Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 233
  1. #166
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,427

    Default

    Honestly, I'm with those who aren't too jazzed to have Peter back in association with the Bugle yet again. It just feels like he's grown beyond it. Sure the Bugle will always be a part of his history but, like the progress of them having Peter graduate from High School and then College, it's a point in his life that he should have grown past. While I did find the whole CEO angle to be pushing it, the Bugle is scaling it back too far IMO. Personally, I found that Peter was perfectly placed back when he was working at Horizon Labs as his aptitude for science could be used to its full potential. If they really had to return him essentially to basics of street level, I find it would've been great if it had been in the form of something of a startup kind of project with Peter creating Parker Labs where he could continue helping people with scientific developments but on a smaller scale.

    I just find it's ridiculous that Tony Stark can fall from the heights of his company to the gutter and still rise back up but when Peter falls, they just push him back 20 steps and keep him there.

  2. #167
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Yeah...I think this Bugle thing is only temporary and at the end of it Peter will give The Bugle back to Jonah or hand it over to Robbie. After that Peter will probably return to science in some way.

  3. #168
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I just find it's ridiculous that Tony Stark can fall from the heights of his company to the gutter and still rise back up but when Peter falls, they just push him back 20 steps and keep him there.
    Tony Stark is a more savvy businessman than Peter Parker. Parker Industries' existence and much of its financial success was secretly down to Otto Octavius pulling the strings.

  4. #169
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,308

    Default

    I wonder if this "back-to-basics" status quo and being reader-friendly for people coming straight from Spider-man: Homecoming means that this will be the book here we see Vulture's proper revamp?

    Liz might be one of those "old friends" as well.

    Maybe Mary Jane too, but I'm not getting my hopes up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, I'm with those who aren't too jazzed to have Peter back in association with the Bugle yet again. It just feels like he's grown beyond it. Sure the Bugle will always be a part of his history but, like the progress of them having Peter graduate from High School and then College, it's a point in his life that he should have grown past. While I did find the whole CEO angle to be pushing it, the Bugle is scaling it back too far IMO. Personally, I found that Peter was perfectly placed back when he was working at Horizon Labs as his aptitude for science could be used to its full potential. If they really had to return him essentially to basics of street level, I find it would've been great if it had been in the form of something of a startup kind of project with Peter creating Parker Labs where he could continue helping people with scientific developments but on a smaller scale.

    I just find it's ridiculous that Tony Stark can fall from the heights of his company to the gutter and still rise back up but when Peter falls, they just push him back 20 steps and keep him there.
    Eh, the Bugle is such a major part of Spider-Man, along with the cast there, that I feel like we're due a return to form by bringing it back to prominence.

    Especially after how much it's fallen by the wayside in the past decade or so.

  5. #170
    Little Miss Mary LOSTie-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lurking, always
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Because I can't resist making wild speculations (which will no doubt prove 100% wrong)

    If Peter Parker isn't returning to the Daily Bugle as a photographer, then I suspect he's returning to the Daily Bugle...as it's new publisher and editor. In other words, he'll have J. Jonah Jameson's old job. And to make the role reversal even more complete, he'll rehire Jonah as a reporter. Which means Jonah will now work for him.
    That's what I was thinking too.
    Though my idea would be to have Jonah as a rival publisher and whenever a story comes out Pete's Bugle and Jonah's company have vastly different takes on it.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

  6. #171
    Incredible Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    I am UnknownEntity and I support and approve this statement.
    Same here.

  7. #172
    Incredible Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So does this mean Spidey can be off The Avengers now ?
    Ok, I really need to know, why is it so bad that he be an Avenger? Can somebody please explain this to me?

  8. #173
    Incredible Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Here's hoping that this is fake news, because Peter has been disrespected so much in recent times that I can't handle it happening again.
    It's happening, No more PI and he will return to the Bugle for some reason to do who knows that doesn't involved taking pictures and do who knows what according to the preview for ML issue because apparently Slott thinks it will be bringing him back to his roots...why am not finding comforting at all?

  9. #174
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Ok, I really need to know, why is it so bad that he be an Avenger? Can somebody please explain this to me?
    Traditionally Spider-Man has been a local New York super-hero, an underdog and distrusted by the public. Traditionally, the Avengers have been Earth's Mightiest Heroes, admired and respected by the world.

  10. #175
    Astonishing Member Tuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Traditionally Spider-Man has been a local New York super-hero, an underdog and distrusted by the public. Traditionally, the Avengers have been Earth's Mightiest Heroes, admired and respected by the world.
    There's also the fact that Peter sees Spider-Man as something of a burden.

    The logical choice for him would be reserve status. He'll be there if he's needed, but otherwise he needs his precious free minutes to keep his personal life from falling apart.

  11. #176
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Ok, I really need to know, why is it so bad that he be an Avenger? Can somebody please explain this to me?
    Because he adds nothing to the team other then comedy relief and is hardly ever utilized well when he's on an Avengers team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Traditionally Spider-Man has been a local New York super-hero, an underdog and distrusted by the public. Traditionally, the Avengers have been Earth's Mightiest Heroes, admired and respected by the world.
    This too .

    I just don't think of Peter as a "team" guy.

  12. #177
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because he adds nothing to the team other then comedy relief and is hardly ever utilized well when he's on an Avengers team.


    This too .

    I just don't think of Peter as a "team" guy.
    My only issue with Spider-Man being on a team is that the other members don't always treat him respectfully. In fact, they often treat him as a young amateur (which he is not and has not been for a long time).

  13. #178
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Traditionally Spider-Man has been a local New York super-hero, an underdog and distrusted by the public. Traditionally, the Avengers have been Earth's Mightiest Heroes, admired and respected by the world.
    Honestly, I've always hated this mentality of why Peter shouldn't be an Avenger. It basically tries to place him in amber so that he always remains within the same status. Spider-Man may have been the underdog but over the years he's risen from just being distrusted by the public to a loved and admired hero within New York. While there may come plot beats that bring back some distrust, he's not the same as he had been way back.

  14. #179
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, I've always hated this mentality of why Peter shouldn't be an Avenger. It basically tries to place him in amber so that he always remains within the same status. Spider-Man may have been the underdog but over the years he's risen from just being distrusted by the public to a loved and admired hero within New York. While there may come plot beats that bring back some distrust, he's not the same as he had been way back.
    I mean, I'm tired of Spidey getting no respect from the hero community (there's no salvaging the general populace of New York at this point), but there's very little about his tenure in The Avengers that makes me think it's a vital or important element of the character at this point.

    Does he deserve it? Yes. Has he been handled well in the role? Not really.

    I mean, there have been a scattered few moments or friendships that have formed because of it that were nice, but we got that out of Marvel Team-Up too.

  15. #180
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Yeah...I've never liked seeing Spidey on a Team...he works best IMO on his own at street level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •