Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Naughty Dog isn't the type of studio that pigeon hole themselves into one series. They always move on when they feel like they've been all they could with a series. There's been a few Jak games released after they stopped making them. If Sony wanted to keep that series going they could have.
    They've been doing this series for ten years, I'm not really sure how your statement is even true. There other series they've been doing during it is also the same kind of third person shooter with stealth elements type thing. They've not only pigeonholed themselves into a series, but a pretty specific type of game as well.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly Naughty Dog has an impressive IP of characters to draw from really. Uncharted its rumored is moving onto films next so , that will live on and we will eventually get more there with it as time passes ahead. But given how well Crash sold sales wise as a remaster , I'd say you may see Naughty Dog do something new with it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Incredible Member

No one is going to care about Uncharted as a movie. You take their bad modern day version of Indiana Jones and move it into the realm of film and you've just got a lame version of Indiana Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    No one is going to care about Uncharted as a movie. You take their bad modern day version of Indiana Jones and move it into the realm of film and you've just got a lame version of Indiana Jones.
    Considering how well the game franchise sells , its gonna have more of a hook than that. Its how well its cast that will play a big role in it. Casting "Nathan Drake" and "Sully" are gonna be tough since we have heard the voices of those 2 and how they are portrayed onscreen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Considering how well the game franchise sells , its gonna have more of a hook than that. Its how well its cast that will play a big role in it. Casting "Nathan Drake" and "Sully" are gonna be tough since we have heard the voices of those 2 and how they are portrayed onscreen.
    The hook in the games is playing through big action set pieces, and how well they look for games. This isn't really a thing if turned into a movie. In the realm of movies people will just see it as a Indiana Jones knockoff.

With a franchise like this a film is worth shot, in any case. If done right it could be great and avoid the "crime" of being another film whose main character searches for hidden & ancient treasures while not being named Indiana (or Henry Jones Jr., yeah yeah, I know...).

I'm just relieved Mark Wahlberg is no longer attached to it.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Looks like someone is going to college! And that person and I have something in common; college!" ~Kimmy Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    With a franchise like this a film is worth shot, in any case. If done right it could be great and avoid the "crime" of being another film whose main character searches for hidden & ancient treasures while not being named Indiana (or Henry Jones Jr., yeah yeah, I know...).

Tom Holland is attached now , but fans are saying he looks too young to play Drake. But they likely will start him out as we saw in Golden Abyss. Being in his 20's but we will see. Drake is an explorer so comparisons to Jones will happen. But what will make things change is ...Drake's adventures take place in modern time. With modern enemies. Indy is tied into Nazi's and Communists now. Drake's enemies are a wide ranging as we see from ex-military figures to crime bosses.

The first two games still evoke that a bit, except as relics of past expeditions (The sub in the jungle waterfall, for example). There's definitely quite a few homages spread throughout the series....and 4 is pretty much a more elaborate version of the "Indy-lite" film, The Goonies.

I think Drake's a bit more quippy (like Bond) than Indy as well. Indiana Jones's funny moments were mainly physical or situational comedy. (With a few exceptions, mostly in Crystal Skull).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    They've been doing this series for ten years, I'm not really sure how your statement is even true. There other series they've been doing during it is also the same kind of third person shooter with stealth elements type thing. They've not only pigeonholed themselves into a series, but a pretty specific type of game as well.
    Uncharted was put to sleep for 5 years until they decided to make a fourth game. Lost Legacy is an expansion of the fourth game. The Last of Us will be there focus for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The first two games still evoke that a bit, except as relics of past expeditions (The sub in the jungle waterfall, for example). There's definitely quite a few homages spread throughout the series....and 4 is pretty much a more elaborate version of the "Indy-lite" film, The Goonies.

I think Drake's a bit more quippy (like Bond) than Indy as well. Indiana Jones's funny moments were mainly physical or situational comedy. (With a few exceptions, mostly in Crystal Skull).
    Drake and Indy do have a comparison in situations that can go from bad...to worse comically. So there is that aspect. Plus whoever you get ...has to have that wise guy charm of Nathan Drake. I think the closest actor they could get is.... Bradley Cooper. I mean he literally looks like Drake in ways and has that wise guy charm of him. Nothing against Holland. But when I think Nathan Drake , its not the kid from Spider-Man.

With Tom Holland i think they wanted to do a prequel to the series focusing on Nathan Drake's 20s. Thats an interesting idea but nothing specific happened to Nate in his 20s so its a double edged sword.

I like the idea of them telling new stories rather rethreading old ground.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post

I agree with you on that. I hated that he was attached to the film. He doesn't fit the bill as Drake at all.
    "If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Uncharted was put to sleep for 5 years until they decided to make a fourth game. Lost Legacy is an expansion of the fourth game. The Last of Us will be there focus for the foreseeable future.
    It wasn't "put to sleep". Games take a while to make and they did one thing in-between, two if you want to count remastering that one thing for a release the following year. "Put to sleep" makes it sound like a new Uncharted didn't arrive within the timetable one would imagine given the one game between Unchained 3 & 4, and the change over to new systems.

Lost Legacy isn't an expansion, it's a stand alone spinoff game. I don't even think it really has anything to do with a game.

I've always thought that Brett Dalton (Ward/Hive in SHIELD) bore a resemblance in both appearance and voice to Nathan Drake. Although apparentally Drake was originally based on Johnny Knoxville....which I don't really see at all....and of course he does bear a resemblance to his VA/Mo-cap guy, Nolan North.

As for UC4 taking a while, I think ND tends to focus a lot on polishing one game at a time-and certainly LAST OF US was released in the interim (and part of the reason 2's taking a while is probably because of UC4 and UCLL). Plus the series lost it's chief screenwriter and director Amy Hennig to EA.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

They could do a lot worse than Brett Dalton. He does a great charming asshole.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner