Default Does resolution on a tablet matter much for reading comics?

Love my Kindle 8.9 HD 1920 resolution but thinking of a bigger tablet (10.1 or 10.6) but the problem is they are 1280 or 1366

Will it be a shock to me after reading on an HD Kindle for over 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Love my Kindle 8.9 HD 1920 resolution but thinking of a bigger tablet (10.1 or 10.6) but the problem is they are 1280 or 1366

Gut feeling: you'll gain more from extra screen size than you'll lose from the drop in resolution.

Only 1 way to be sure...have a look at a comic on the proposed tablet/s. If one is up and running at a nearby store, would it be possible to go to comixology website, and have a look at one of their "see what's inside" samples??

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That would be what I would do. If you're going to spend that much on a device I sure would do that or request that a salesperson show you if they don't want customers to navigate for themselves.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post

For me, absolutely. Going from 1920*1200 to 1280*800 or 1366*768 is not as bad as going from iPad retina (2048*1536) to non-retina (1024*768) but it's definitely noticeable. Text and lines wouldn't be as clear/sharp. The size difference from ~9" to ~10" class screen isn't really that significant anyway.

Have you considered a 9.7" iPad? Latest model is just $329 (32GB) and $429 (128GB). Occasional discounts drop it down to $299/399. Caveat, no microSD slot.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-19-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja