Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vulture vs Rhino

Film versions

didn't Rhino have missile launchers or machine guns or sumthing? if so he wins.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    This. That Rhino suit was low key stacked.

He had both.

Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Vulture had a Chitauri-based rifle that was capable of slicing the Staten Island Ferry in half lengthwise when it went full out, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    He had both.
    ok so machine guns missiles armor that can take hits from spiderman super strength i assume yup Vulture dies in a stomp.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Vulture had a Chitauri-based rifle that was capable of slicing the Staten Island Ferry in half lengthwise when it went full out, for what it's worth.
    thats not Standard Equipment tho even if he did have it im sure Rhino still wins.
    Last edited by choptop; 07-16-2017 at 07:53 PM.

ok so machine guns missiles armor that can take hits from spiderman super strength i assume yup Vulture dies in a stomp.

thats not Standard Equipment tho even if he did have it im sure Rhino still wins.
    I agree that the chitauri rifle is not standard equipment and Vulture shouldn't have it. I don't agree that with it, Rhino should win anyway. At the end of the day, Rhino's layout is featless, while we know that chitauri weapon when overloaded can cut a ferry in half. Also, basic maneuverability edge for Vulture, provided he's got a range weapon.

W/o Vulture having a range weapon, Rhino wins 100%. Basically, Vulture's suit was never really conceived as a "weapon" so much as "construction equipment". It was durable, diddn't have any range weapons, and simply used its wings and talons to lift and carry things around. Throughout the film, Vulture was basically fighting Spider-Man with a futuristic backhoe.

Are we all forgetting that Vulture's wings were smashing through thick concrete pillars with no real sign of damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I agree that the chitauri rifle is not standard equipment and Vulture shouldn't have it. I don't agree that with it, Rhino should win anyway. At the end of the day, Rhino's layout is featless, while we know that chitauri weapon when overloaded can cut a ferry in half. Also, basic maneuverability edge for Vulture, provided he's got a range weapon.
    im saying he wins with it assuming Rhino is approaching spiderman LV strength and durability all so i think Rhino can shoot him down befor Vulture can fire at him.
    Last edited by choptop; 07-16-2017 at 10:02 PM.

I would've loved to have seen more of that Rhino...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    This is a good point. Back to square one for me. lol. And just like comment above, the suit deserved at least 5 more minutes of fight instead of the 15 minutes of Spiderman pout time we got preceding it. Waste of awesome definitely.

Side Note: Someone said Featless for Rhino. So here no extrapolation is allowed? Like if we didnt see it, we can't make an educated guess on what it might be able to do?
    Last edited by InvincibleDom; 07-17-2017 at 05:12 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    Side Note: Someone said Featless for Rhino. So here no extrapolation is allowed? Like if we didnt see it, we can't make an educated guess on what it might be able to do?
    Pretty much.

There's a little leeway, based on circumstances (EVERYTHING on Rumbles should really be looked at situation by situation, in my opinion), but the board operates on feats. We go with what is shown, for the most part. Some extrapolation can be done - for example, if a character has one single appearance where he fights against Shang Chi, and Shang Chi is forced to go all out, and still is getting wrecked, there's some leeway to say 'well, maybe that character is as fast as Shang seeing as we don't see anything to contradict it.'

Otherwise, feats feats feats. High-end feats consistent with the character's presentation.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Pretty much.

There's a little leeway, based on circumstances (EVERYTHING on Rumbles should really be looked at situation by situation, in my opinion), but the board operates on feats. We go with what is shown, for the most part. Some extrapolation can be done - for example, if a character has one single appearance where he fights against Shang Chi, and Shang Chi is forced to go all out, and still is getting wrecked, there's some leeway to say 'well, maybe that character is as fast as Shang seeing as we don't see anything to contradict it.'

Otherwise, feats feats feats. High-end feats consistent with the character's presentation.
    Thanks for letting me know early, super helpful. I will limit my amount of contribution to this portion of the forums accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post

W/o Vulture having a range weapon, Rhino wins 100%. Basically, Vulture's suit was never really conceived as a "weapon" so much as "construction equipment". It was durable, diddn't have any range weapons, and simply used its wings and talons to lift and carry things around. Throughout the film, Vulture was basically fighting Spider-Man with a futuristic backhoe.
    I agree with that. We have no idea how accurate Rhino was with those weapons as we never see him use them. He could be deadly accurate or he could be in the typical action movie category where the villain couldn't hit a barn with a machine gun if he was inside the barn. We also have little idea of Rhino's durability while the Vulture has feats of durability and attack.

It's like saying I get an auto-win against the Vulture because I have a missile launcher and I'm in armor. Why is this featless guy getting to ignore the rules?
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    This is a good point. Back to square one for me. lol. And just like comment above, the suit deserved at least 5 more minutes of fight instead of the 15 minutes of Spiderman pout time we got preceding it. Waste of awesome definitely.

I'm tempted to be sarcastic and say they should have just had Peter shrug his shoulders after Gwen died, said, "Well, one down. More fish in the say. Where's MJ?" and then spend ten minutes fighting the Rhino.

Actually, I thought what Peter went through after the death of his loved one and ending it on a high dramatic moment was a perfect dramatic ending but so many people are, "Oh, why didn't they show the whole fight" not just here but generally as if the dramatic aspect is absolutely meaningless to them. To me, that's akin to watching the end of Rocky 3 and going, "Hey, how come they just show the first punch between Rocky and Apollo and don't do the whole fight?" Aside from that, who knows what we would have seen had they actually finished the Spider-Man series with a third one. The start of the Rhino fight may have been meant as a cliffhanger.
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies