Super Moderator

Default Marguerite Bennett and Andy Smith Join "Earth 2"

DC Comics' "Earth 2" shakes things up with Marguerite Bennett joining Tom Taylor as a co-writer, and Andy Smith taking over from Nicola Scott.

Full article here.

Here hoping that Power Girl and Huntress are more interesting on Earth 2, than they have been in Worlds' Finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Command-D View Post
    Here hoping that Power Girl and Huntress are more interesting on Earth 2, than they have been in Worlds' Finest.
    or better written at least....
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Nooooo, damn I really love Nicola Scott's work on Earth 2, I hope she gets to pencil another DC book!

Quote Originally Posted by Command-D View Post
    They'll probably be better written. But for me they lose a lot of their appeal on Earth 2 as opposed to Prime Earth. I hope they don't stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    Nooooo, damn I really love Nicola Scott's work on Earth 2, I hope she gets to pencil another DC book!
    Nope, she is doing one more project with DC, then she says she is done. She'll be moving on to creator owned projects. Sad that she's leaving DC but awesome that she'll get a chance to work on her own projects.

ok....So the October Earth 2 book is coming out October 8th. does this mean that both Earth 2 and Worlds Finest are once again going to be coming out the same week?

Not a fan of Bennett, and with Scott leaving and the uncertainty facing Earth-2 in general, I feel my interest waning.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

This feels like the first move before winding down a title. What they are going to do with the Earth-2 characters after World's End - I have no idea

Damn. Scott's one of the best in the biz (IMO) so this is a big loss for DC

A lot depends on where they are going and which characters they'll be focusing on, but this may signal the end of Earth 2 on my pull list
    Ye gads, I've been retconned!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    This feels like the first move before winding down a title. What they are going to do with the Earth-2 characters after World's End - I have no idea
    I think the only thing they can do is reboot the Earth 2 reality to be closer to the 'iconic' version and carry over what current E2 characters they like and place them on Prime Earth.

Take a look at the E2 holding cell in Future's End. I believe you're seeing the characters that will carry over to Prime Earth. The others get the reboot treatment on Earth 2.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think the future that's in FUTURE'S END and WORLD'S END will be null and void, and we'll see EARTH 2 remain.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Personally I like having the Earth 2 heroes on their own world. It gives them prominence that they wouldn't get on Prime Earth. On Prime Earth they would just be another super hero. I just want them to form their own super team already. It's been nearly 20 something issues and 2 annuals and yet they still are a ragtag group of heroes. Let's see them formally organize