Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default SUPERWOMAN #12 Preview

https://www.newsarama.com/35222-lana...review.html#s7

Nice to see a glimpse of Lana back at The Star again, if only briefly.

thanks for the preview...

Good second cover, they should work as a team..

Hi-Fi Fight Club Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

Well, back to the regular art team. I preferred the fill in artist Jose Luis from the last issue, so that's kind of a let down.

I'm still enjoying the book, and think it's a good book overall, but they are really overdoing it with using Superman as a pick me up for Lana.

So either this issue, or the next, we'll find out how Lana got her original powers in the Post-Reborn timeline.
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

How is this book doing, not in term of sales but in terms of quality. I read the first issue but never planned to continue and was surprised by it's quality. However, i heard it goes downhill fast so should i get the trades?
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Spectacular Member

I think we care about Lana Lang. In the end, she is an important character in Clark's life.

But I think this book needs to come to an end. It is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    How is this book doing, not in term of sales but in terms of quality. I read the first issue but never planned to continue and was surprised by it's quality. However, i heard it goes downhill fast so should i get the trades?
    I think it's been pretty good overall, Jimenez's run ranks as one of my favorite stories in the Super line, so I would recommend getting the trades.

But the overall reception to the book has been mixed. The general consensus is that the book is merely decent, and there are a lot more people that think the book is really awful than there are those that think it's fairly good.
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

Spectacular Member

I also dislike New Super-man book a lot.

Instead of creating another character with Superman-ish powers, they should have spent their time thinking about how bringing Conner back in the best possible way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    DC has not cancelled any Rebirth comics.
    They cancelled All-Star Batman..or it came to it's natural conclusion, take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They cancelled All-Star Batman..or it came to it's natural conclusion, take your pick.
    That's a special case though, clearly ending by Snyder's choice.

All-Star Batman is DC's second best seller, so it isn't ending because of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    I also dislike New Super-man book a lot.

Instead of creating another character with Superman-ish powers, they should have spent their time thinking about how bringing Conner back in the best possible way.
    The creation of New Super-Man did not begin as an alternative to bringing back Conner.

Conner's absence has nothing to do with New Super-Man, and if New Super-Man never came to be, that wouldn't mean DC would be working on bringing Conner back.

Yeah, Kon El really isn't a reason to be against kenan. You could dislike that Lana replaced Lois on panel, but that was a first issue thing literally a year ago.

I've been thinking about sticking with this because Perkins is pretty solid, although I don't like this John Henry at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Pointless example to use though, since like Clementine said, it was a best seller and DC is trying to change that book into a new format that will be announced soon.

Lana isn't going anywhere,even if they drop this series,she will be in another SUPER book soon enough,as a background star,or in a team type book.

And that's if she has powers or not.

Same for Kenan

And Steel

Now bring back a kick ass kon-el
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is the human facsimile of superman

-kon-el is the human Superman,made by humans,for humanity

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

BANNED

Kon El needed a break...DC kept making his backstory and power set more and more confusing.

I dropped this book awhile ago, mostly because it went downhill so quickly, and the only thing which could bring me back is the return of Traci.

This book isn't even comparable to New Super-Man. While this book has been mediocre or bad for most of its time, New Super-Man has been one of Rebirth's greatest triumphs. As others have said, Kenan being created has NOTHING to do with Kon not being around.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Kon El needed a break...DC kept making his backstory and power set more and more confusing.
    Putting a character on break doesn't help them. Fixing them helps them, and, like with the other members of the YJ4, all that's necessary to get him back on track is to say that the versions of them we saw in the Nu52 weren't really them.Heck, Kon's even easier, since unlike Bart and Cassie, who haven't been written consistently well since 2003, Kon was actually doing pretty decently before the reboot.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.