Super Moderator

Default Palmiotti Dishes on Geriatric Cyborgs, the Joker and "Harley Quinn"

Jimmy Palmiotti hints at what to expect from Harley Quinn's "Futures End" reunion with the Joker, her expanding supporting cast and more.

Full article here.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Well this article confirms it! We got a Harley Quinn annual coming and possibly more specials as well! Yay!

Also, why doesn't anyone talk about the Harley Quinn series around here? It's awesome and deserves more love!

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Well this article confirms it! We got a Harley Quinn annual coming and possibly more specials as well! Yay!

Also, why doesn't anyone talk about the Harley Quinn series around here? It's awesome and deserves more love!
    Agreed! This is a series I don't mind double shipping once in a while!

yep, it's my favorite DC monthly right now...I think a lot of people can't get over nuHarley but, somewhat questionable costume choices aside, I absolutely adore her. I love that they're writing her as evolved past letting the Joker push her around. she might be nuts, but she's at least a strong female now and gets to be her own brand of nuts.

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    yep, it's my favorite DC monthly right now...I think a lot of people can't get over nuHarley but, somewhat questionable costume choices aside, I absolutely adore her. I love that they're writing her as evolved past letting the Joker push her around. she might be nuts, but she's at least a strong female now and gets to be her own brand of nuts.
    That's what's more important!
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

Its a fun title
    I agree with Palmiotti about how easy it is to write Harley as a psycho killer just like the Joker is now. DC gets by with that and obviously it sells for the Joker but with Harley you'll be bored seeing her kill people indiscriminately so you have to add humor every once in a while.

For me, Palmiotti + DC = a fun comic.

‘Nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Its a fun title
    I agree with Palmiotti about how easy it is to write Harley as a psycho killer just like the Joker is now. DC gets by with that and obviously it sells for the Joker but with Harley you'll be bored seeing her kill people indiscriminately so you have to add humor every once in a while.
    Which is why I just straight up pretend the Villains Month Harley Quinn issue didn't even happen lol.

Boing Boing Baggies. Bat_Baggie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Which is why I just straight up pretend the Villains Month Harley Quinn issue didn't even happen lol.
    What happened in that issue? I didn't get a chance to read it since my LCS ran out before I got there.

The villains month was incredibly hit or miss.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

From what I recall, she put explosives in handheld games consoles and gave them free to children then sat back and watched the bombs go off across the city. It's been a long while since I read it.
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Boing Boing Baggies. Bat_Baggie's Avatar

Wow, that's messed up.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.