Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm tempted to be sarcastic and say they should have just had Peter shrug his shoulders after Gwen died, said, "Well, one down. More fish in the say. Where's MJ?" and then spend ten minutes fighting the Rhino.

Actually, I thought what Peter went through after the death of his loved one and ending it on a high dramatic moment was a perfect dramatic ending but so many people are, "Oh, why didn't they show the whole fight" not just here but generally as if the dramatic aspect is absolutely meaningless to them. To me, that's akin to watching the end of Rocky 3 and going, "Hey, how come they just show the first punch between Rocky and Apollo and don't do the whole fight?" Aside from that, who knows what we would have seen had they actually finished the Spider-Man series with a third one. The start of the Rhino fight may have been meant as a cliffhanger.
    Artistically you are spot on. The Rocky 3 concept was a great way to tie it together and to assuage my childhood desire for seeing the showdown over my adult sense of what you are detailing. Fortunately, Stallone was graceful enough to at least give us the answer in Creed (although he could have been being respectful to the legacy of the father).

I suppose my disappointment comes from a debate stand point (questions of Rhino Armor versus Iron Monger keep me up at night and now smarter people than I have just said we can definitely never know the answer of such things) and a "You actually put a cool looking Rhino in the movie and we DONT get to see how it went down?" Rocky at least let us see him lose one and win one so I can imagine the third fight accordingly. We will probably never see Robo Rhino again.
    Last edited by InvincibleDom; 07-17-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    Artistically you are spot on. The Rocky 3 concept was a great way to tie it together and to assuage my childhood desire for seeing the showdown over my adult sense of what you are detailing. Fortunately, Stallone was graceful enough to at least give us the answer in Creed (although he could have been being respectful to the legacy of the father).

I suppose my disappointment comes from a debate stand point (questions of Rhino Armor versus Iron Monger keep me up at night and now smarter people than I have just said we can definitely never know the answer of such things) and a "You actually put a cool looking Rhino in the movie and we DONT get to see how it went down?" Rocky at least let us see him lose one and win one so I can imagine the third fight accordingly. We will probably never see Robo Rhino again.
    Funny thing is that I noticed the vestigial thing that kinda sorta looked like a horn and suddenly, after several moments of looking at the character, said to myself in the theater, "Hey, wait a minute! Is that supposed to be the Rhino?" Because, as I said, I was looking at him and had no idea it was supposed to be the Rhino except I caught that sorta horn lookin' thing since he looked nothing like the comic book Rhino at least the one I remember.

But yeah, I'm just saying that, artistically, I think ending the story at the start of the fight with Spider-Man realizing he has to go on and the scene with the kid was a perfect choice. But, of course, there's also the little kid in me who wouldn't get any of that and just would want to see the fight. Even if the Rhino ever does show up, for legal reasons, I'm sure it won't be that version.

We've gotten to see Dr. Octopus, the Lizard and so on. If they ever show up in the MCU, it will probably be after Spidey's other villains have been used up. The only reason we're seeing the Vulture show up at all or right away is because the previous versions of Spider-Man used a lot of the other villains.

I still wonder if the casting of Michael Keaton was because he did Bird-Man which took shots at the MCU and now he's playing a bird man in the MCU.

And, of course, like the Rhino, looks nothing like the comic book version BUT, for live action, both were a plus.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 07-17-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies