Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

I am definitely too late to field my own team, but this seems fun, once everyone posts their answers, am I allowed to vote or no because I wasn't here in the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    I am definitely too late to field my own team, but this seems fun, once everyone posts their answers, am I allowed to vote or no because I wasn't here in the beginning?
    Yeah, votes from forum users who aren't actually participating in the tournament are welcome.

There's actually a similar tournament still being prepared if you'd like to join that one by clicking the bolded link in this paragraph.

Amazing Member

It's nice to see this return! Let's see how my teams measure, shall we?

Team Tomzilla 1
    Daredevil (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
    Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch)
    Ethan Hunt (Mission: Impossible Movies)
    Echo (Dollhouse)
    River Tam (Serenity)
    Buffy Summers (Buffyverse)
    Agent K (Men in Black)
    Ichabod Crane (Sleepy Hollow TV series)
    Max Guevara (Dark Angel)
    Dana Scully (The X-Files)
    Hundred Eyes (Marco Polo)
    Doc Brown (Back to the Future)
    Just as quickly as the Darkseekers attack, they'll quickly find themselves in a full retreat -- if any of them are still alive that is. My team has the Slayer herself: Buffy Summers. And she's not alone! She is aided by Hundred Eyes, Max Guevara, River Tam, and Daredevil, all of whom are superb fighters (e.g. Max's fighting skills and combat speed is impressive; Daredevil's extrasensory senses and reflexes would be useful, especially in the dark; Hundred Eyes is basically a kung-fu Daredevil; River's psychic abilities would be a great help, etc.). For backup they have Ethan Hunt and Agent K, famous for their resourcefulness and stealth in these intense scenarios. I have complete confidence in my team's ability to neutralize the Darkseekers.

It wouldn't be terribly difficult for them to reach Vermont. Doc Brown has built time machines; he's certainly capable of rigging up a makeshift of Agent K's super-speeding car.

As for discovering a cure, I have Sherlock Holmes, Dana Scully, Ichabod Crane, and Echo -- all geniuses -- working together. Sherlock is no longer the antisocial nihilist we were introduced to at the beginning of Sherlock; no, he's become genuinely invested in the well-being of others. Dana Scully and Echo's expertise in modern medicine is the key to my team concocting a cure.

Team Tomzilla 2
    Winifred Burkle (Buffyverse)
    Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
    Sam Winchester (Supernatural)
    Major William "Bill" Cage (Edge of Tomorrow)
    Master Chief (Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn)
    Jacob (Lost)
    Tarzan (The Legend of Tarzan)
    Peter Pan (Hook)
    Raizo (Ninja Assassin)
    Claire Bennett (Heroes)
    Dr. Egon Spengler (Ghostbusters Movies)
    Beatrix Kiddo (Kill Bill)
    Unlike my first team, which would make the Darkseekers wish they had time to retreat, my Second Team completely exterminates them. Master Chief and Major Cage have enough firepower to see to that. Sam and Dean Winchester, guys that have effortlessly picked apart monsters that make the Darkseekers look tame in comparison, would clean up any leftovers. Then there's the Bride and Raizo swiftly dispatching what's left.

As for traveling to Vermont, Sam and Dean could rig up a transportation spell, or Peter Pan could fly over a few key players, or Jacob could transport them, or... I think you get it. This team has many ways of reaching Vermont with plenty of time to spare.

Now can they discover a cure? Absolutely yes! Claire Bennet's blood is the key to saving humanity. Jacob, a man capable of healing people with his touch, is another key to our salvation. I already have two characters who can single-handedly cure the Darkseeker virus, and with Winifred Burkle and Dr. Egon Spengler's help, my Second Team will be able to replicate and mass-produce a cure. You're welcome!

My votes...

This was tough. Most teams can do this relatively easily. So it's just a case of HOW easily (especially when it comes to travel time and cure expertise, as beating the Darkseekers is the easy part) and how well each part was explained by the person whose teams they are.

1st - Tomzilla Team 2 (3 points)
    This team can slaughter the Darkseekers, they can get to Vermont at speeds second only to my own Team 2, and the cure is self-explanatory, given Claire and Jacob.

2nd - Oggy Team 1 (2 points)
    Good strat. Everything's covered excessively. In particular, the way the transport was procured - and the form of transport that was created as a result - very cool.

3rd - Tomzilla Team 1 (1 point)
    The group of people perfectly suited to fighting the Darkseekers is very similar to my Team 2. I like it and can't really argue against it, therefore! Then Doc Brown as a vehicle builder is awesome. And there's some serious intelligence to help make a cure.

I have to say, this was made easier by the detailed nature of the above strats more than anything else. Otherwise it might have been even more difficult to choose.
    Last edited by KJS; 07-17-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Amazing Member

1st place - Tomzilla Team 2: Master Chief and Claire are the key to this strategy. I think they take it.

2nd place - KJ Team 2: Solidly rounded team with lots of means to complete this challenge, well done.

3rd place - KJS Team 1: John Rambo and three Batmen...talk about overkill.
    Last edited by Oggy; 07-17-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

1st place: Team Tomzilla 2. Crushes it. Good smarts, good experience, good prep work.

2nd place: Team Oggy 1. Good balance of all the things they need to win.

3rd place: Team KJS2. Micah and Angus.
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles Post
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner of SO's Item/Weapon Shop

We'll move on from this one today. More votes obviously welcome.

1st: KJS 2: wraps this whole thing up pretty easy and has teleportation

2nd: Tomzilla 2: Claire's blood is really effective and has a good team behind it

3rd: Oggy 1 a straight foward plan with a team that can pull it off, pretty cut and dry here. Also like the Doc Brown ideas

Couple of hours to go here guys.

Okay, that will do it.

Results for this round...

1st) Tomzilla Team 2: 11 points (3 league points)
    2nd) KJS Team 2: 6 points (2 league points)
    3rd) Oggy Team 1: 5 points (1 league point)
    =4th) Tomzilla Team 1: 1 point
    =4th) KJS Team 1: 1 point

The overall league table currently looks like this...

KJS Team 2 - 7 points
    Tomzilla Team 2 - 4 points
    Stigmazilla Team 2 - 3 points
    Marvel-Studios Rep - 2 points
    Darth Drizzle Team - 1 point
    Oggy Team 1: 1 point

Every other team is yet to register a league table point.

Scenario 4 will be posted shortly.