Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    DCEU Superman and Smallville Clark Kent. I haven't watched much animated movies. Can someone suggest some animated movies worth watching?
    Superman: Unbdound is a must see. The best latest Superman animated movie.

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Superman: Unbdound is a must see. The best latest Superman animated movie.
    Thank you. I will definitely watch it.

iMan 42s

One of my favorites would be Injustice 2 Regime Superman. His portrayal in Injustice 2 is a lot less mad tyrant and more well-meaning but very flawed in execution. Superman in Injustice 2 isn't entirely wrong for how he acts and you can see the gears moving as he's thinking, what he's thinking about and how he does still see himself as the hero even if he feels he's had to abandon a lot of the classic superman traits. Even his dialogue at times sounds very Superman. I wish we could've gotten something more balanced in the first game though, as Injustice 2 wont change the stigma from the first entry.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Overall: Superman: The Animated Series (DCAU).

However, in terms of live-action film, Christopher Reeve. The predictable answer, I know. Lately, however, I've developed more of a liking for the Pre-Crisis era, which this Superman was extremely faithful towards, minus a few elements such as Clark as Superboy and Lex growing up in Smallville. It should be noted, though, that when I say this version I only mean the first film and, to a small extent, the third. Contrary to popular opinion, I think the theatrical cut of II is a mess and, well, I don't think I need to go into detail about IV.
    Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-20-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Standing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Can someone suggest some animated movies worth watching?
    Not a movie, but a series of short subjects, every Superman fan should watch the Fleischer Studios/Famous Sudios SUPERMAN cartoons. If you hope to go into the Masters program in Advanced Superman Studies at Shuster University, watching this series is required. Lucky for students, unlucky for DC, this series is widely available due to previous copyright issues--it used to be that everyone and his brother was selling tapes and DVDs of these cartoons.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

George Reeves Superman, particularly the first season of AoS.

I really like Henry Cavill, if they just gave him something to actually work with.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-20-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Hell...I don't know why I've forgotten the Famous studio/fleisher Shorts!! I guess in my mind I associate it with the golden age Siegel and Shuster comics so much that I've forgotten it's really it's own thing.

So yeah...i amend my earlier answer.The Fleisher shorts are my all time favorite Superman incarnation outside of the comics.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I have a somewhat controversial choice. It would be the Ruby Spears Superman. It wasn't the show itself necessarily so much as the short Family Album segments that ended the show. It showed young Clark using his powers as a kid. It made Clark more relatable. No other version of the character ever went into his history like that. It stuck with me for years after the show went off the air. It's also why I have kind of a stick in my craw about Superman's origin (particularly the fact that they keep rebooting it). The show itself was pretty generic. It was no DCAU in terms of quality. I have no rose colored glasses about it. My second favorites would be the Donner movies and Smallville. Donner movies being the basis for both RS and Smallville. Smallville stands out because it was the right combination of pre-and post-Crisis Superman. Keeping the best elements of both.
    Jokerize those fries!

Fantastic Member

Reeve. There are a few admirable contenders after that, but Reeve still stands above them.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I have a somewhat controversial choice. It would be the Ruby Spears Superman.
    Dagnabbit. I was going to mention the Ruby Spears Superman

It wasn't the show itself necessarily so much as the short Family Album segments that ended the show. It showed young Clark using his powers as a kid. It made Clark more relatable. No other version of the character ever went into his history like that. It stuck with me for years after the show went off the air.
    Same here.

It's also why I have kind of a stick in my craw about Superman's origin (particularly the fact that they keep rebooting it). The show itself was pretty generic. It was no DCAU in terms of quality. I have no rose colored glasses about it.
    It always felt like a moving-comic-book to me.

The Fleischer series tops my list overall - c'mon, Superman punching a friggin' energy beam over and over again was just... it makes me shiver and grin just thinking about it, let alone watching the scene.

He was just the quiet man of action. Stepping in, getting the job done, and then up, up, and away.

Reeve (or perhaps through Donner's directing) did something similar (excluding his interactions with Lois and Lex (and Jimmy and Miss T) - I'm mainly referring to the post-helicopter stuff and the post-missile rescue scenes)). He was, at times, like the random person who catches you when you trip over, helps you stand again, and then, with a smile, walks away.

Cavill-Supes has so much potential, it's just frustrating they keep handicapping him and then shooting themselves in the foot at the same time.

So:

Fleischer
    Reeve-Ruby Spears tie
    Cavill
    George Newburn-Tim Daly tie

Incredible Member

Tomorrow's Memoir- a fan film from the early 2000's

These two gents are personal favs.

Standing Member

While, I would sometimes see the George Reeves Superman re-runs on TV, in syndication--that was on channel 7, which we could only clearly get if my dad went up on the roof and changed the direction of the antenna. The only time I distinctly remember watching THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN with a clear plcture was when we stayed at a hotel down in Seattle for the World's Fair in 1962 when I was three almost four years old.

So the Superman that I really remember seeing on TV is the one in THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN from Filmation in 1966. This was just before I started reading the comic books. It featured the same voices as on the radio show and in the Fleischer cartoons--Bud Collyer, Joan Alexander, Jackson Beck. And the designs were based on Curt Swan's art. Even those cartoons are kind of vague in my memory now, but I remember well Collyer's distinctive voice and how he'd change from Clark Kent to Superman.

I have the first two seasons of Adventures of Superman but I'm way behind on them. I'm loving the first season just because it's so old school Superman. It's refreshing to see him take on street gangsters instead of aliens for a change. And Clark Kent is a well rounded person in them. Half the stories are him as a reporter uncovering what happened and then switching to Superman to save the day. This is the kind of thing I'd like to see more of in all versions. If Supergirl ever did a Superman spin-off, this is the direction I kind of hope it goes in. Of course I'm behind on Supergirl too! I'm behind on all my shows!
    Jokerize those fries!