Super Moderator

Default Batman Dons 'New Mask' in Duggan's "Arkham Manor"

Batman offers up his home to house Gotham's criminally insane in "Arkham Manor," and writer Gerry Duggan explains why the move makes sense.

Full article here.

As long as it's not the injustice one Then it'll be okay.

I'll give this a shot. I like Duggan as a writer, and this is a rather unique concept for an "ongoing" at DC. It will be interesting to see who the cast of characters in play are though.

I always thought it would be awesome to have a "Star Wars" novel, comic or TV series following the everyday life of the everyday people inhabiting the Death Star -- the custodians, the technicians, the kitchen staff.
    That already exists. It's a novel called... wait for it... Death Star.

This review sold me, very excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwe1138 View Post
    That already exists. It's a novel called... wait for it... Death Star.
    Fantastic journalism from CBR! (I didn't now about this either though, interesting)

Cap' Jim we will miss you Power Torch's Avatar

Hmmmm I still don't know about this series, I have a bad feeling about Poison Ivy being in it...but I will check it out.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011

This series seems intended for a limited run. I can't see Arkham permanently moved into Wayne Manor.
    I think a maxi series would interest me more as I would be more confident that the series was moving towards an intended goal.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

I thought this looked pretty dumb at first, but I'll give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Batman offers up his home to house Gotham's criminally insane in "Arkham Manor," and writer Gerry Duggan explains why the move makes sense.
    the fact that this needs an explanation is kind of jarring

This just would work much much MUCH better as a Elseworlds kind of miniseries

I'm all for it. I like new interesting ideas, and this looks like a good one.

CBR interviewer does a bad job of not bringing up that the Arkham Manor sits right over top the BATCAVE.

This title sounds pretty interesting to me. For sure not something we see everyday.

Pretty obvious move. The Manor and Batcave should have the best security in Gotham. Bruce can keep an eye on all his enemies, at all times. He'll be the first to know if they escape. If they do they'll literally be right outside of his house so he can apprehend them quickly.

Oh and the "new mask"? My guess is he's going to assume the identity of a psychiatrist (much likes he assumes Matches Malone's identity) to try and heal his rogue gallery.