Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Petition to have JM DeMatteis & Sal Buscema's Spider-Man run collected

JM SB SPSM.jpg

Last year I bound one of my favorite runs – JM DeMatteis & Sal Buscema’s Spectacular Spider-Man run, focusing on the Ballad of Harry Osborn. The undertaking was a labor of love. I propose that the run be collected officially.

JM DeMatteis’ Spectacular Spider-Man needs to collected in omnibus format. The collection had one of the best character studies and arcs in memory – dealing with the struggle of Harry Osborn. The story dealt with family generational legacies, friendships, mental illness, and grudges. The story has stuck with fans for over 25 years - with this collection placing ahead of 50% of the 2017 Most Wanted Marvel Omnibuses via Tygereyes, even though major story points are no longer cannon.

Another fan has taken the time to organized a petition, communicating to Marvel that this run is desired for official release. If you have found memories of this run, please take a few moments - to sign & share.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...bus-collection
    Last edited by arosenbarger; 05-19-2017 at 05:19 AM.
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Signed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Signed!

Thank you! JM Approved!

http://www.jmdematteis.com/2017/05/s...or-spidey.html
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Signed and even made a donation to iPetitions even when it's completely unrelated.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it's ever published. I would like only Spidey in the spine, with no frogs. But that's nitpicking and having this run collected would be more than enough.

Never even knew this existed. But I love Spidey, and I love JM D. I know others want this, I sincerely hope you get it. Signed.

Mighty Member

Bah! Signed a similar petition a couple years ago for Ultimate Spidey v2. Still waiting!!

Updated petition with approval from creators, how fans can get involved, if they want the bind.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Bah! Signed a similar petition a couple years ago for Ultimate Spidey v2. Still waiting!!
    If you don't want to spend literally a couple of minutes to sign, share, support, that's your decision, and as much I'd like a Ult. Spidey vol 2, I don't think there was custom bind prototype, content mapping, design details, creator approval, and HOW TO SUPPORT the effort.

Maybe it's all moot, but there are two ways to look at this situation:

if we don't get a release...YAY, you saved $3 minutes of your life!

if we DO get release - COOL! Thank you for helping out with this effort!

I would like to see one, but I do not think a petition would really make this happens. People signing it do not equal pre-orders it may receive so would not mean much to marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I would like to see one, but I do not think a petition would really make this happens. People signing it do not equal pre-orders it may receive so would not mean much to marvel.
    We don't know how Marvel decides. I mean, unless there's a movie coming out, its hard to get an omnibus.

However, I stand by fans would love this released, creators would like this released, and if the petition is only a point of reference, its a point of reference toward argument.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    If you don't want to spend literally a couple of minutes to sign, share, support, that's your decision, and as much I'd like a Ult. Spidey vol 2, I don't think there was custom bind prototype, content mapping, design details, creator approval, and HOW TO SUPPORT the effort.

Maybe it's all moot, but there are two ways to look at this situation:

if we don't get a release...YAY, you saved $3 minutes of your life!

if we DO get release - COOL! Thank you for helping out with this effort!
    My comment was made (mostly) in jest, so don't get your panties in a wad.

I too believe Marvel couldn't give 2 shits about petitions. I do, however, think this particular collection will eventually see the light of day. I even had it on my top 10 most wanted list!

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    My comment was made (mostly) in jest, so don't get your panties in a wad.

I too believe Marvel couldn't give 2 shits about petitions. I do, however, think this particular collection will eventually see the light of day. I even had it on my top 10 most wanted list!
    Yeah I would love this collection, but Marvel is going to ignore any online petitions it is nice to get support for a book. Realistically most major companies are going to ignore online petitions these days. They have no way to even confirm it is legit, or if one person just signed under many names. You see a ton of them these days, but they never seem to accomplish anything outside of getting posted on blog sites for people to sign. Hopefully one day they get around to it as DeMatteis is an excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yeah I would love this collection, but Marvel is going to ignore any online petitions it is nice to get support for a book. Realistically most major companies are going to ignore online petitions these days. They have no way to even confirm it is legit, or if one person just signed under many names. You see a ton of them these days, but they never seem to accomplish anything outside of getting posted on blog sites for people to sign. Hopefully one day they get around to it as DeMatteis is an excellent.
    Marvel doesn't care about faceless efforts, Marvel doesn't care about anything but money.

However we've mailed requests to Marvel Staff, we Tweet those involved. We're just trying to reach out. I don't believe having one point of contact will convince Marvel to print this collection. I believe by fans reaching out, signing a petition, Tweeting Marvel, using the petition as a talking point, seeing the bind, seeing the creator approval - it's a better chance than JUST a petition.

So here I am, tossing out my net for support. Do I think this is any instant process? No. But its a process.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Signed! I'd buy this in a heartbeat and wouldn't be surprised at all if this is solicited sometime in the near future.

Why are guys crying about an online petition. Its not like you have to walk up a hill to sign it. Jesus Christ.

I signed days ago.