Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Superman August Solicitation Previews

SUPERMAN #28
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PATRICK GLEASON and KEITH CHAMPAGNE • Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Cover by DOUG MAHNKE • Variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    “FEAR ITSELF” part one! The writing team of Tomasi and Gleason are joined by co-writer Keith Champagne in a story that returns to their Green Lantern roots and asks the question “What scares Superman?”
    On sale AUGUST 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPERMAN #29
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PATRICK GLEASON and KEITH CHAMPAGNE • Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Cover by RYAN SOOK • Variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    “FEAR ITSELF” part two! This looks like a job for...Sinestro?! Thrust into the anti-matter universe of Qward, Superman’s only hope is the former greatest of the Green Lanterns!
    On sale AUGUST 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Credit: DC Comics
    SUPER SONS #7
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI • Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ • Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    “PLANET OF THE CAPES” part two! Monster maker Kraklow puts Superboy to the test during his first team-up with Damian Wayne’s Teen Titans. As wave after wave of Kraklow’s wicked creations try to overwhelm the Teen Titans, can Superboy turn the tide in this onslaught of enemies?
    On sale AUGUST 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

SUPERWOMAN #13
    Written by K. PERKINS • Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and ART THIBERT • Cover by KEN LASHLEY • Variant cover by RENATO GUEDES
    “RETURN TO SMALLVILLE!” Searching for an explanation of the source of her powers, Lana traces her steps back to high school with a teenage Clark Kent in Smallville. With Lana’s role as Superwoman hanging in the balance, Lex Luthor makes an unexpected appearance.
    On sale AUGUST 9 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-19-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Sweet solicit for Superman in August, I've always wanted to see how he would fare against Sinestro.

Guess that's all the info so far.

A team up with Sinestro is certainly not what I was expecting.

Huh, so I guess we finally know where Sinestro went after the first HJ&GLC arc .

Jon with the Titans sounds like it's going to be really fun .

It'll be nice to be back in Smallville for the new Superwoman arc. With Lex showing up, I'm wondering if we'll get more insight into his relationship with Clark and the gang during their teenage years?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

SUPER SONS #7
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI • Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ • Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    “PLANET OF THE CAPES” part two! Monster maker Kraklow puts Superboy to the test during his first team-up with Damian Wayne’s Teen Titans. As wave after wave of Kraklow’s wicked creations try to overwhelm the Teen Titans, can Superboy turn the tide in this onslaught of enemies?
    On sale AUGUST 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    This is so making me wish for Jorge Jimenez to be the penciller on Teen Titans. Starfire and Raven are so pretty here.

Thanks for sharing!
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Batwoman, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Crosswind, Sacred Creatures, Astonishing X-Men, Defenders, Elektra, Gamora, Hawkeye, Secret Empire, Sam Wilson, Steve Rogers, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Nancy Drew

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    This is so making me wish for Jorge Jimenez to be the penciller on Teen Titans. Starfire and Raven are so pretty here.

Thanks for sharing!
    Agreed .

Oh yeah Sinestro looked like he was dead at the end of the first HJ&GLC arc but I guess it makes sense he ended up in the Anti Matter universe.

Fantastic Member

Sinestro Corps Superman? Well, I certainly wasn't expecting this. Wonder how they will explain it, though the Sinestro Corps are a force for good right now.

A bit bummed Gleason is drawing so few issues, but I guess Mahnke is faster. I would really like Pat to draw a complete arc.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Might pick up Superwoman again that month. SUPERMAN is just aces and SUPER SONS looks fun.

Man, the Superbooks are killing it! A year in and if anything the quality just keeps getting better.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I wonder what Action's going to be about? Are we finished with the "Revenge" arc?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what Action's going to be about? Are we finished with the "Revenge" arc?
    It's supposed to be a two-part Deathstroke story isn't it?

I remember there were art previews for it some months back

I think I remember reading about that, but I wasn't sure. Sounds cool though .

I was just making a joke about Tomasi and Gleason trying their best not write stories with the setting in Metropolis, but they are only proving my point with this fear arc lol

Glad to see we will finally get a Superman story without Jon though, as much as I like the kid, it's nice to get these stories.

Yep, I think it was gonna be released earlier, but Jurgens moved the revenge story up I guess.

I'm getting Injustice vibes.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I'm getting Injustice vibes.
    From what exactly?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.