23. You may not vote on this poll
  • JSA

18 78.26%
  • Legion

1 4.35%
  • Other

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default JSA or Legion: Which Team Will Be Rebirthed First?

I'm really looking forward to both teams having on-going books again, but I have no clue as to which one will get the Rebirth treatment first! As soon as I think I know, they do something to make me think differently!
    Thoughts?

No idea which one will come first (I think they may come out at the same time), but I DO know that I would happily see most of DC's current books cancelled if it meant getting these two books right now.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

My guess: The same month.
    "The definition of all ages is itís not just for little kids." - Greg Goldstein, President of IDW.
    Currently reading: Doom Patrol, Micronauts, ROM.

I was thinking the same month as well at one point, now I'm not so sure!
    Do you think it will be by the end of the year, or closer to the two year mark for Rebirth?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Hopefully whenever Tom King has some extra time on his hands...Long Live the Legion!
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Mighty Member

JSA.

Legion seems to be a dead end with Levitz still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Hopefully whenever Tom King has some extra time on his hands...Long Live the Legion!
    I'm not sure about King. Didn't much care for what I've read of his Batman, but Vision is one of the best comics of the last 20 years. Personally, I wouldn't want him writing my favorite team, mostly because I'm afraid of the tragedy he'd put them through.

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

Hopefully, Levitz won't be involved with the Rebirth Legion. Hell, I hope we move away from Retroboot as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hopefully, Levitz won't be involved with the Rebirth Legion. Hell, I hope we move away from Retroboot as a whole.
    Doubtly. It was Johns who used the retroboot first. But also left a lot of good seeds than it were not used by Levitz.
    I also suppose Johns will bring back both the Legion and the JSA at the same time, as closure of Doomsday Clock. But maybe after Doomsday Clock, another header will be needed.
    #Dr.Wertham would be proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I was thinking the same month as well at one point, now I'm not so sure!
    Do you think it will be by the end of the year, or closer to the two year mark for Rebirth?
    I'm expecting a November or December release, myself.
    "The definition of all ages is itís not just for little kids." - Greg Goldstein, President of IDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The retroboot was the closest to the iconic versions. So, with Rebirth being about bringing back the iconic elements, I would wager it'll be either the retroboot or a new retroboot that erases the last one and still restores the Silver and Bronze Age runs.

Incredible Member

At the same time since they are the most well-known representatives DC's past and DC's future.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    JSA.

Agreed. Makes me wonder if Levitz has dirty pictures of Johns and Didio since DC just won't tell him to pound sand when it comes to the Legion. At this stage, I'd rather see the return of JSA first.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

I love the Legion, but would expect the JSA first, just because it's a much easier property to deal with.

(Actually, I love them both. Any property that by it's setting / timeline is theoretically immune to crossovers and events is right up there on my favorites list!)

My money's on the JSA first.

With Jay's appearance in The Button and stuff going on in other titles it feels like we're moving quicker towards the return of the JSA, versus the Legion which still seems to be on the back-burner with the Saturn Girl plot and Supergirl needing to deal with Emerald Empress and her new Fatal Five.

That being said, I don't think the timing will be all that far apart between the two.