Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    I agree. I like the mobile app but the story treats Diana so badly. It's not even that she's evil but she's not even a good villain from what little I read. She's under Supermans regime and constantly doing things for him instead of her own sake. I think they took these characters and just write for one particular audience (Batman fans who don't even read comics).
    Diana isn't subservient to Superman. From the prequels and the original game she was the one pushed Superman into becoming what he is. She was the devil in his conscience and encouraged him to do all his horrible acts. You can make the argument that she's the woman behind the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger
    You're right. Injustice is bad. From the characterizations down to the costume designs. The whole thing seems like it comes from people who don't really understand what's special about the characters. It's someone with a cursory knowledge of the DCU smashing action figures together. Nothing more.
    Did you skip the first Injustice? The first game featured the true versions of the characters and captured them perfectly fine. The mainstream versions of Wonder Woman and Superman were instrumental in bringing down the regime in the game's climax.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon
    They could still made a cool fighting video game where you actually fought villains in story mode, and have random fights in Arcade like it was always the case with fighting games, tought
    Is Brainiac not a villain now? I could have sworn it was game's main villain who both Batman and Superman's teams got together to fight against. Maybe it's just me. The game also has a traditional arcade if you didn't know.

Don't give a damn. It's an alternate world and these characters aren't the same throughout every universe. Besides WW showed she was her own being in the games throughout it all, at least in the first game, well mainstream Diana that is.

Most people probably don't think twice about the story and focus more on beating up friends in the game. Which is me too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Don't give a damn. It's an alternate world and these characters aren't the same throughout every universe. Besides WW showed she was her own being in the games throughout it all, at least in the first game, well mainstream Diana that is.

Most people probably don't think twice about the story and focus more on beating up friends in the game. Which is me too.
    Yeah Mainstream Diana and Superman came into Injustice universe and helped clean house and where completely disgusted with their counterparts for being weak enough to end up being the tyrants they were. Wonderwoman beat the crap out of Injustice Diana and banished her from Themyscra in the game. Its the Reason why Diana hasn't been back to her homeland in Injustice 2 because she was banished and lost all support from the Amazons.

Spectacular Member TheSeaDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post

That was the first one. This game is just the batman wankfest. In the first one at least Diana and Kal arcade endings where based on their good selves. Now the only version of them is straight up evil .
    This is part of the reason of why Batman will continue outselling everyone. Doesnt matter is an alternate universe, a casual fan who see this story its more likely to pick up a batman comic that a superman or WW one afterwards.
    At least when Marvel screws up everyone ends lookin like crap,
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; 05-18-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    That was the first one. This game is just the batman wankfest. In the first one at least Diana and Kal arcade endings where based on their good selves. Now the only version of them is straight up evil .
    This is part of the reason of why Batman will continue outselling everyone. Doesnt matter is an alternate universe, a casual fan who see this story its more likely to pick up a batman comic that a superman or WW one afterwards.
    At least when Marvel screws up everyone ends lookin like crap,
    It does matter that it's an alternative universe as it immediately tells the audience it's a different take on the character. There's a single player mode in the game that explains what the multiverse is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It does matter that it's an alternative universe as it immediately tells the audience it's a different take on the character. There's a single player mode in the game that explains what the multiverse is.
    But that doesn't change the fact the general crowd playing is grilling on everyone else but Batman looks good because he's human or some dumb crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    But that doesn't change the fact the general crowd playing is grilling on everyone else but Batman looks good because he's human or some dumb crap like that.
    Ding ding Thats correct. Again, after a story like this, a casual gamer or fan is more likely to pick up a Batman comic than a Superman or WW one. You re entitled to enjoy this alternate take, but yeah , then dont complain about Batman being more popular than everyone , or the famous periodical thread here about why Diana dont sell more

Ding ding Thats correct. Again, after a story like this, a casual gamer or fan is more likely to pick up a Batman comic than a Superman or WW one. You re entitled to enjoy this alternate take, but yeah , then dont complain about Batman being more popular than everyone , or the famous periodical thread here about why Diana dont sell more
    A casual gamer wouldn't pick up a comic at all. The only one they'll get is the comic that came packaged with the game. Movies don't rise the sales of a comic. What makes you think a single video game can?

