Default Question about the hyphen in Spider-Man's name?

How do newspapers like the Daily Bugle know that there's a hypen in Spider-Man's name?

Wouldn't they assume it was Spiderman?
    Undo One More Day, bring back the marriage, and make Spider-Man great again
    Renew Your Vows is the only good Spider-Man book on the market nowadays
    Married Spider-Man is better than Teenage Spider-Man
    http://vampfox666.tumblr.com/

Why would they even call him Spider-Man at all, and not something like the Spidervigilante, or Bug-Boy?
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why would they even call him Spider-Man at all, and not something like the Spidervigilante, or Bug-Boy?
    Well he did have a media career on tv where he used the name so that atleast makes sense. Although in the beginning if you read first apperence it was just Spiderman in the newpapers shown somI dont know about that one.

I'd guess they came to a consensus about it when Spidey was a celebrity. He wasn't the one to come up with the idea of a hyphen, so it probably came from media types.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets