Super Moderator

Default Valiant's "Archer & Armstrong" Heads to Film

A new report states that "Archer & Armstrong" is set for a film adaptation based on the modern Valiant Entertainment series by Fred Van Lente.

Full article here.

This is fantastic news! Archer & Armstrong is an epic read and the backbone of the Valiant Universe. Can't wait to see how it translates on the big screen!

Woah, awesome! Interesting in seeing who they cast here. Don't say Jeff Bridges!

Logically A&A is the best film for Valiant to make first, their story basically kickstarts the VU.
    SPIDERMAN 2099* STORM* UNITY* ARMOR HUNTERS* TRANSFORMERS RID* NEW SUICIDE SQUAD

this is effing unbelievable, but in a way to paraphrase the TV show "Archer", I literally dont believe it. the rights to Bloodshot were purchased what, like three years ago at the beginning of the Valiant revival? and nothing has come of that.

A&A is by far my favorite book on the stands, and I'm saying this as a guy who reads Valiant, Marvel, DC, Image, Boom, Dynamite, Icon and Vertigo books every month. I actually dont want Valiant books to be translated to film; watching the effect that Marvel/DC movies have on publishing is very upsetting. Valiant is by far the best comic universe right now, and I dont want anything fucking that up. the "quaint"/non-bombastic structure of the Valiant U is pretty much one of it's biggest selling points.

Moreover, how much of this will trickle down to my personal hero FVL or even the actual original creator of A&A, the legend Barry Windsor-Smith?

If the proverbial "they" want the Valiant movies to do well, they gotta make them scaled down like crazy; they cant be blockbusters summer tentpole style movies. they'd be real smart to get Warren Simmons and Dinesh Samdashani and both OG Valiant and revival creators involved. I fear the worst already

Woah, chill. Companies buy up rights to stuff all the time, sometimes just to keep it out of the hands of rivals. Yeah, the projects languish and sometimes nothing comes from them...except when you sell a property to Hollywood, you make money.

I don't care if none of these films come to light if these cash injections are helping Valiant, even if its just in the short term (obv a successful film campaign would net them more, but you see what I'm saying. Maybe).

I figured this would happen once Valiant came back.

I have a hard time getting excited for these movie deal stories until projects actually get green lit.
    But heres hoping something does come of it.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this project. On the one hand, I'm a huge Archer & Armstrong fan and I'd love to see Van Lente's stories told out on the big screen. On the other hand... I've seen the way other comic book movies have gone, and it's entirely possible that it'll be shelved or turned into something unrecognizable... I'll save my excitement (or tears) for when/if it ever comes out with a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    Woah, chill. Companies buy up rights to stuff all the time, sometimes just to keep it out of the hands of rivals. Yeah, the projects languish and sometimes nothing comes from them...except when you sell a property to Hollywood, you make money.

I don't care if none of these films come to light if these cash injections are helping Valiant, even if its just in the short term (obv a successful film campaign would net them more, but you see what I'm saying. Maybe).
    I agree with this. I love the idea of Hollywood cash propping up the comics and ensuring they continue coming. The comics have generally been great to excellent, and are both superhero comics and "smaller press" comics done right.

Yes It's nice to see the indie books get attention to.

I don't know about the other folks but I'm happy that other comics outside of Marvel/DC is getting a chance to shine in the big screen