Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default October Solicits

Figured I'd get the ball rolling for early October solicits as they seem be coming out to help promote the Dark Days/Nights/Metal thingy.

In addition to ''Gotham Resistance'', there is now ''Justice Insurgence''. This crossover spans The Flash #33, Justice League #32, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #32, and Justice League #33.

THE FLASH #33
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by HOWARD PORTER
    Cover by NEIL GOOGE
    Variant cover by HOWARD PORTER
    “JUSTICE INSURGENCE” part one! After the harrowing events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL #3, the JUSTICE LEAGUE has scattered around the world to find the only artifacts that can fight back against the invasion of the Dark Multiverse. The League thinks they know how to take back their world, but they are not prepared for who is standing in their way. The Seven Dark Knights of the Dark Multiverse. All the brilliance of Batman, but none of the morals. Barry Allen, The Fastest Man Alive, is the first to get a taste of their plan, as BATMAN: THE RED DEATH takes him on at the Fortress of Solitude.
    On sale OCTOBER 25 • 32 pg, FC $2.99 US • RATED T
    https://www.newsarama.com/35326-the-...ultiverse.html
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-13-2017 at 10:47 AM.

This topic is Better option for DC Comics.. the only super here is mention the fortress.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-13-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This topic is Better option for DC Comics.. the only super here is mention the fortress.
    Well yeah, that and the fact it spans two JL books.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Aside from not knowing just what the hell this event is supposed to be about, this is the part that sounds ridiculous to me. Another multiverse where all the concepts of the Big 7 are all Batmen. Sounds so stupid. The rest of it, I'm just not interested enough in the general concepts (insofar as they're being advertised) to get on board and get a better idea of what's going on. I just think the overall event is being advertised terribly.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-13-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Aside from not knowing just what the hell this event is supposed to be about, this is the part that sounds ridiculous to me. Another multiverse where all the concepts of the Big 7 are all Batmen. Sounds so stupid. The rest of it, I'm just not interested enough in the general concepts (insofar as they're being advertised) to get on board and get a better idea of what's going on. I just think the overall event is being advertised terribly.

I'm in the same boat. 7 more dark Batman.......meh.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm in the same boat. 7 more dark Batman.......meh.
    At least we'll get to, presumably, see the other DC heroes beat them up .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Ha! I didn't think of that!
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

I hate that Metal is going to interrupt some of the titles I am buying. And I hate that I would have to pick up more books related to this event I am not even going to follow, in order to buy some books I want for the month. Looks like I am going to skip most of my DC books for October.
    Jason Aaron's Star Wars: January 14th 2015-October 4th 2017.

"Iron Man, Iron Man, Does whatever an iron can; presses pants really fine, keeps those pleats right in line. Hey there, there goes the Iron Man!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Ha! I didn't think of that!
    Think about it, Metal is probably also a meta-commentary of potential Batmanization of DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or Batman vs many more Batmen!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

I'm guessing at this point that "Dark Multiverse" is going to be something like...all Batmen. As in Dark Knight Multiverse. Perhaps leading to a reveal that all superheroes (or at least the major players) have a multiverse where everyone is that character? Like the Super Multiverse, the Speed Multiverse, the Wonder Multiverse, etc. I'm not saying I think it sounds cool or anything but the concept of Batmen based conceptually on other existing heroes in the DCU lends some credence to the idea.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-13-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope it doesn't interrupt AQUAMAN, I'll be pissed.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm guessing at this point that "Dark Multiverse" is going to be something like...all Batmen. As in Dark Knight Multiverse. Perhaps leading to a reveal that all superheroes (or at least the major players) have a multiverse where everyone is that character? Like the Super Multiverse, the Speed Multiverse, the Wonder Multiverse, etc. I'm not saying I think it sounds cool or anything but the concept of Batmen based conceptually on other existing heroes in the DCU lends some credence to the idea.
    I think the point is that Batman tapped something in that dark Cthullu/ type universe and imprinted his image over there each time he got visions of it after he used his Memory Machine. So I doubt its Only Batmen in the universe , Its just spewing things out that resemble batman because he was the first thing that touched it.

Thumbs up

BATMAN TRUE FATHER.... PFFF.. THOMAS WAYNE IS BATMAN FATHER.

7 evil Batmen... After the begin Injustice II comic and specially the lasts chapters, I hate the evil bats I am not interested in these villains..
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-14-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    I hate that Metal is going to interrupt some of the titles I am buying. And I hate that I would have to pick up more books related to this event I am not even going to follow, in order to buy some books I want for the month. Looks like I am going to skip most of my DC books for October.
    That's my feeling exactly. I plan to do the same.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!