Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Couldn't DC Try to restore Wally West and his family via Superman Reborn style ?

Givens what happened to Superman in Superman Reborn: Couldn't a similar thing happen for Wally West and his life ?

I truly feel Bad for Wally and if DC can have a title for the sons of Superman and Batman, then surely they can bring back Wally's former life back into Rebirth history.

As fans of the character and his history what do you think of this ?

I'd be all for this!

I have continually HATED the ongoing sentiment in Titans that the characters need to focus on the future and making new relationships and memories, and not the past.

NO. THAT IS BULLCRAP.

The only reason we don't have that past,DC, is because you threw it away. You don't get to tell us to just move on!

I want Wally to have his full time as the Flash restored. I want him to have all of his friends, I want him married to Linda, and YES, I want Irey and Jai.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Givens what happened to Superman in Superman Reborn: Couldn't a similar thing happen for Wally West and his life ?

I truly feel Bad for Wally and if DC can have a title for the sons of Superman and Batman, then surely they can bring back Wally's former life back into Rebirth history.

As fans of the character and his history what do you think of this ?
    Yes but it requires the removal of certain people from DC who are adamant about shilling Barry as the One True Flash, who got rid of Wally in the first place and who were adamant about not using the pre-FP version (remember the Manabooch pitch of Wally for their run that sat on someones desk and gathered dust) until the failure of Convergence/DCYou temporarily neutralized said person.

The state of current day DC continuity is ultimately a reflection of a lot of internal politics within DC Publishing so continuity is thus the continuation of editorial politics by other means.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-19-2017 at 09:50 AM.

I'd be all for it.

I don't know how popular Irey and Jay were with fans though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I'd be all for this!

I have continually HATED the ongoing sentiment in Titans that the characters need to focus on the future and making new relationships and memories, and not the past.

NO. THAT IS BULLCRAP.

The only reason we don't have that past,DC, is because you threw it away. You don't get to tell us to just move on!

I want Wally to have his full time as the Flash restored. I want him to have all of his friends, I want him married to Linda, and YES, I want Irey and Jai.
    I agree 100%!! I think that what Abnett is writing in Titans, though, is just a red herring. I mean, why would they continually draw attention to the fact that that time is missing (because that's what they're doing) if they don't plan to restore it?
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'd be all for it.

I don't know how popular Irey and Jay were with fans though.
    I don't think they were universally beloved. I really thought Wally's character fell into a rut after his marriage and the birth of his kids. He was never the same again, and I don't mean in a good way. Bringing back Linda would be fine, though.

Not every superhero is meant to be a "Superdad" or "Batdad." The role didn't fit Wally like a red glove.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I'd be down for it, but it would probably require Wally getting his own Flash book before it could happen.

The marriage with Linda coming back is probably more likely then Jay and Irey though.

I was never a fan of his kids so no thanks. However Linda is fine.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Not on the main Earth. Keep it on one of the Multiverse worlds.

I don't want kids back, if ever, so no thanks.

I don't want his kids back. They KILLED the book last time since many many fans hated it when they got the old "magicaly aged up" troupe and become such big parts of the book. I dropped the book not long after it became "Flash and Kids" because it was just not a good dynamic. I would be fine with him and Linda giving it another try, but I would be more than happy never to see Jai and Iris again unless it was an alternate Earth.

BANNED

No way, keep those little abominations as far from Wally as possible. You want to help Wally then put him in a book written by someone who actually gets his character and stop sidelining him. He's got enough potential supporting cast that those kids can be kept out of existence.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Though I object to the return of the kids in general, I will make this distinction: I liked Irey, and thought she had potential, but her time hadn't (and still hasn't) come yet. I can see Irey being a good character to develop when Wally has reached the point that his taking a step back from the superhero game is natural (which it wasn't at the time that his run ended).

I did not like the direction they were going with Jai. Jai seemed to be headed towards the path of the late 1990s prophecy (foreshadowed in KINGDOM COME and again alluded to in THE LIFE STORY OF THE FLASH, both by Mark Waid) that Wally's son would come to some kind of tragic end. I was NOT looking forward to seeing that play out and I doubt I ever will. Thus, no Jai...unless they completely abandon that characterization and foregone tragic conclusion.

As it is, Wally's kids should be put off for the far, far future...like the Tornado Twins were for Barry and Iris.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Fantastic Member

I would like it if dc would bring wallys kids if they also brought back leann Harper so they could be on a boom together with Jon Kent and Damian wayne and call it the super kids��.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I don't think they were universally beloved. I really thought Wally's character fell into a rut after his marriage and the birth of his kids.
    You do remember the entire post-Johns run of Wally by Waid was sabotaged right? That he couldn't do what he wanted on the book (and what DC had promised him), that the artist left midway and supposedly that the editor, a friend of his, begged him to stay on (or she'd suffer the consequences). That circumstances outside of his control had more influence on the lackluster stories/characterization rather any lack of potential in that scenario of a Flash family type story. It's like saying Emerald Twilight or Zero Hour was a faithful depiction of Hal Jordan or Armaggedon 2001 of Hawk (or Captain Atom).
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-19-2017 at 11:47 AM.