Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Co-Star Lucy Griffiths Off "Constantine"

Lucy Griffiths, who plays "Liz" in the "Constantine" pilot, is off the show, and the character will be replaced by one from the comics.

Full article here.

Whoah. I didn't think she was terrible, just really boring. Don't know if that was the actress' fault or the writer's. Does this mean the pilot that was leaked isn't going to be broadcast?

Ooh...tough break. She was a definite weak link in the pilot though. Hope they can make Zed more compelling and less a damsel in distress.

I liked her. She reminded me of Winnona Ryder from her Sleepy Hollow days. Yeah they either need to reshoot the pilot or something cause she was kinda a main plot device.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I liked her. She reminded me of Winnona Ryder from her Sleepy Hollow days. Yeah they either need to reshoot the pilot or something cause she was kinda a main plot device.
    It will be interesting to see just how much they wind up having to scrap.

BANNED

Wow, this may affect the show own fall premiere if they have to redo the whole thing.

Yeah like what the others said, she is a very important plot device. This means everything in the story has to change over the course of the show.

Too bad for the actress, but I think NBC made the right call. She was dull in the pilot, both acting and character wise.

Quote Originally Posted by RCQ21 View Post
    Yeah like what the others said, she is a very important plot device. This means everything in the story has to change over the course of the show.
    Wow. Did not see that coming.

I wonder if the "different direction" they're going means that they're going to move closer towards the source material instead of trying to do a supernatural Doctor Who.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Yeah she was too wimpy and damsel in distress-y for me.

So happy about this news. I wasn't going to be watching the show after really not liking the pilot (particularly her). I will definitely give it another chance.

Cap' Jim we will miss you Power Torch's Avatar

If they think it will help the show, then alright. I am sad we will never get to see Liz, but if it will help the show be better then I am for it.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood, Charmed. Archie: The Shield(Coming 2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by NateDizzy View Post
    Whoah. I didn't think she was terrible, just really boring. Don't know if that was the actress' fault or the writer's. Does this mean the pilot that was leaked isn't going to be broadcast?
    No, the pilot episode will play out exactly as is. What they will do is write her out of the show and introduce Zed. I'm not sure how many episode she will get but they are not re-shooting, just reworking the show.

Good Riddance to bad Rubbish.

I'm out. I've never been a huge fan of Constantine as a character (in that I've just never read much with him in, not that I actively dislike the character), so I wasn't initially planning on watching this show, given that it basically just looked like a Supernatural rehash (and that's already gone on about 5 years too long).

However, Griffiths was the one thing I would have tuned in for, simply cos I remembered/liked her from her Hood days. With that hook gone, there's nothing to see here. Plus, whatever way you look at it, it's a pretty arsey thing to do to someone, suddenly deciding at the last minute "Actually no, we've decided we're gonna do something completely different. See ya!"