Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,017

    Default REVIEW: Grayson, #1

    Tim Seeley, Tom King, and Mikel Janin give Dick Grayson a whole new world and mission with issue #1 of DC's new series, "Grayson."


    Full review here.

  2. #2
    Rookie Member RawrJoey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    67

    Default

    This book was surprisingly fun and light and the art really complemented that. Unfortunately, I didn't care for this book halfway through and actually enjoyed the New Suicide Squad more. I can't say I'll be picking this book up again.

  3. #3

    Arrow AgentWingNut: Grayson and the Outsiders

    Have Batman and the events of Forever Evil set up Dick Grayson to become the worlds #1 human hero? Has Lex Luther made it possible for human hero's not to need secret identies? Grayson and Wayne share a common tragedy, but does the world know Batman is Bruce Wayne?

    Grayson #1....it's the New 52 !!! Awesome !!!

    "Grayson and the Outsiders keeping the New 52 Bludhaven safe and always there to help Batman and Gotham!"
    Last edited by AgentWingNut; 07-14-2014 at 06:39 PM.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    759

    Default

    It was an awesome book and is the best BATMAN-related book on the shelves right now.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    It was an awesome book and is the best BATMAN-related book on the shelves right now.
    I agree with you. At least aside from the main Batman title.

  6. #6
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    It was good, but its only been one issue, you can't really say its better than entire series. (unless your talking about Teen Titans which anything is better than that)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It was good, but its only been one issue, you can't really say its better than entire series. (unless your talking about Teen Titans which anything is better than that)
    I hear you but Red Hood and the Outlaws has not been very hard to beat. I'm happy Batgirl is getting a new direction it was very by the numbers in my opinion. The pics for it so far look great.

  8. #8
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I hear you but Red Hood and the Outlaws has not been very hard to beat. I'm happy Batgirl is getting a new direction it was very by the numbers in my opinion. The pics for it so far look great.
    Batgirl's new costume bother me, I like it but it looks more like an Elsewhere or year one type costume.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Batgirl's new costume bother me, I like it but it looks more like an Elsewhere or year one type costume.
    It does kind of remind me of the one she wore in All Star Batman costume a little now that you mention it.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    I loved Grayson #1. Janin's art was amazing, and I thought Seeley/King kept it righteous. I am fully prepared to spend the big bucks for a new issue every day.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I loved Grayson #1. Janin's art was amazing, and I thought Seeley/King kept it righteous. I am fully prepared to spend the big bucks for a new issue every day.
    I'm with you bro.

  12. #12
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    I loved all the detail work Janin put into it--that nuclear reactor--holy cow! If Seeley/King keep this up, I'll be a happy camper. I love these guys. BTW, I thought Helena B looked stunningly beautiful, and I loved her prank at the end.

  13. #13

    Default

    The mere fact that Grayson #1 is sold out, I send a BIG KUDOS to Steely, King and Janin!

    http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/n...econd-printing

  14. #14
    The Red Hood JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I loved Grayson #1. Janin's art was amazing, and I thought Seeley/King kept it righteous. I am fully prepared to spend the big bucks for a new issue every day.
    I'm with you as well. It was an excellent issue and I'm looking forward to all the rest of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Fatale View Post
    The mere fact that Grayson #1 is sold out, I send a BIG KUDOS to Steely, King and Janin!

    http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/n...econd-printing
    Very impressive work all around. I add my kudos to Seeley, King, and Janin. Keep up the good work!
    PULL LIST: Action, Astro City, BM, BM '66, BM/SM, Black Canary, Catwoman, Cyborg, 'Tec, Doctor Fate, Doomed, E2: Society, Flash, Gotham Academy, GBM, Grayson, GL:LA, HQ, Jiro Kuwata Batmanga, JL, JLA, JL3001, JLU, Midnighter, Omega Men, RH/A, R:SOB, Sensation Comics, Superman, WAR, WW '77 plus Dark Horse, Image and IDW titles. No current Marvel.

    ALSO READING: Omega Men (1980s), X-Men (1980s), New Mutants (1980s), Batman (1940s & 50s,), and Green Lantern Mosaic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •