Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Mighty Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Screaming Citadel

    Any thoughts on this current storyline? It sort of feels a bit like Dark Horse's Vector storyline a little bit, in the sense that it's Star Wars meets some horror elements (although in this case, the action is limited strictly to the OT instead of spread through the different eras like that was), with the characters dealing with a vampiric Queen.


    The Yoda story that ended recently seemed a bit "meh" to me, but this one seems to be a bit more fun, especially with the Aphra/Luke interaction.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  2. #2
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    11,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Yoda story that ended recently seemed a bit "meh" to me, but this one seems to be a bit more fun, especially with the Aphra/Luke interaction.
    Yeah, this one is pretty good. I like the Aphra/Luke team up too. And Checchetto's art is very good.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

  3. #3
    Incredible Member tib2d2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    I liked Vader down, which was the only other crossover so far if memory serves. This one is just ok for me so far. I'm starting to wonder why any of them trust Dr Aphra with anything at this point.

    Have we even got an explanation how Aphra found Luke to begin with at that bar?

  4. #4
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I liked Vader down, which was the only other crossover so far if memory serves. This one is just ok for me so far. I'm starting to wonder why any of them trust Dr Aphra with anything at this point.

    Have we even got an explanation how Aphra found Luke to begin with at that bar?
    Han's "wife" told her because apparently she owes Aphra something.

    This story had a strong start, as I really liked the subtle horror elements but the recent entries have just felt like action set piece, after action set piece which gets boring fast.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    It didn't get any better sadly, I loved the start but it got worse as it went.

  6. #6
    Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    5,014

    Default

    I think Vader Down and the first Vader series set the bar REALLY high. I get that they're trying something different but it's not working very well. It's not bad but it's not good either.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  7. #7
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think Vader Down and the first Vader series set the bar REALLY high. I get that they're trying something different but it's not working very well. It's not bad but it's not good either.
    It could have worked, I liked the horror mood they created in the first part but they lost that moodiness and didn't give us anything to replace it with, and they didn't stick the end either. I mean, we all knew Luke wasn't going to get any serious Jedi training out of this as he was still a relative amateur in Empire before meeting Yoda but it should have been more insightful than it was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •