Default What's your ultimate WW story to tell with a cowriter and artist?

So, DC taps you to bring one of your ultimate Wonder Woman stories to life. One of the catches - you need to team with a cowriter. Who do you choose to work with as a cowriter and who do you choose to do the art? What's a story are you dying to tell about Diana?

I'd team with Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok. Ever since JSA, I've always admired Geoff's ability for characterization. Additionally, I appreciate his ability to reexamine past concepts from the history of comics and characters and revamp it for a modern re-telling. I admire his talent to creatively play with continuity and find interesting nuggets/extrapolate characters' tendencies to freshen up concepts. I'd imagine he's fun to sit with in a writer's room too and brainstorm character, plot, etc.

As for Fabok, I liked his work on Justice League for the Darkseid War story, especially the Diana and the New Gods designs (as well as the action sequences.) Kalibak seemed menacing for the first time to me.

The story I would tell is Diana being catapulted to Earth 3 and having to team with Superwoman's villains on that Earth to stop Superwoman, her lackeys, and the Amazons from Damnation Island from a dastardly scheme to rule Earth 3.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 07-14-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

Jimenez for co-writer, no question.

It would be easy to tap PJ for art duties as well, but I'm going to have to confess a fondness for Bernard Chang on this one. His Wonder Art is just breathtaking...

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Gail Simone as co-writer, Phil Jimenez as artist.

Or Nicola Scott. Tough call

Truths and Fables
    Gail Simone co-writer
    Jason Fabok artist
    Phil Jiminez artist
    Promised power beyond imagine, Clea is instructed to gather a list of powerful beings and attack different points of the power on the Earth. Clea goes about the earth freeing and recruiting other women of power to aid her. Along the way she gathers Osira and Gundra each of whom had similar dreams and promises made. As the trio begin attacking sites of mystical power, they attract the attention of Wonder Woman. Along the way, Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark join the battle. As each of the sites of power are destroyed, a portal is opened and the group is pulled into another dimension and all are chained up before a giant throne on which sits the Queen of Fables.
    The Queen sets forth several labors for Diana, Donna and Cassie as part of her storybook dementia and powers. Along the way, they battle storybook and mythological villains including Osira, Clea and Gundra. At one point, Donna finds herself in an enchanted forest and comes face to face with a pale skinned female woman that is chained to a cave and who calls her sister. It is revealed that Hecate working with the Queen of Fables set the Dark Angel free who took the form of Donna Troy during the fake amazons' creation. Donna was pulled into the Queen's realm and through her power, the everyone on Earth forgot Donna existed (which is why Wally West remembered her and when he touched the disguised Dark Angel, she took his memories of Donna.) Donna battles Dark Angel and returns triumphant dragging the demon princess behind her. Hecate reveals herself to Cassie and begins to reveal some of Cassie's heritage to her. Letting her go, Cassie finds Donna and the two find Diana who is battling all manner of story book creatures. The three defeat the creatures and the Queen of Fables as well. Hecate congratulates the trio on their win and transports them back to earth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The story I would tell is Diana being catapulted to Earth 3 and having to team with Superwoman's villains on that Earth to stop Superwoman, her lackeys, and the Amazons from Damnation Island from a dastardly scheme to rule Earth 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Truths and Fables
    Gail Simone co-writer
    Jason Fabok artist
    Phil Jiminez artist
    Promised power beyond imagine, Clea is instructed to gather a list of powerful beings and attack different points of the power on the Earth. Clea goes about the earth freeing and recruiting other women of power to aid her. Along the way she gathers Osira and Gundra each of whom had similar dreams and promises made...
    I quite like these ideas - would buy.

I'm not much of a writer myself, but, I have done some editing. As the new, self-appointed WW editor, I can't justify my job with just one book. So, ...

Simone and Scott - Hippolyta Year One

Renae de Liz - Young Diana Adventures

Perez and Jimenez - Sisters (w/ Donna and Cassie)

Morrison and JH Williams III - Lassoing the Truth

Azzarello and Bermejo - Cheetah

Tales of the Amazons by Phil Jiminez

The Amazons' story from their past to their future.

Bonds By G Willow Wilson

A story focusing on Donna and Cassie

Zeus' Vengeance by Greg Rucka

Circe by Marjorie Lui

When Zeus goes to far the Amazons and their allies must stop him

Deception by Greg Rucka and Gail Simone

Heracles and cohorts try to turn public opinion against the Amazons

Hessia by G Willow Wilson

Artemis by Roxianne Gay

Akila by Marjorie Lui

Zara by Marjorie Lui

A Gemworld crossover by Renae de Liz

A Xombi crossover by Dennis Cowan and Greg Rucka

United by Greg Rucka

Diana helps reform JLI. Features Fire, Ice, Xiang Po, Black Condor, Phantom Lady, Alba Garcia, Nightshade among others

Sentinels of Magic

Cassie, Anita Fire, Secret, Equinox, Phantasm, Kid Devil

A story in which Diana meets the demigod daughter of the Native American creature named Coyote. Or some story of Diana meeting Napi aka Chief

WONDER WOMAN
    THE PURE HEIR

4 Book Miniseries (48 pages each) to be collected into a hardcover edition (192 pages) and then a trade paperback down the line.

Book 1 - The Pure Heir of Spring (Blue trim)
    Book 2 - The Pure Heir of Summer (Gold trim)
    Book 3 - The Pure Heir of Fall (Red trim)
    Book 4 - The Pure Heir of Winter (White trim)

Premise: The future is now. Queen Hippolyta has been murdered. And someone or something is killing the Greek pantheon one by one. An older Diana must navigate the treachery and danger with Steve Trevor at her side. Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark are crucial figures as Diana must deal with the Cheetah (Book 1), Circe (Book 2), Ares (Book 3) and the Mystery Final Villain (Book 4) before it is too late.

This would be THE Destiny Story for Wonder Woman that Batman got with THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and that Superman got with ALL-STAR SUPERMAN. This needs to be critically and commercially successful.

I'd want fresh blood for the creative team, a writer and artist combo that has not worked on Wonder Woman before.

Writer - Kelly Sue DeConnick
    Artist - Fiona Staples

Not sure what their actual availability is, but yeah, it's all-female creative team (that would also hold true for the inker, letterer, colorist and editor, if at all possible).

Mighty Member

You killed Hippolyta?

Incredible Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Someone is killing a god from each religious pantheon... Writer and Artist Gilbert Hernandez.

Wonder Woman 700 "Mirrors"

Co-author Phil Jimenez - Yannick Paquette Art

The story is an extra large anniversary issue patterned after Wonder Woman #300, loaded with guest stars and Wonder Woman's opposite numbers

Wonder Woman goes on a quest through time and the DC Multiverse in search of her missing daughter

Book One: Apokolips Then - The secrets of Myrina Black and Grail are revealed on Apokolips to a depowered Diana in high tech Amazonian armor

Book Two: Second Chance - The introduction to Earth 2's Fury and her Amazons to Wonder Woman Vs. Steppenwolf and the forces of Apokolips

Book Three: Third Strike - The stunning conclusion on Earth-Three with Diana in an all out brawl with Superwoman for the fate of Lyta Trevor