Mighty Member

Default Things you do not want to see in future Star Wars movies...

Things you do not want to see in future movies...
    What kind of things would you like to not happen in future Star Wars movies?

For instance I don't want Disney to make Luke Skywalker a father figure to Rey. Rey already lost a father figure when she watched Han Solo die.

Jar-Jar.Seriously though, I hope that the newer films don't repeat one of the mistakes of the EU and feature two many superweapons. Starkiller was OK, and the Death Star in Rogue One was of course highly relevant to the film's plot....but the old post-ROTJ books kept rolling in weapon after weapon after weapon. Sun Crusher, two new Death Star deriatives (prototype and Darksaber), giant Star Destroyers with Superlasers, World Devestator (Basically somewhat similar to Mega-Maid from Spaceballs, although much smaller) Centerpoint station, etc....and then there's the Vong's stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Jar-Jar.Seriously though, I hope that the newer films don't repeat one of the mistakes of the EU and feature two many superweapons. Starkiller was OK, and the Death Star in Rogue One was of course highly relevant to the film's plot....but the old post-ROTJ books kept rolling in weapon after weapon after weapon. Sun Crusher, two new Death Star deriatives (prototype and Darksaber), giant Star Destroyers with Superlasers, World Devestator (Basically somewhat similar to Mega-Maid from Spaceballs, although much smaller) Centerpoint station, etc....and then there's the Vong's stuff.
    Don't lots of modern real world conflicts hinge around super weapons in the end?

I agree with the variety argument. Variety is good!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

The words 'Written and directed by George Lucas'.

Just joking. The point about the overabundance of galactic super-weapons just lying around is well made. If Episode IX is announced as being called 'Darksaber' then we might as well just give up.

I found TFA too derivative and there's no need for future episodes to be the same. I'm pretty sure a SW film can succeed without playing the nostalgia card. Let future films take more risks.

Probably little danger of it happening now, but I hope all current & future SW production teams find Wookiees making the Tarzan call when they're swinging on vines to be as unfunny and dumb as I do.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Laura, you're Wolverine. If anyone can work out how to punch a virus in the face, it's you." ~Gabby (All-New Wolverine #20)

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Probably little danger of it happening now, but I hope all current & future SW production teams find Wookiees making the Tarzan call when they're swinging on vines to be as unfunny and dumb as I do.
    Here here!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Spectacular Member

nar shaddaa as the real power base of the hutt crime syndicate.

oh and epic space battles featuring more thn x-wings
    ---
    tell jerec, that this jedi, shall soon join the dead

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    nar shaddaa as the real power base of the hutt crime syndicate.
    Confirmed more or less in the comics and TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    oh and epic space battles featuring more thn x-wings
    Seconded.

Mighty Member

Democratic and republican style governments repeatedly collapsing under their own weight and quick corruption schemes. Seriously, it took Plapatine over a decade and a massive Galactic War to turn the Republic into the Empire. It shouldn't be as simple as reacting to some terrorist attacks with a legislation droid.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

My buddy and I started a Podcast! http://franchisewars.madewithopinion...kham-analysis/
    BATMAN: ARKHAM ANALYSIS
    Asylum, City, Origins, Blackgate, and bit of Knight.

All-New Member

Kylo Ren! Pathetic excuse of a sith lord..

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    For instance I don't want Disney to make Luke Skywalker a father figure to Rey. Rey already lost a father figure when she watched Han Solo die.
    I actually don't mind that idea. However, I do not want the "Rey is a reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker" to become true.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemahnic View Post
    Well, at least not the edgy, whinny kid we had in the last one.
    A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker

Siddhartha Gautama.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemahnic View Post
    He is expressly not a Sith Lord. But all Sith Lords are pathetic in their own ways, even Vader.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

I agree about no superweapon. It is overplayed. I would prefer armies.
    “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”
    ― Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

"That's the problem with our opposition – they keep thinking nobody could possibly be as stupid as we are. Fools 'em every time."
    ―Lando Calrissian[src]