Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Favorite non-comic version of Superman...

Pick your favorite non-comic version of Superman! It can be movies, TV shows, video games (though I can't imagine Injustice being a whole lot of people's favorite version) or even just a novelization!
    Jokerize those fries!

Definitely the DCAU Superman. I've loved almost all incarcerations especially like Donner's Superman but that gave the most and widest look into the Superman mythos and world to me.

I'm torn. I really want to say the radio show version of Adventures of Superman starring Bud Collyer, who still to this day makes the single best distinction between Clark Kent and Superman, even compared to Reeve, and who fights my favorite obscure villain, the Yellow Mask.

But also, I seriously love the one from the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon, where he's first all young and cute and badass and then in season two he's older but still cute and badass.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Not sure. Probably the DCAU Superman honestly. I also like the Superman from Supergirl a good deal.

The idea of the MOS Superman is cool, but I don't really care much for him right now.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-19-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

I like the Gods and Monsters take on Superman but he's not meant to be a traditional take on Superman so let me choose someone else.

I actually dug Mark Harmon's performance as Superman in Crisis on two earths so that's my answer.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-19-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Longtime Reader

The Injustice Regime Superman, of course. He even defended the great General Zod and his coup on Krypton before Kara and Batman at the end of the second one, denouncing that villain Jor-El! I always knew Kal would finally admit who was right. (check username).

Spectacular Member TheSeaDragon's Avatar

DCEU

yeah, i said it.

REEEVE(Supreme Superman) and..

CW-ChrisReeve-portrait-6.jpg

The Superman of Batman Brave and Bold.

1738957-725b071super.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-21-2017 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like the Gods and Monsters take on Superman but he's not meant to be a traditional take on Superman so let me choose someone else.

I actually dug Mark Harmon's performance as Superman in Crisis on two earths so that's my answer.
    The Gods and Monsters Superman is phenomenal, but I don't like him more than most iterations of Kal-El. I mean there's definitely some, but...

I do like the Kirk Langstrom Batman more than I like most versions of Bruce Wayne though, haha!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Standing Member

It would be hard to pick just one, but I really like the Superman in the "Adventures of Seinfeld and Superman" for Amex. Oh yes, Wyoming!
    If you would be beloved and die regretted
    Profit by the example of
    DASH

Clem Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

HISHE Superman.
    First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    HISHE Superman.
    Honestly...That has to be my pick too.

Runner up...The Donner Reeve Supes. I know...A lot of you probably are surprised as it seems I'm harsh on those films, but Reeve was amazing and still is. The movies themselves have major flaws ( particularly after the first one) but Reeve's look and performance isn't one of them. He was Superman .
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Standing Member

HISHE? How it should have ended? um, okay
    If you would be beloved and die regretted
    Profit by the example of
    DASH

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

This is an easy one:

I came up with the best way to explain why I love Henry Cavill's Superman above everything else. When I look at other actors, I see an actor playing Superman. When I see Henry Cavill in the costume I literally see Superman, who came alive straight from comic book pages. Lots of people might question this version of Superman, but if anything, Man of Steel and BvS made me love him more as character, because it showed that Superman can exist even in such realistic and pessimistic world as ours. The way how people were complaining about Superman in BvS movie and discussing his actions reminded me how people in our time tend to criticise almost literally eveything, if you have good intentions, people will always try and see that you have something behind it, some selfish goals that you hide behind your good behavior and doing right things here and there. Quoting that news feed from the movie "Maybe he is just a guy trying to do the right thing" while having all the powers to do the wrong things, he could become rich in an instant, conquer entire planet, but choses to use power for good, while leading a normal life without cheating his way to the top using his physical superiority among humans and if this is not Super enough for you, I don't know what to say.
    Last edited by GreatKungLao; 05-21-2017 at 10:43 AM.

DCEU Superman and Smallville Clark Kent. I haven't watched much animated movies. Can someone suggest some animated movies worth watching?