Quote Originally Posted by anarki
    Only Comics reader familiar with the concept of DC multiverse, non-comic reader won't care,
    injustice sold millions of copies, many people will turn into haters, and they won't read REAL WW comics.
    Just hope WW Movie can gain more new fans
    It doesn't take much to get anyone on youtube and twitter to hate something. I've seen comments of how people hate Batman over his bad treatment of Damian. He can't forgive him over the accidental murder of Dick but he has Harley by his side who was partially responsible for Metropolis getting nuked. Deadshot getting all of hate too because most people can't handle his zoning.

whatever. Marvel has years of makin fighting games and crossover fighting games without the need of character assasination . Injustice is a scenario that could work in a elseworld comic and i would not complain so much, but as a portrayal of the DC universe in a mainstream vidoe game, it sucks big time .
    And yeah, you are right that is easy being an internet hater, IW, but you dont need to make it easier for the haters . Kal and Diana where far behind of Bruce mainstream appeal years before injustice , but this doesnt help them at all

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Diana isn't subservient to Superman. From the prequels and the original game she was the one pushed Superman into becoming what he is. She was the devil in his conscience and encouraged him to do all his horrible acts. You can make the argument that she's the woman behind the man.
    She is supporting him and not acting on her own so I don't like it. I dont mind her being evil but at least don't have her supporting and backing him give her her own cause or something
    Last edited by Aphrodite's Champion; 05-19-2017 at 11:57 AM.

whatever. Marvel has years of makin fighting games and crossover fighting games without the need of character assasination . Injustice is a scenario that could work in a elseworld comic and i would not complain so much, but as a portrayal of the DC universe in a mainstream vidoe game, it sucks big time .
    And yeah, you are right that is easy being an internet hater, IW, but you dont need to make it easier for the haters . Kal and Diana where far behind of Bruce mainstream appeal years before injustice , but this doesnt help them at all
    Marvel fighting games made by Capcom don't have stories. There isn't an opportunity for "character assassination" to happen. I think your underestimating people's awareness of these games. Everyone I encountered is aware Injustice is an elseworlds story. It will take more than a single game series to morph people's perception of Wonder Woman and Superman with their 80 year histories as being heroes.

Incredible Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Actually the causals who don't read comics know that this is an elseworld story or simply a different universe than their heroic selves. The first game established that this isn't the way things are supposed to be. With the WW movie coming out and Justice League right around the corner I don't see how this game is ruining the characters.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    OP, you won me over at batman wankfest.

Crap like this and fanboys who defend his role as "the hero" because of "he's human" or dumb crap like that is why I can't stand him.

Just once we get a story where he's the bad guy who needs to be stopped. I don't care who beats him up have it be Wonder Woman, Guy Gardner or even Plastic Man.
    Anything to show that just because he's Batman doesn't mean he's the morally superior douche all the time.

This!

People always criticize the "powered" characters, especially in DC, of being unrelatable. They don't go through the same struggles we humans face. Batman, a mere mortal, has to "work" (haha!) for his powers of gadgetry and fighting skills.

I think we are log overdue for an evil Batman story, where something happens to turn Bruce into a villain, and we get to see how the other Leaguers exhibit their humanity and training. Maybe he cripples Superman, takes Lantern's ring and Barry's powers. Diana has to train them to be able to physically fight Bruce. Cyborg and Flash invent new gadgets to counter Bruce's seemingly unbeatable ones. Diana squares off with him hand to hand and beats him. Stuff like that.

Amazing Member

I would love if they gave the costume options for the Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot versions. (Heck even Cathy Lee Crosby, why not?) Then you could play through as the version you like best. The Wonder Woman model in Injustice 2 looks a lot like Lynda Carter already.

Im not a fan of Diana in this game, to be honest. She may not be a slave to Superman, but she's definitely blind to how the human mortals would feel living under an all-powerful regime like that. I don't like to think that Diana could so easily fall in line to such a system. She is a free spirit, untamed and devoted to helping others feel freedom and peace. This portrayal goes directly against her character and there isn't a really good reason given in the story for her to change.

Yeah, you can say alternate universe as much as you want, but there is things that are against the core of a character. This is not the Crime Syindicate, is not Red Son, is a superman who was raised by the kents and had a very similar story until the metropolis incident. So, a bad day make him a monster. This story just says the Joker was right all along
    And yeah, for diana is also totally OOC .
    Is also annoying that even in main continuity comics , she was the one who had to cross the line and deal with batman, and even Superman at that time, morally high horse douchery, when she killed Max . I dont want my heroes to be cold blood killers, but this idea that takin one life of a evil pyscho makes you as bas as him, is BS and please, i would be thankful if there is no more stories where that is a main plot point