Super Moderator

Default MURDER MOST COSMIC: Aaron, Brevoort Reveal the Secrets of "Original Sin" #5

Jason Aaron and Tom Brevoort discuss the twists and turns of "Original Sin" #5, Nick Fury's big secret, a new Marvel U character's intro and more

Full article here.

So if Nick is old, then he never took the infinity formula? Then wtf did he give Bucky when he was on the brink of death in Fear Itself? I'm intrigued, but at the same time they just really rocked/screwed Nick Fury's history. It's like saying after all this time, Wolverine isn't the real James Howlett. He's a clone and the real James Howlett is on ice in a Weapon X lab somewhere. Takes away from all the stories you read with him in it. Just my opinion though.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

He's old now.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    He's old now.
    I think the statement beggars the question: For how long has he been old?
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    He's old now.
    Having aged rapidly following the loss of the Infinity Formula from his body (as seen in Battle Scars) would be consistent with other stories about eternal youth. Of course, Marvel might decide that they want to remove that particular aspect and have Fury always been aging and his LMDs having stood in for almost all of his modern stories. They could explain the various uses of the alleged Formula as being some sort of miracle elixir derived from alien science; not something that provides a remedy to aging but does still have healing properties.

I'm not sure if i am remembering it correctly, but wasn't it explicitly mentioned in Bendis' New Avengers that he gave Mockingbird some of the formula and that wasn't much left to go around? And then in that Battle Scars series he mentions it as well?
    Thread Killer: Because for the last year, every thread i post in just stops having traffic or my posts are completely ignored.

BANNED

Dat poster is awesome!

This entire event is compete garbage, and by far the worst Marvel has ever done, except maybe for Age Of Ultron (I guess I'll make that decision when Original Sin is over).

Someone kills The Watcher? It's The Watcher, who gives a crap?
    Everyone somehow has a terrible dark secret? Oh please.
    Nick Fury has been a secret cosmic spy cop/assassin for the last 50 years, meaning every goddamn appearance he's ever made in a Marvel comic has probably been an LMD?
    Enough with all the fucking retcons already!

As shitty as it was, at least Age Of Ultron was just a stupid alternate timelines story with mostly minor consequences, broken timestream notwithstanding.
    Last edited by Iam Fear; 07-11-2014 at 09:49 AM.

That's not at all what you were told imo . The issue explicitely says that he balanced both shield work and his secret secret job . It will obviously be later mined with other writers and books , when and if it pas actions could have been an LMD . Hell the whole LDM dynamic isnt changed as it already was quite often the case with Nick anyway

Either way , i dont share the rest of your opinion , i quite enjoyed the event thus far

So... Woody is alive & he killed the Watcher? That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMajik View Post
    So... Woody is alive & he killed the Watcher? That's my guess.
    I had guessed the same thing in a OS Speculations thread but am doubting that now. I started to doubt it when the character was so freely talked about in the interview. With everything they try to be coy about it seems they did not mind mentioning him. There is also a remark about one of the character present having a red flag and a reference to Clue, which I would take to mean that the murderer is someone among those present. There are several possibilities that I find plausible, and Woody is still among those, but this interview lessened my sureness in that one.

This makes me wonder if Howard Stark's interest in adapting alien weapons could be tied in with Tony Stark trying to get Noh-Varr to come work for him. (More probable is it's "Like Father, Like Son" lol)

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I had guessed the same thing in a OS Speculations thread but am doubting that now. I started to doubt it when the character was so freely talked about in the interview. With everything they try to be coy about it seems they did not mind mentioning him. There is also a remark about one of the character present having a red flag and a reference to Clue, which I would take to mean that the murderer is someone among those present. There are several possibilities that I find plausible, and Woody is still among those, but this interview lessened my sureness in that one.
    Yeah I got the feeling that he was implying that someone in the room was responsible as well.