Default Mayweather VS McGregor...TWISTED

No, this isn't a second round in the Khazan. Its a lot more relevant. Because its about both professionals work...

...in selling their product.

SO. In the lead-up to the Mayweather-McGregor megashow...who has done a better job at selling the fight to the greater number of people?

Mayweather?

Or...

McGregor?

***Sales on personal efforts only, since the promoters for each athlete would be working together for a bigger combined pie...

I have lost all respect for both of them, but I give props to Mayweather for the Voltron maneuver last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I have lost all respect for both of them, but I give props to Mayweather for the Voltron maneuver last night.
    It's going to be a massacre, but at least it's one that McGregor will survive.

I'm not so sure that's going to be the case when Nigel Benn (53) and Steve Collins (53 next week) get back in the ring against each other.

That match is dumber than a house-full of bricks.

Anybody here thinks McGregor is going to win?

By the way, Mayweather's IQ is about the same as his shoe size. Listening to him is cringe-worthy.

Just can't come close to match wits with Conor, that's for sure.

Conor stole the show, he's by far the better seller.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWarrior View Post

By the way, Mayweather's IQ is about the same as his shoe size. Listening to him is cringe-worthy.

Conor stole the show, he's by far the better seller.
    Meh they're both pricks. Conor could do with a good humbling though.

Fantastic Member

After Brooklyn, I have lost all interest in these two. During the time that it held my attention, I'll go with Floyd. Just because it amuse me, that in order to promote this show, he is openly casting doubt about himself.
    Last edited by HFMM; 07-15-2017 at 09:00 AM.

I think people who go in believing they like either man as an individual will inevitably be let down. I like both in the sense that they're great fighters who manage to somehow get underestimated despite the massive hype, but I'd never want to grab lunch with them or anything.

Floyd can make people buy into the idea that someone will finally shut his mouth, and Conor is a natural salesman. Hopefully he loses because otherwise it's likely to kill boxing, but I like that the talk has people seeing it as an intriguing match.

Anybody with a decent punch can win any given fight. That much is true.

And it's worth a bet on Conor McGregor on the basis that it'll win you a fair bit of money if he pulls off a shock (and it WOULD be a massive shock if he wins).

But anyone betting on McGregor on the basis that they think he's genuinely the one most likely to win this fight is insane.

999 times out of 1000, Mayweather toys with him. This is one of the greatest boxers of all time against someone who's not actually a boxer. MMA experience is better than no fight experience in a boxing ring, but against a genuinely world class fighter, it might as well be no experience. Very different sport.

Spectacular Member

Never liked Mayweather. Always thought he was an insufferable prick who seemed to think having loads of cash made up for the fact that he was dumb as a stump. I used to like McGregor because of his "local boy makes good" backstory, but I've now lost respect for him because he's become as much a jerk as Mayweather, in his own way.

It'd do my heart good to see this end in a "Street Fighter II"-style Double KO, but if I'm being honest, McGregor's most likely gonna get rocked in this one. He's very much in Floyd's wheelhouse here. He's got skills, but he's not a pure boxer, and that's going to work against him.

As to the question, I'd say McGregor's done a better promotion job, since he seems to have a lot of people (based on conversations I've had) thinking he can actually win this.

McGregor has definitely edged ahead, promo-wise, thanks to one line (relating to Floyd wearing raised-up shoes): "You should have fucking worn them on the first night, you stupid baldy twat!"

Fantastic Member

I totally agree that Mayweather is no where as witty as Conor. But it's not wise to gauge a person IQ, base on the way they articulate themselves. Epecially, if they have proven to be the best in their field.

Some education for the masses. The gap in skill is too enormous.