View Poll Results: Which X-Couple improved each other the most by being together?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean & Moira

    19 9.79%
  • Nathan & Neena

    1 0.52%
  • Scott & Jean

    51 26.29%
  • Remy & Anna Marie

    21 10.82%
  • Forge & Ororo

    3 1.55%
  • Betsy & Warren

    11 5.67%
  • Lorna & Alex

    0 0%
  • Rictor & Shatterstar

    18 9.28%
  • Emma & Scott

    55 28.35%
  • Kitty & Peter

    5 2.58%
  • Alison & Longshot

    1 0.52%
  • Amanda & Kurt

    0 0%
  • Meggan & Brian

    4 2.06%
  • Layla & Jamie

    5 2.58%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 254
  1. #226
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    What Jean felt for Logan had long ago gotten well beyond purely sexual attraction...
    Whatever she felt it didn't stand a snow ball's chance in hell against what she felt for SCott. At least when I was reading.

  2. #227
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Whatever she felt it didn't stand a snow ball's chance in hell against what she felt for SCott. At least when I was reading.
    That's what we all read. And what Logan acknowledged as well.

  3. #228
    Fantastic Member CuteClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Same thing for Jean and Logan, but somehow when Logan kisses Jean she's an evil tramp who cheated on poor Scott.
    Listen, that's exactly what I mean. Everyone says that Emma cheated on Scott with Namor. Even Scott himself said. But the only innocent one was Jean? Yet again, hypocrisy is exceeding all bounds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    She went to Logan one time and that was still all about Scott. The other times that they kissed Logan kissed Jean. Jean's never sought out Logan and has never slept with him and cheated on Scott.
    Oh, in fact, Scott never really slept with Emma. Scott never cheated on Jean. There was no physical touch. but somehow he's a son of a b**** who cheated on poor Jean.

  4. #229
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    She went to Logan one time and that was still all about Scott. The other times that they kissed Logan kissed Jean. Jean's never sought out Logan and has never slept with him and cheated on Scott.
    I'd say XTINCTION AGENDA is on Jean too. I don't mean all on her. I mean as I saw it as mutual. Now how hot it was consider that LOgan is lying there half dead. Agree completely with the first line. The Morrison issue scene is all about Scott. It's about the pain Jean is in. She has been shut out emotionally and physically for I believe it was 5 months.

    IF you are going to insist on doing Jean/Logan, I found that issue done as palatably as you are going to do it for me. If you want to break them up, that's how it should have been done. Scott has come back as a completely different person. This issue's Jean is ever bit in love with SCott as she has ever been, but he's come back a completely different person. So they don't work anymore. Stick with that. Morrison didn't as the series progressed. Then you get this nonsensical retroactive deconstruction of the relationship. And that is simply not workable,
    Stick with the NXM 117 approach to break them up, I still might hate it, but I could objectively concede it as plausible.

    I haven't looked at the results since I first posted in this thread. Just looked again. The results are the results. Whatever I think, looks like a whole bunch of other buy Scott/Emma. To each his own.

    Just saw the post about SCott not physically cheating. He had an ongoing psychic affair with a world class telepath in the Marvel Universe. Someone who can make it essentially the same thing. Charles Xavier was crippled the second time from a fight on the astral plane. This isn't SCott fantasizing or watching porn. And it damn sure trumps, and then some, Jean kissing LOgan.
    Last edited by lancer; 07-16-2017 at 02:49 PM.

  5. #230
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    I'd say XTINCTION AGENDA is on Jean too. I don't mean all on her. I mean as I saw it as mutual. Now how hot it was consider that LOgan is lying there half dead. Agree completely with the first line. The Morrison issue scene is all about Scott. It's about the pain Jean is in. She has been shut out emotionally and physically for I believe it was 5 months.

    IF you are going to insist on doing Jean/Logan, I found that issue done as palatably as you are going to do it for me. If you want to break them up, that's how it should have been done. Scott has come back as a completely different person. This issue's Jean is ever bit in love with SCott as she has ever been, but he's come back a completely different person. So they don't work anymore. Stick with that. Morrison didn't as the series progressed. Then you get this nonsensical retroactive deconstruction of the relationship. And that is simply not workable,
    Stick with the NXM 117 approach to break them up, I still might hate it, but I could objectively concede it as plausible.

    I haven't looked at the results since I first posted in this thread. Just looked again. The results are the results. Whatever I think, looks like a whole bunch of other buy Scott/Emma. To each his own.
    Not to mention we got to see a little bit of Scott after Apocalypse was killed and before Grant Morrison, and although he was different, it was nothing like Morrison's depiction of him, especially in terms of his relationship with Jean. I much rather would have seen the Scott we got to see in Eve of Destruction.

  6. #231
    Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    She died twice. Once in the Dark Phoenix saga and again in Morrison's run. I don't understand why people act like she constantly died.
    Arguably she died twice in the Phoenix Saga itself (once bringing everyone down in Hammer Bay). More technically, she died neither time, but that's a retcon.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  7. #232
    Fantastic Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Not to mention we got to see a little bit of Scott after Apocalypse was killed and before Grant Morrison, and although he was different, it was nothing like Morrison's depiction of him, especially in terms of his relationship with Jean. I much rather would have seen the Scott we got to see in Eve of Destruction.
    Agreed. There was a lot that I liked about Morrison's run but the way he ended the Scott and Jean relationship wasn't one of them. They were fairly out of character, which was the only way he could have broken them up the way he did.

  8. #233
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    3,418

    Default

    Not sure how some people got it in their heads that flat-out accusing others of being "trolls" is acceptable behavior, but it isn't. Either report their posts and let the moderators sort it out, or put them on your ignore list. Keep the drama off the forums, folks. If you can't be civil don't post.

    And I'll remind everyone that you're talking about fictional characters and fictional relationships that can change at the whim of whoever's writing them. Dial down the hostility toward people you disagree with.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-16-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

    "Laura, you're Wolverine. If anyone can work out how to punch a virus in the face, it's you." ~Gabby (All-New Wolverine #20)

  9. #234
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Whatever she felt it didn't stand a snow ball's chance in hell against what she felt for SCott. At least when I was reading.
    I never said that she felt more for Logan than for Scott, only that you can't dismiss what she felt for Logan as just being a physical attraction or something like that...

  10. #235
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I never said that she felt more for Logan than for Scott, only that you can't dismiss what she felt for Logan as just being a physical attraction or something like that...
    True. At the very least there was a genuine friendship there. I don't know if she had any romantic feelings for him. She definitely loved him as a friend while also being attracted to him physically. Which made it a pretty complicated relationship.

    And that's something I actually liked about the Scott/Jean/Logan triangle. I usually dislike love triangles. It is a boring plot device that always seems to bring out the worst in fans. But I appreciate the way Scott, Jean and Logan managed to all become friends with each other despite all the rather awkward feelings of love, lust and romantic rivalry complicating their interactions. They acknowledged those feelings and worked through them because they respected each other and valued those friendships.

    Well, now I kind of want to nominate Scott, Jean and Logan as an X-Trio Who Actually Made Each Other Better.
    Last edited by Papa Moai; 07-16-2017 at 07:14 PM.

  11. #236
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,528

    Default

    I think that Jean did have some romantic feelings for Logan, sure not as much as she had for Scott but they're there...that's what yeah complicates it all, I think that Jean probably wasn't totally sure exactly what she felt for Logan because if she really thought about it things might have gotten dicey for the triangle, then Scott and Emma started and she gravitated to Logan even more as a result...Logan wanted to be with her but didn't want to have Jean cheat on Scott or be the cause of her marriage ending if it did...

  12. #237
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    104

    Default

    I guess I see it more as potential for romantic feelings, if that makes any sense. Like she could easily develop those kind of feelings if she wanted. After all lot of the main incredients are already there; affection, trust, sexual chemistry. It's a subtle distiction I'm talking about. Between having romantic feelings for someone and having feelings that you know would probably become romantic if you pursued the matter.

  13. #238
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,528

    Default

    I think that was partially what always held Jean back, that she felt that if she let her feelings for Logan grow into whatever they would grow into that she'd want a more physical relationship with him and that would mean leaving Scott, something that she wasn't prepared to do, but the idea was always there for her...she could see herself being with Logan and it both scared and thrilled her imho...being with him as more than just a sexual relationship, though that I'd guess certainly played a part in it...

  14. #239

    Default

    Wow. I stopped following this thread for a while and now it's just...wow. I want to say it escalated quickly, but whenever there are discussions Cyclops/Jean, Cyclops/Emma, or Jean/Logan, nothing really surprises me in terms of escalation.

    I still think the topic of the OP is worth discussing. Ideally, couples are supposed to make one another better. That's how you separate a good romance from a bad one. With these characters, though, it often depends on the interpretation of the writers. Chris Claremont and Grant Morrison clearly had a certain bias when it came to Cyclops/Jean. That bias was not at all shared by the likes of Louise Simonson, Scott Lobdell, and even Cullen Bunn. With every new writer, we get a new take and the context of previous relationships don't make sense anymore.

    After Joss Whedon left Astonishing X-men, I saw a distinct shift in Emma's portrayal. She seemed to lose a bit of depth and she became somewhat more erratic, in terms of characterization. Same goes for Cyclops and Beast, to a lesser extent. It's hard to really know how a writer impacts a character until after their run is done. When it comes to romances, that's even harder to gauge.

    At the moment, Marvel has kind of done a way with every iconic romance and not just within X-men. Pretty much none of these romances are ongoing anymore. Some of them have basically been forgotten about or overshadowed. I think, compared to DC, Marvel has a bit of a romance problem. They've been doing anything and everything to undermine some of their best romances at every turn. At the moment, there are no iconic romances that are active in the comics. I think that's a problem and I hope that changes, if not in the X-men comics, then in some other series.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  15. #240
    Incredible Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    608

    Default

    why is there no option for Storm and BP? I actually liked that story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •