Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default A Complete Marvel's GENERATIONS Cover Gallery and Full Creative Team List

Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

I'm guessing, from these covers, that these team-ups are going to involve the younger generation teaming-up with their predecessors at earlier periods in their careers.

Amazing Member

what is GENERATIONS? looks good tho with the bruce banner hulk' cant imagine any other hulk for me

So, thoughts going from the covers:

- Those Hulk covers are pretty cool, but "Banner Hulk?" Shouldn't they have gone with "Incredible" or "Savage" to match Cho being "Totally Awesome?" Just doesn't really roll of the tongue as well in my opinion. I'm curious to see when in Banner's life this team-up happens.

- It's kind of weird seeing "Phoenix" and Jean Grey on a cover together and treated as separate entities, though I guess I get why they went that way. I'm assuming, given adult Jean is in her Phoenix costume, this is going to take place at the height of her control over the Phoenix Force. Which should be interesting to see bounce off Teen Jean who's working towards not becoming the Phoenix.

- Interesting that Laura is in both of her Wolverine costumes on those covers. I'm guessing her team-up with Logan is in Madripoor, fighting The Hand.

- Did they have to list Thor as the "Unworthy Thor?" Couldn't they have just done "Thor Odinson?" Also, judging by the cover, we're going to see Thor and Jane (begrudgingly) team-up to fight Apocalypse. I wonder if this version of Thor is currently with Jane at the time he meets her as Thor?

- It's nice to see Clint in his classic look again. I'm wondering at what point in his life Kate is meeting him? The Kooky Quartet era? West Coast Avengers? Has he met Bobbi yet?

- So it looks like Sam is going to team-up with Steve and Bucky during WWII.

- Kinda weird to see Carol listed as Captain Marvel on the Ms. Marvel Generations issue. I mean, it's not like Kamala will actually be teaming-up with her as Captain Marvel in that issue, right?

Fantastic Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Loving the art. Wish they would release a little description of each so we could have an idea of what's going on there, but I guess we'll find out anyway once the solicitations start coming out.

Is that Apocalypse in the back of The Thunder cover? That seems rather... random. I wonder if he's gonna have a role in the story?

The Archers is probably my favorite pair of covers. The variant with both of them wearing the classic costume is just hilarious, and I LOVE the contrast on the main cover, with Clint as his old classic self and Kate rocking her energy bow! I'm SO glad someone remembered her energy bow; I wish she would use it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is that Apocalypse in the back of The Thunder cover? That seems rather... random. I wonder if he's gonna have a role in the story?
    Thor (Odinson) fought Apocalypse with Jarnbjorn during his youth, per Remender's Uncanny Avengers run, so that might be connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- Those Hulk covers are pretty cool, but "Banner Hulk?" Shouldn't they have gone with "Incredible" or "Savage" to match Cho being "Totally Awesome?" Just doesn't really roll of the tongue as well in my opinion. I'm curious to see when in Banner's life this team-up happens.

- It's kind of weird seeing "Phoenix" and Jean Grey on a cover together and treated as separate entities, though I guess I get why they went that way. I'm assuming, given adult Jean is in her Phoenix costume, this is going to take place at the height of her control over the Phoenix Force. Which should be interesting to see bounce off Teen Jean who's working towards not becoming the Phoenix.

- Interesting that Laura is in both of her Wolverine costumes on those covers. I'm guessing her team-up with Logan is in Madripoor, fighting The Hand.

- Did they have to list Thor as the "Unworthy Thor?" Couldn't they have just done "Thor Odinson?" Also, judging by the cover, we're going to see Thor and Jane (begrudgingly) team-up to fight Apocalypse. I wonder if this version of Thor is currently with Jane at the time he meets her as Thor?

- It's nice to see Clint in his classic look again. I'm wondering at what point in his life Kate is meeting him? The Kooky Quartet era? West Coast Avengers? Has he met Bobbi yet?

- Kinda weird to see Carol listed as Captain Marvel on the Ms. Marvel Generations issue. I mean, it's not like Kamala will actually be teaming-up with her as Captain Marvel in that issue, right?
    Well, listing it as between Jean Grey and the Phoenix sounds cooler than between Teen and Adult Jean Grey.

And Carol used to be Ms. Marvel before the name change, and Kamala got her powers.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, listing it as between Jean Grey and the Phoenix sounds cooler than between Teen and Adult Jean Grey.

And Carol used to be Ms. Marvel before the name change, and Kamala got her powers.
    True...

I know, that's why it feels weird they'd list her as Captain Marvel for the Ms. Marvel's Generations book. Wouldn't it make more sense to use her actual name instead of her current codename?

$4.99 per book for a series of team-up one-shots, probably of no consequence in each case? No thanks.
    Currently enjoying:
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows ~ Daredevil ~ Old Man Logan ~ Secret Empire ~ Zombies Assemble

Currently anticipating:
    Spider-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I like that they actually call the older Jean "Phoenix" since that's how it used to be instead of everyone getting to be a Phoenix host. Alonso said this wasn't about time-travel, but it's hard to believe with those covers...

Fantastic Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    $4.99 per book for a series of team-up one-shots, probably of no consequence in each case? No thanks.
    Some of them might turn out to have consequences, since Generations is sort of looking like a prelude to Legacy, which is confirmed to bring some beloved character(s) back. I won't be surprised if whatever goes down in some of those one-shots is responsible for that.

Interested in the Wolverines one.. but that's the only one I'm willing to pay 5 bucks for.

Couldn't they just call him Odinson? I was going to get that but i'm not interested now I'll just get The Marvels and The Spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Some of them might turn out to have consequences, since Generations is sort of looking like a prelude to Legacy, which is confirmed to bring some beloved character(s) back. I won't be surprised if whatever goes down in some of those one-shots is responsible for that.
    The only one I can see this being the case with is Hulk.

Phoenix and Teen Jean are basically the same, and I don't think there's any real appetite to bring Phoenix back.
    Wolverine won't be brought back in a one-shot, no chance.
    Thors, Hawkeyes, Ms. Marvel & Carol, Iron Persons, Spider-Men and Captains America are all still around, and how Steve gets back to normal will presumably play out in Secret Empire rather than here.

That leaves Mar-Vell and Hulk as the only two potential resurrections, by my count. So I might pick up the Hulk issue, depending on what more we see of it before its release date, but other than that I don't expect much from these stories.
    Currently enjoying:
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows ~ Daredevil ~ Old Man Logan ~ Secret Empire ~ Zombies Assemble

Currently anticipating:
    Spider-Men

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Interested in the Wolverines one.. but that's the only one I'm willing to pay 5 bucks for.
    Normally that would have been the only one that I'd be willing to get but the Bleedingcool reveal that none of these stories even take place in current continuity, I'm gonna pass. After all, I'm not about to pay $5 for something that doesn't even really matter.