Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Grayson, #1

Tim Seeley, Tom King, and Mikel Janin give Dick Grayson a whole new world and mission with issue #1 of DC's new series, "Grayson."

Full review here.

This book was surprisingly fun and light and the art really complemented that. Unfortunately, I didn't care for this book halfway through and actually enjoyed the New Suicide Squad more. I can't say I'll be picking this book up again.
    Batman, Batman: Eternal, Green Arrow, Injustice: Year Three, Superman
    All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Inhuman, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, New Avengers, Nova, The Punisher, Thor: God of Thunder, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men

Arrow AgentWingNut: Grayson and the Outsiders

Have Batman and the events of Forever Evil set up Dick Grayson to become the worlds #1 human hero? Has Lex Luther made it possible for human hero's not to need secret identies? Grayson and Wayne share a common tragedy, but does the world know Batman is Bruce Wayne?

Grayson #1....it's the New 52 !!! Awesome !!!

"Grayson and the Outsiders keeping the New 52 Bludhaven safe and always there to help Batman and Gotham!"
    Last edited by AgentWingNut; 07-14-2014 at 07:39 PM.

BANNED

It was an awesome book and is the best BATMAN-related book on the shelves right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    It was an awesome book and is the best BATMAN-related book on the shelves right now.
    I agree with you. At least aside from the main Batman title.

It was good, but its only been one issue, you can't really say its better than entire series. (unless your talking about Teen Titans which anything is better than that)

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It was good, but its only been one issue, you can't really say its better than entire series. (unless your talking about Teen Titans which anything is better than that)
    I hear you but Red Hood and the Outlaws has not been very hard to beat. I'm happy Batgirl is getting a new direction it was very by the numbers in my opinion. The pics for it so far look great.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I hear you but Red Hood and the Outlaws has not been very hard to beat. I'm happy Batgirl is getting a new direction it was very by the numbers in my opinion. The pics for it so far look great.
    Batgirl's new costume bother me, I like it but it looks more like an Elsewhere or year one type costume.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Batgirl's new costume bother me, I like it but it looks more like an Elsewhere or year one type costume.
    It does kind of remind me of the one she wore in All Star Batman costume a little now that you mention it.

I loved Grayson #1. Janin's art was amazing, and I thought Seeley/King kept it righteous. I am fully prepared to spend the big bucks for a new issue every day.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I loved Grayson #1. Janin's art was amazing, and I thought Seeley/King kept it righteous. I am fully prepared to spend the big bucks for a new issue every day.
    I'm with you bro.

I loved all the detail work Janin put into it--that nuclear reactor--holy cow! If Seeley/King keep this up, I'll be a happy camper. I love these guys. BTW, I thought Helena B looked stunningly beautiful, and I loved her prank at the end.

The mere fact that Grayson #1 is sold out, I send a BIG KUDOS to Steely, King and Janin!

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/n...econd-printing

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'm with you as well. It was an excellent issue and I'm looking forward to all the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Fatale View Post
    The mere fact that Grayson #1 is sold out, I send a BIG KUDOS to Steely, King and Janin!

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/n...econd-printing
    Very impressive work all around. I add my kudos to Seeley, King, and Janin. Keep up the good work!
    It was only after Bruce died that I realized what I could do for him....Honor him. Honor what he stood for. Take up the mantle of the Bat. The mantle of my son. Atone for my sins by helping the world. -Thomas Wayne E2 Batman

Never give up without a fight. - Inscription on Zuko's dagger-Avatar: the Last Airbender