Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Superman in Justice League Action Appreciation!

Superman in Justice League Action is the best Superman ever in animation. Superman fans who may be not watching the show due to the Clark and Diana relationship are doing themselves a huge disservice. Not much Clark Kent going on, but a lot of SUPERMAN stuff. Smart, fast, confident, competent, victorious. Cocky but has the stuff to back it up.

Battle for the Bottled City
    SPOILERS!spoilers:
    Super-robots, Kandor, smart enough to pack a jetpack, final fight badass even miniaturised.
    end of spoilers

Repulse!
    SPOILERS!spoilers:
    Smart use of heatvision after the 1st attack, knows what to do to get rid of the infection.
    end of spoilers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-3Pn80ybSU&t=59s

Galaxy Jest
    SPOILERS!spoilers:
    One of the best epis. Takes on Mongul, disables ship, scares off Mongul's hordes, almost silver-age like final 'Superdick' victory.
    end of spoilers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7YwIrGPDzU

Great episodes:Power Outage, Follow That Space Cab, Galaxy Jest, Under a Red Sun, Repulse!, Luthor in Paradise, Rage of the Red Lanterns, Battle for the Bottled City.
    It's called... "Champion of the oppressed."

For SuperWonder fans.

Here's something great about this show: There's a lot of what we discussed, hoped for and were expecting here.

In the Power Outage episode, when the monster absorbs Parasite and attacks, Clark takes care of the colapsing building and Diana goes fighting. I know that not many Supes fans agree with Supes being more the 'Fireman' while Wondy is the 'PoliceWoman'. But it works beautifully here:

A bit later in the fight, Clark confers with Diana for strategy. And she has the solution. Showing the respect he has for her in this area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEINF0VnQKw

In the 'Lex in Paradise' Episode, Clark asks Diana about the mythology, magical aspects of the problem they're dealing with. Again, showing the strenghts of each character. There's no disrespect for Supes here. He doesn't need to know everything, and is shown as curious, investigative, knowing to ask the right questions. Althought they help her, Diana is clearly the leader in the magical dimension they go to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phE2hPJfZoU

In the 'Red Lanterns' episode, it's Clark who has more information about Space Based baddies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_mdVbXJbe0

I know that many of Supes fans don't agree with this. I know that many are worried about his 'alphaness'. And after BvS, I see their point.

The thing is that when I saw the scene with Diana offering to train Clark in the SMWW books, it seemed a heartfelt, sincere effort from Soule to evolve the character. And I know that it was, from his part. Unfortunately, it probably wasn't from the editorial. It just left things hanging and we didn't see this evolve in their relationship.

This show, however, maybe I'm seeing too much, but it's almost like they are showing what we expected to see, them teaching and learning to and from each other. Did anyone else see this?

I only know that it's almost perfect to me, and a miracle given the short 12 minutes each episode has.

I hope we get to see this version of Superman play off Lois at some point, particularly given we've seen Jimmy in an earlier episode as well .

It would also be cool to see him get a proper fight with Zod at some point, given he missed out on that on "Field Trip." It would also be Jason J. Lewis vs. Jason J. Lewis (which we'll probably get in the Bizarro episode as well) .

I'm also curious to see what they do with Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we get to see this version of Superman play off Lois at some point, particularly given we've seen Jimmy in an earlier episode as well .

It would also be cool to see him get a proper fight with Zod at some point, given he missed out on that on "Field Trip." It would also be Jason J. Lewis vs. Jason J. Lewis (which we'll probably get in the Bizarro episode as well) .

I'm also curious to see what they do with Supergirl.
    [praying emoticon] Let us Diana and Kal fans keep our pairing in this show, I'm begging you.[prays to DC gods who may be listening]

The bolded: Yeah, I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't seen the credits. Never paid much attention to voice actors before, crazy talent to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    [praying emoticon] Let us Diana and Kal fans keep our pairing here, I'm begging you.
    I respect your enjoyment of that relationship, and I thought "Repulse" was cute, but I still want to see Lois and Steve Trevor turn up .

THe bolded: Yeah, I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't seen the credits. Never paid much attention to voice actors before, crazy talent to do that.
    And he's also going to be voicing the Super Pets .

I respect your enjoyment of that relationship, and I thought "Repulse" was cute, but I still want to see Lois and Steve Trevor turn up .
    I guess it's more realistic to hope that things just stay flirty.

And he's also going to be voicing the Super Pets .
    That I want to see. And if he's still working on the show it's a good sign it's continuing.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 06-26-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Wait, so this isn't already cancelled, that's good news. I thought it was already tossed

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Wait, so this isn't already cancelled, that's good news. I thought it was already tossed
    I don't think anything has been confirmed. It's been some time since I last visited the crew's twitter accounts.

Just remembered that J. Lewis already voiced Dextarr in 'Rage of the Red Lanterns'.

Under a Red Sun.

There has been no official announcement for the show's renewal. That doesn't necessarily mean that the show was canceled, but it could also mean that there are no plans to renew it. We shall see. A lot of good DC shows got canned long before they jumped the shark, so unfortunately the precedent is there that a show just hitting its stride is in danger of being terminated.

This is an entertaining Superman. I've got few complaints, unlike what I can say about other animated versions of the character.

Good cop, Bat cop. Great comedy!

Astonishing Member

Amen to that.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    There has been no official announcement for the show's renewal. That doesn't necessarily mean that the show was canceled, but it could also mean that there are no plans to renew it. We shall see. A lot of good DC shows got canned long before they jumped the shark, so unfortunately the precedent is there that a show just hitting its stride is in danger of being terminated.

This is an entertaining Superman. I've got few complaints, unlike what I can say about other animated versions of the character.
    Honestly, I think that this show is entertaining, but either give it a 30 minute run time or can it. The fact that its only 11 minutes is a major drawback.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 07-09-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

This Superman is great. Its also rather refreshing that the main focus is on him as Superman, like it is with all the heroes. There's not much of a "human" element to it and the supporting characters don't feature much, and for this type of set up I think its great. Just unabashed superheroics with a comedic spin.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.