-time loiterer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    98

    Default

    In regards to the 'Chosen One' thing (and correct me if I'm wrong), doesn't Obi-Wan say something to the effect of how he believes Luke is now the Chosen One after his duel with Maul in Star Wars Rebels?

    As for the parent issue - I'd be okay with Rey being a Skywalker or a Kenobi. Before TFA I wanted her to be a Solo. Now I figure I'd also be up for her being an unknown; perhaps a catalyst that reunites Luke and Kylo, so the three can move forward as 'Gray Jedi' or whatever.

  15. #135
    Mighty Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Kylo : ....there was no other parent. I carried her, I gave birth, I somewhat raised her. I can't explain what happened....

    The audience : wat?
    A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker

    Siddhartha Gautama.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •