Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The new canon seems to have streamlined the whole thing with the crystals, and at first I was annoyed, but if they're playing with the idea that they'll corrupt a Jedi Kyber crystal, then that's certainly interesting.
    My Pull List: Ms. Marvel, Champions, & Secret Warriors

They are more than playing with the idea. It's established in two canon sources now.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

Interesting first issue. Liked the opening and the idea behind the Sith lightsabres. Was cool seeing Vader relying purely on his force abilities to take people out too. Grabbed me enough to keep picking it up, so looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I wasn't a fan of this:

- Didn't like the "Red Crystal" explanation: The one where the Sith had to synthetically engineer them because none were available was a far better explanation
    - Vader's Armor is a lightning rod for Force Lightning?: By far the lamest plot twist I read in a long time! Vader got seriously messed up in ROTJ because Luke chopped his hand off and Vader's Wiring was exposed. Anakin is a genius at tech. Upgrading his armor should be a walk in the park for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    - Didn't like the "Red Crystal" explanation: The one where the Sith had to synthetically engineer them because none were available was a far better explanation.
    Why was it better?
    The new version feels much more mystical and Sithy.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

I thought the red crystal explanation was interesting. It certainly not the first time the idea of the force coloring the crystal has been tried.