Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Best and worst DC Super Villain Groups

What are the best and worst DC super villain groups?

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

Bane is my favorite villain, so I really like Secret Six, but overall if I have to choose one, my favorite is the Legion of Doom from JLU. JLU Lex Luthor is probably my favorite adaptation of a villain. The chemistry was fantastic, especially between Giganta and Bizarro. haha

I'm really not that knowledgeable about DC, so I'm going to be watching this thread!
    Last edited by Fearless Heart; 05-23-2017 at 01:04 PM.

BEST: Secret Six

WORST: I dunno. All other villain groups pale in comparison to the awesomeness of the Secret Six.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Best: Brotherhood of Evil (NTT era), Fearsome Five, Fatal Five, Legion of Super-Villains, The Extremists, Legion of Doom (Superfriends)

Worst: Secret Society of Super-Villains, Injustice League

Neutral: Injustice Society, Injustice Gang, Suicide Squad, The Cadre, The New Olympians, Monster Society of Evil, Brotherhood of Evil (Doom Patrol era), Brotherhood of Dada
    "The definition of all ages is itís not just for little kids." - Greg Goldstein, President of IDW.
    Currently reading: Doom Patrol, Micronauts, ROM.

Best: The Society, the Injustice League, Crime Syndicate, The Legion of Doom, The Brotherhood of Evil, The Fearsome Five, The Fatal Five, Legion of Super Villains, League of Assassins, Superman Revenge Squad, Secret Six, Female Furies, The Suicide Squad, The Rogues

Worst: Demolition Team, The Rainbow Raiders

Incredible Member

The Best: The Fatal Five, the Legion of Doom, Secret Six are my default answers but while not a traditional team but probably the best ever is the Sinestro-5 (the crew Sinestro assembled for the Sinestro Corps War might be the greatest gathering of villains ever because each member was all by their lonesome the main baddy of a major DC storyline, Sinestro: Green Lantern Rebirth, Cyborg Superman: Reign of the Supermen, Parallax: Emerald Twilight, Superboy Prime: Infinite Crisis and the Anti-Monitor Crisis on Infinite Earths along with a group of members of the Sinestro Corps.) Oh and the Great Darkness bunch silly name but Darkseid backed by corrupted versions of Orion, Superman, and a Guardian of the Universe all backed up by a planet full of mind controlled Daxamites. Talk about tall odds I guess that is why the Great Darkness Saga and the Sinestro Corps War are two of my all time favorite comic tales period. Can't think of ones I enjoyed more off the top of my head (maybe Crisis on Infinite Earths).
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 05-23-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Best DC Super-villain group in any medium? That's easy.

"The Light".

Lex Luthor. Ras al Ghul. Vandal Savage. Just for starters. YOUNG JUSTICE knew how to use its villians.

If they ever brought a similar themed group into the main DCU comics, I hope the roster goes like

Vandal Savage, Ras al Ghul, Paula von Gunther, Thaddeus Sivana, Slade Wilson, and Lex Luthor.

Hmmm ... still need an Aquaverse rep and a Lanternverse rep to complete the solo franchises, but they have to be pretty much human (long-lived and/or comic book peak human is fine).

Any suggestions?

Best - Legion of Doom

Worst - Wonderland Gang
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

Best: The Rogues. Forever and ever.

Worst: Fearsome Five. They are so lame haha
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

"The Light".

Lex Luthor. Ras al Ghul. Vandal Savage. Just for starters. YOUNG JUSTICE knew how to use its villians.
    This is absolutely my answer.

The Light has to be the single best team of villains in any DC medium.

I don't think that any of GL's villains would really work with the Light, but then again they've had dealings with Darkseid. I doubt he'd be part of their ranks, but I can definitely see Thaal Sinestro having dealings with them. The addition of Paula Von Gunther would be a good one, but I don't think Dr. Sivana makes sense- he's too cartoony. As for Aquaman, Black Manta worked just fine in the show, so I can't imagine why he couldn't still be in the comics- unless he's dead or something and I don't know about it! I don't follow Aquaman.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

The Elite have always been cool to me, if we're counting not just villains but antiheroes as well. I'm excited to see where they take the "New" Elite in Superman.

I would also say that the League of Assassins is among the best groups of villains in the DCU, if only because of so many different characters from across franchises have been linked to it in some way.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

The Best

The original Legion of Doom(from the Super Friends) is still the best IMO.

Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

"The Light".

If they ever brought a similar themed group into the main DCU comics, I hope the roster goes like

Vandal Savage, Ras al Ghul, Paula von Gunther, Thaddeus Sivana, Slade Wilson, and Lex Luthor.

Hmmm ... still need an Aquaverse rep and a Lanternverse rep to complete the solo franchises, but they have to be pretty much human (long-lived and/or comic book peak human is fine).

Any suggestions?
    Great pick! YOUNG JUSTICE was well done.

Unfortunately,I don't recognize one name for your team-who is Paula Von Gunther?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Great pick! YOUNG JUSTICE was well done.

Unfortunately,I don't recognize one name for your team-who is Paula Von Gunther?
    Thanks!

Paula von Gunther aka the Baroness is a villain from the Wonderverse. She is a Nazi who confronted Wonder Woman many times during the Golden Age and on the 1970s WW tv show starring Lynda Carter.

She has no metahuman powers, other than maybe being long-lived and not aging, which would put her right in with Ras and Vandal.