Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Looks like it's time for me to say goodbye to Photobucket. I was using the ad free package for about a year but now nothing seems to be showing up.
    Just read the new terms and so 3rd party hosting is no longer free. Pity, all my comic book panel images and SHSO screencaps are stored there.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Just read the new terms and so 3rd party hosting is no longer free. Pity, all my comic book panel images and SHSO screencaps are stored there.
    I feel like they should have warned the user community in an email or something. I'm going to start downloading some files from there over the next few days. It's not worth me keeping anything over there. I'll have to repost my entry for this week later this evening when I start transferring stuff somewhere else.

Looks like the cover is showing up for now. I'm going to probably end up on imageshack. My account is still open there and I used it before switching to Photobucket.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-17-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I feel like they should have warned the user community in an email or something. I'm going to start downloading some files from there over the next few days. It's not worth me keeping anything over there. I'll have to repost my entry for this week later this evening when I start transferring stuff somewhere else.

Looks like the cover is showing up for now. I'm going to probably end up on imageshack. My account is still open there and I used it before switching to Photobucket.
    I went in to try and save what I wanted before closing it up and leaving, but I was hit with a flood of ads, one after the other. Slowed me down and hindered my progress to so much I gave up.

Thankfully a while back my blog host advised storing all my blog pics with them. So I did and thank God I did. That's a big chunk that's already taken care of at least.
    ďThatís right, Iím Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!Ē

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doughy Man! View Post
    I went in to try and save what I wanted before closing it up and leaving, but I was hit with a flood of ads, one after the other. Slowed me down and hindered my progress to so much I gave up.

Thankfully a while back my blog host advised storing all my blog pics with them. So I did and thank God I did. That's a big chunk that's already taken care of at least.
    That flood of ads doesn't sound good. I may just keep one window open there and then try to back up those files on wherever I feel is my best option. To tell the truth, I really didn't grasp what an image hosting sites' business model is . I reckon they had to be making some money somehow. IIRC there were no ads in the beginning.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

Thanks everyone for doing such a good job in finding so many interesting covers that matched my theme. Looking forward to seeing who the winner will be this week.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

In the Cover Contest I tend to img link to wherever the cover I've found is hosted, in other words I don't upload it to my photobucket, then link to that (I used to, but then thought I'd just 'cut out the middleman'). But I do use Photobucket for the CBR art jams, and this is now an issue over on those threads.
    Rather than me opening up a new account with imageshack or similar, I'm wondering if I could use one of the accounts I already have with Tumblr, Twitter or DeviantArt for the same thing? Does anyone know? Thanks

Also, great entries this week, good to see some indie titles getting the spotlight :-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Behold ChadH! (who gets my vote)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm going with foxley for his Sheena cover! Yowsa!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

SuperCooper for me this time out.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Spike-X gets this Earth Pig's vote
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

PaulBullion . I love me some Ms. Mystic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Batman View Post
    In the Cover Contest I tend to img link to wherever the cover I've found is hosted, in other words I don't upload it to my photobucket, then link to that (I used to, but then thought I'd just 'cut out the middleman'). But I do use Photobucket for the CBR art jams, and this is now an issue over on those threads.
    Rather than me opening up a new account with imageshack or similar, I'm wondering if I could use one of the accounts I already have with Tumblr, Twitter or DeviantArt for the same thing? Does anyone know? Thanks

Also, great entries this week, good to see some indie titles getting the spotlight :-)
    I just downloaded a pic to my computer and linked it to the image icon on the reply option. It worked.

53e25673216c7.jpg 20 words, sheesh thats annoying.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Sharkerbob
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362