Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

How does Jason exist if he was part of 'the lies?' Grail too, for that netter. They JUST uncomplicated this BS, and now we're going right back?

Are we being led into another run where the new team didn't bother reading the previous run?
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-19-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Are we being led into another run where the new team didn't bother reading the previous run?
    Seconded. I'll be sitting this run out. See you all in 2018.

mmmmmmmuhhhh I'm trying to keep positive here...

Robinson's recent Scarlet Witch run was not bad. Nothing groundbreaking, but it was still a decent enough comic.

But this is still the guy directly responsible for this bloody book and now he's been given the reigns on Wonder Woman, writing about Diana's 5428th Secret Bloody Brother. There's...a lot going against him, here.

I'd really rather that Diana's relationship with her existing family like Donna and Cassie are reexamined, but Abnett's mucking up Donna pretty well and good over in Titans and at this point I'm pretty sure we're not gonna see Cassie again until the eventual Young Justice reboot. So if we really have to do this Jason thing, then might as well yank that bandaid off as quick as we can and be done with it.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Robinson is hit or miss, but he has STARMAN to his name and Earth-2 showed a lot of promise before his run was criminally cut short (one of the worst mistakes of the New 52). If Giganta's presence is any indication, we will hopefully be getting some rogue revamps at least. Sign me up.

How does Jason exist if he was part of 'the lies?' Grail too, for that netter. They JUST uncomplicated this BS, and now we're going right back?

Jason was never established as a lie in Rucka's run though, and for that matter the specifics of Diana's birth have yet to be clarified. The storyline that introduced Grail and her mother ended with Diana being told that there were lies about Paradise Island that she needed to investigate.

The major lie to be revealed is that Themyscira is not like how it was depicted in the New 52. Otherwise, it's fair game.

Incredible Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm calling it now, I think the concept of Jason is going to end up a successful addition to the Wonder Woman mythos.
    I think both Grail and Jason will be successful. I'm hopeful about these two characters. It seems like both Supes(barely) and Bats had credible things the past years. This could turn out bad but I'm looking foward to these plot lines.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Robinson is hit or miss, but he has STARMAN to his name and Earth-2 showed a lot of promise before his run was criminally cut short (one of the worst mistakes of the New 52). If Giganta's presence is any indication, we will hopefully be getting some rogue revamps at least. Sign me up.

Jason was never established as a lie in Rucka's run though, and for that matter the specifics of Diana's birth have yet to be clarified. The storyline that introduced Grail and her mother ended with Diana being told that there were lies about Paradise Island that she needed to investigate.

The major lie to be revealed is that Themyscira is not like how it was depicted in the New 52. Otherwise, it's fair game.
    Disagree. What I read was the whole fake PI Blonde Hippolyta Nastyzons etc was a lie, including the affair with Zeus, the live birth, and Jason.

I wouldn't mind it either, at all, if it made any sense at this point. Ugh.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think both Grail and Jason will be successful. I'm hopeful about these two characters. It seems like both Supes(barely) and Bats had credible things the past years. This could turn out bad but I'm looking foward to these plot lines.
    Agreed. We don't know anything about the story and people seem very dismissive about it. Kind of glad we are treading new waters now since Rucka's run has been a bore fest.

Disagree. What I read was the whole fake PI Blonde Hippolyta Nastyzons etc was a lie, including the affair with Zeus, the live birth, and Jason.

I'm forgetting, but did Rucka directly say in the rebirth run that Diana had a clay origin? I honestly can't remember. Also, couldn't Jason have been made of clay as well if so?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm forgetting, but did Rucka directly say in the rebirth run that Diana had a clay origin? I honestly can't remember. Also, couldn't Jason have been made of clay as well if so?
    No, he didn't. He specifically avoided the issue, probably because the movie used the Zeus-daddy origins.
    Also visit my blog where I expose Wonder Woman for the criminal she is!

How come these anonymous sources failed to report Zack Snyder had left post-production on Justice League? They seem to know everything now...

Actually, Blonde Hippolyta and those Amazons had to exist, we just don't know where they went. The lie meant for Diana, but forever reason, it was so powerful that Steven, Batman, The Justice League, Deathstroke, have all been on The "Fake" island, and interacted with those Amazons.

I'm starting to think Jason is the son of Blonde Hippolyte, that she had to spirit away from the island to protect him so he wouldn't end up like the other boys.

Blonde Hippolyta had a baby boy.
    Brunette Hippolyte had a baby girl.

Now how they are going to merge the two is anybody's guess.
    Richard Alexander

The only thing we know for sure was that the misandrist Amazons from the New 52 don't exist, and Diana was the only child on the island. Even in Darkseid War, where New 52 Hippolyta was shown, Perez era things were creeping in (Diana being the only child, Menalippe and Penelope being present, etc.). Nothing else has been clarified either way.

We know people can leave the island, they just can't get back. Jason can still have been born and be out in the world with the foundation Rucka left, same with Grail and her mother leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    mmmmmmmuhhhh I'm trying to keep positive here...

Robinson's recent Scarlet Witch run was not bad. Nothing groundbreaking, but it was still a decent enough comic.

But this is still the guy directly responsible for this bloody book and now he's been given the reigns on Wonder Woman, writing about Diana's 5428th Secret Bloody Brother. There's...a lot going against him, here.

I'd really rather that Diana's relationship with her existing family like Donna and Cassie are reexamined, but Abnett's mucking up Donna pretty well and good over in Titans and at this point I'm pretty sure we're not gonna see Cassie again until the eventual Young Justice reboot. So if we really have to do this Jason thing, then might as well yank that bandaid off as quick as we can and be done with it.
    I know a lot of people hold Cry for Justice against Robinson, with good reason, but I think that's just an uncharacteristic blemish (albeit a big one) on a writer's generally solid and consistent career.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know a lot of people hold Cry for Justice against Robinson, with good reason, but I think that's just an uncharacteristic blemish (albeit a big one) on a writer's generally solid and consistent career.
    Some of that had to be editorially mandated, right?

Nothing could be that bad without it being either deliberate on his part, or something he was forced to do.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Robinson is willing to do more DC work, given he's even working with DC to begin with, he's shot up the list as far as possible writers for JSA Rebirth in my opinion.
    From you mouth to the Mighty Odin's ears!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Some of that had to be editorially mandated, right?

Nothing could be that bad without it being either deliberate on his part, or something he was forced to do.
    This. I'm not giving Robinson excuses here but I do remember hearing that cry for justice was editorially mandated at the time.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369