Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Well Jon fans are just going to have to wait. This isn't the series for it. The idea that things other fans may enjoy have to be dropped for something you guys want reeks of entitlement.

And synergy is a dumb reason to do anything. One of the appeals of these characters in the first place is different takes on them, not to mention the idea that synergy is necessary insinuates that the average viewer is a complete moron.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-11-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well Jon fans are just going to have to wait. This isn't the series for it.
    So you say, but I can think of a good few scenarios where he could be added, it'd make for a good story, and it's something fans would want, as evident by all the twitter harassment the producers got after Repulse to end Clark/Diana and focus on the more iconic elements.

And synergy is a dumb reason to do anything. One of the appeals of these characters in the first place is different takes on them, not to mention the idea that synergy is necessary insinuates that the average viewer is a complete moron.
    You dare to question the ''ethics'' of PT Barnum?

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

In the realm of comic book characters, absolutely. Doing different things with different incarnations is so ingrained at this point that it would be part of an American Superhero Bible if there was one. In fact it makes more sense today than ever before to go in as many different directions as they want in any number of media, because more than ever your general audience understands this phenomenon thanks in most part to the movie success Marvel started, which introduced an average viewer to the idea of "other incarnations". This is how I can be both a fan of Lois and Clark, SM/WW, and Movie-verse WW/Steve all at the same time.

Jon will show up eventually, somewhere. He doesn't have to be used as a tool and an excuse though to tear down something being enjoyed by others elsewhere. AndI don't put much stock into the Twitter thing. People who don't like things are much louder than the ones that are approving. We all know that as we've all been on both sides of the spectrum at some point or another. Not to mention I've seen tons of rebuttals to the same harassment from people who loved Repulse. Its your usual geekdom war.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-11-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So you say, but I can think of a good few scenarios where he could be added, it'd make for a good story, and it's something fans would want, as evident by all the twitter harassment the producers got after Repulse to end Clark/Diana and focus on the more iconic elements.

Any scans of this?
    OOOHHHHHH!! - Joe Rogan

A reminder - this is an Appreciation thread, so let's get back on track and back to the Appreciatin'
    Gaelforce
    Superman/Wonder Woman/TV Film Forum Moderator
    Keeper of the Watering Can

Superman's good portrayal began from the start and to see this was great. It's Icing on the cake for people like me he just happened to be romantically linked to Diana and they have a very cute dynamic. There is such an innocence and cleverness to the show and seems to have the approval of many fans and critics. It's a great way for kids to be introduced to Superman.

The actor Jason Lewis versatility is shown in many different episodes. He can be clever, cocky, resourceful, conscientious or just humble and adorkable. In my opinion one of the most well rounded Supermen versions be it live or animation.

I hope they get a second season.

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Any scans of this?
    You don't miss anything, they were the same kind of comments you've read in this forum.
    The episode had positive feedbacks, only 3 people harassed the producer, writer and voice actors using the sexism card and playing the victims for being deprived of their ship (Clois).
    The same people complained to Jean Paul Gaultier's twitter for his SM/WW perfume too.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-11-2017 at 10:45 PM.

A few of Wondy's best moments:

It's called... "Champion of the oppressed."

Power Outage. This scene is like the pre-crisis scans I've been seeing where Clark was an awesome, laid back, friendly leader who had confidence in the skills of his friends, instead of stealing their spotlight all the time... (sorry, I had to go there :^p)

After the 1st fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV4MjZ3gL5Q&t=34s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEINF0VnQKw

'subtitles' are mine.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 07-11-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Love JL:A Wondy's hair.

Love it too. These scans give us a very good look at how awesome she looks. :^p

I wish if the show continues we get scenes with Diana training Clark. With the show's tone it wouldn't worry Supes fans too much about his alphaness(I include myself there but for other pointy eared reasons). It would be cool if it was revealed that Supes proeficiency in fighting is due (in part) for training with Diana.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4501296.html

A scene like this would be perfect for the cartoon, they wouldn't even need to change it too much! :^p

^^^ They could do a sparring scene between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ^^^ They could do a sparring scene between the two.
    YUP!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    You don't miss anything, they were the same kind of comments you've read in this forum.
    The episode had positive feedbacks, only 3 people harassed the producer, writer and voice actors using the sexism card and playing the victims for being deprived of their ship (Clois)
    There were more than three but whatever. The point stands they caved in and hinted there might be something more interesting down the pipeline with iconic elements, not this forced meme.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I wish if the show continues we get scenes with Diana training Clark. With the show's tone it wouldn't worry Supes fans too much about his alphaness(I include myself there but for other pointy eared reasons). It would be cool if it was revealed that Supes proeficiency in fighting is due (in part) for training with Diana.
    I'm sure she'd find it ''easy''...
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-12-2017 at 01:08 AM.