Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ego VS Dormammu

Default Ego VS Dormammu

Ego VS Dormammu who is the Supreme cosmic Being of the MCU? fight is in space if its a stomp or Ego has no way to win he gets starlord and a week of prep.

I know Dormammu is supposed to be this super powerful being, but what are his actual feats? He didn't even get out of his dark dimension(or whatever it was). So how are we going to know what he can do outside of that?
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I know Dormammu is supposed to be this super powerful being, but what are his actual feats? He didn't even get out of his dark dimension(or whatever it was). So how are we going to know what he can do outside of that?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Yes, but that's the dark dimension. We don't know what his powers are outside of that.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yes, but that's the dark dimension. We don't know what his powers are outside of that.
    is that the way Dormammus powers work in the comics? if not i see no reason to assume he is powerless outside the dark dimension.

Ego: "I'm a planet dammit. Bow before me."
    Dormammu: "I consume entire universes."
    Ego: "Ehm... I'll just go and hide under a rock then and hope some hero passes by..."

Yes, but that's the dark dimension.
    He is the Dark Dimension.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

If one is not on Ego, what can he/it do to you?

Dormammu is power/energy supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Ego one-shot a fleet of Sovereign ships, so he can do quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    That does not seem likle something that will impress a living dimension.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

To clarify Twickster's statement, a biological construct being puppeted by Ego and flying in a spaceship created by Ego an unknown number of light-years away from Ego's planet (Assume a fair number of warp gates during travel) one-shot a fleet of the Sovereign's ships. Also, later (spoilers, but if you're in this thread in the first place, you should expect that) he feeds energy to a crapton of flowers he planted across the galaxy in order to cause them to consume their planets and form a network of Ego planet bodies. The guy can clearly act by proxy to expend a lot of energy over astounding distances, and creates minions capable of fast travel to do so at need.

I'm not sure how well he can do against Dormammu - Dormy's feats are mostly against Strange, who's a mite smaller target than Ego. Conceptually Domammu should still have the edge, but featwise Ego does more stuff on a planetary scale. I'm not sure if Dormammu's even naturally tangible, though, as he appears to just sort of emerge from the fabric of space in his dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That does not seem likle something that will impress a living dimension.
    Remind me what combat feats Dormammu had, exactly.

Remind me what combat feats Dormammu had, exactly.
    Has absorbed countles of universes into himself.

How do you combat a living universe, even if you are a planet with an overinflated sense of yourself.
    - Gerhard Bronner

Thanks for the clarification, Guy Smiley!

I was going off long-ago stories with Ego in them. I have not read anything new with Ego in many years. Back then, Thor, Hercules and Firelord strapped a propulsion engine on Ego which blasted him/it into the black galaxy I think. Obviously, Ego has improved since then!

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Thanks for the clarification, Guy Smiley!

I was going off long-ago stories with Ego in them. I have not read anything new with Ego in many years. Back then, Thor, Hercules and Firelord strapped a propulsion engine on Ego which blasted him/it into the black galaxy I think. Obviously, Ego has improved since then!
    Ah, sort of.

The OP is asking about the MCU versions. (I hate that acronym, because the obvious thing to assign those letters to is 'Marvel Comics Universe', whereas everyone on the board actually uses it to mean 'Marvel Cinematic Universe'.) Because of this, these are entirely different versions of the characters than the comics version. Movie Ego claims to be one of the Celestials, and is a giant energy brain that has massive matter and energy creation abilities that it used to build a planet-shell around itself, whereas comics Ego is still... a weird sentient planet thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Has absorbed countles of universes into himself.
    That was what was *said* about him. The question was what feats did he have in the movie.

How do you combat a living universe, even if you are a planet with an overinflated sense of yourself.
    What we saw of Dornammu was a giant floating head who kept on killing a capable, but still human, sorcerer. You can blast a floating head.