Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Wolverine Vs Various X-Men Gauntlet

Hi all,

First thread. I apologize in advance for any mistakes. I am a huge X-Men fan and I am curious how everyone thinks 616 Adamantium Wolverine stacks up against various 616 X characters. I read a few post so I respect the opinions here.

I also have a specific question about Adamantium in Wolverine. Adamantium Beta is in the bones only right? So a character like Colossus could technically be able to rip him apart since bone is held in by muscle, tendon and ligaments?

Anyway onto the Battles. Just want to ask where he would have problems based on characters close to his ability. I didn't want some way out of his league but I tried to increase difficulty. Morality off. So where do you think he stops and why. Thanks.

Shatterstar
    Multiple Man
    Fantomex
    Colossus
    Psylocke

CONDITION ADDED: What is the lowest level, individual 616 Character needed to help Wolverine clear? So Wolverine can't but Wolverine + "X" Character can.
    Last edited by InvincibleDom; 07-14-2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: ADDITIONAL RULE DUE TO CONSENSUS

Mighty Member

Shatterstar - no idea
    Multiple Man - he can just be dogpiled under an endless pile of bodies
    Fantomex - IIRC this guy is a bullet timer, so he should be able to cause enough damage to get a 10-count without getting hit in return
    Colossus - his skin has stood up to adamantium before (I think even Logan's claws specifically), and should be able to pound him silly
    Psylocke - her psi-blades should be able to bypass his durability

Welcome to Rumbles.

Of the guys you've listed, Shatterstar is probably the most problematic. I really don't know where to pitch him here.

Jamie Madrox won't generate any dupes that can cause Logan any problem, and as long as he can stay on top of the pile as more and more dupes get generated, he's not going to suffocate.

Standard rules for Rumbles (check the stickies threads) include a starting distance, so Logan doesn't start off straight away in hand-to-hand. With that comes the fact that Psylocke will have shut down his brain before he can even get to her.

Fantomex is way, way, way too fast for Logan, and can do plenty of damage... certainly enough to get a ten-count.

The levels of toughness that Logan can or can't stab has been a sore point in the past, but he shouldn't even get chance to try and stab Colossus. Petey gets off a thunderclap, knocks Logan about and beats him like a red-headed stepchild. While he won't do any lasting damage, his brain is shaken in his skull enough to knock him the heck out.

Mighty Member

The last time I read Shatterstar he was deflecting bullets and using dead lift weights as a bow staff to knock 800 pound bricks flying. If he's still operating at that level he should take this.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 07-14-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for advice and welcome.

Yeah your point about distance is important. I would say 50 feet and everyone has normal equipment.

Interesting, you talked about Adamantium Wolverine stab. I made a point of not to bring it up because it got me in trouble at another site. My personal opinion (don't know if it applies here and I apologize in advance if it offends) is His universal bio states: "Wolverine's ability to slice completely through a substance depended upon the thickness of the substance and the amount of force he could exert." So while Adamantium Beta can cut through anything, Wolverine's strength would not allow his razor blade thick claws to cut Colossus. I understand feats have shown different once or twice, but to me that is a writer maybe misinterpreting the abilities of the character.

For some, this concept is blasphemy.

This is not to say I don't enjoy the character, Wolverine's appeal was more the not giving up and never backing down over trying to keep up in power levels.

Funny, you have the LoboDaffy pic. I remember Marvel Vs. DC had Wolverine Fight Lobo and on Fan Vote Wolverine won. Even my love of Marvel simply made me throw up in my mouth a little bit when they let that go down.
    Last edited by InvincibleDom; 07-14-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Spectacular Member

On Multiple Man, do you know which would tire out first? Multiples or Wolverine killing basically poorly trained regular dudes? You did say pile and I kind of agree but it would take at least the first one to punch himself to start so could there ever be a way for Wolverine to stab before the duplication happened?

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post

Yeah your point about distance is important. I would say 50 feet and everyone has normal equipment.

Interesting, you talked about Adamantium Wolverine stab. I made a point of not to bring it up because it got me in trouble at another site. My personal opinion (don't know if it applies here and I apologize in advance if it offends) is His universal bio states: "Wolverine's ability to slice completely through a substance depended upon the thickness of the substance and the amount of force he could exert." So while Adamantium Beta can cut through anything, Wolverine's strength would not allow his razor blade thick claws to cut Colossus. I understand feats have shown different once or twice, but to me that is a writer maybe misinterpreting the abilities of the character.

This is not to say I don't enjoy the character, Wolverine's appeal was more the not giving up and never backing down over trying to keep up in power levels.

Funny, you have the LoboDaffy pic. I remember Marvel Vs. DC had Wolverine Fight Lobo and on Fan Vote Wolverine won. Even my love of Marvel simply made me throw up in my mouth a little bit when they let that go down.
    Just so you know, with this type of thinking you'll do fine here.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

you like the way you think, new guy.

Hi all,

First thread.
    Hello Invincible Dom! Welcome To The Site!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Spectacular Member

thanks for the greeting...

Incredible Member

Welcome to Rumbles.
    And, as others have pointed out, this line of thought is just what it should be.

We go by high-end, consistent feats.
    Wolverine, while having high damage capabilities, is not cutting something that he has not shown the ability to cut.
    Much the same as it is not consistent that he beats Lobo.

As for the fights themselves, I am not sure Wolverine can take any of these guys.
    Maybe Multiple Man? I do not know anything about the guy sadly.
    Pretty sure the rest take him out.
    Fantomex is a little blurry for me too, to be fair, so I will abstain from making a comment there.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Welcome!

And yes, Logan loses to them all. His best chances are against Betsy and maybe Jamie, but starting distances give either enough time to mind frag or multiply enough that Logan simply cannot defeat enough Jamie's.
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles Post
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner of SO's Item/Weapon Shop

Spectacular Member

Thanks everyone for the welcomes,

Yeah, I kind of agree with the group, but I was using this to weigh the forum, So I know where I stand. Other places have Wolverine going against the likes of:

WBH
    Wonder Woman
    Thanos
    Silver Surfer

etc... I think they only gave them normal human speed and not being able to use energy powers but it was very difficult for me to justify even with those limitations. Chaos and personal thoughts of, "why am I even here?" ensued

EDIT: Since the group is kind of consistent on Wolverine not winning, what is the lowest level, individual 616 Character needed to help Wolverine clear? So Wolverine can't but Wolverine Plus X Character can. Of Course Sentry can but that doesn't add anything... but just enough to make it a good fight with Wolverine and "Blank" coming out on top.
    Last edited by InvincibleDom; 07-15-2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: edit for clarity

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Classic Rogue maybe? Weaker than Colossus, but faster and can probably throw Logan hard enough he can stab Piotr.
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles Post
    SHR Creator
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner of SO's Item/Weapon Shop

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Classic Rogue maybe? Weaker than Colossus, but faster and can probably throw Logan hard enough he can stab Piotr.
    Or use him as a distraction to get her hands/lips on the big guy....