• Shadow King

7 17.50%
  • Juggernaut

5 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pick an X-Villains powers/skill to fight the X-Men

Magneto
    You have the superhuman power to control magnetism. You can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially over vast distances. With a thought, you can easily repel or attract metal objects of varying sizes. You can erect magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability around yourself for protection. Although your primary power is magnetism, you have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related the electromagnetic spectrum (cosmic-ray photons, gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet radiation, visible light, infrared radiation, microwaves, and radio waves) and gravity fields. You also have limited powers of astral projection and telepathy.

Black Queen
    You have the telekinetic ability to manipulate inanimate objects or cause inanimate objects in your presence to disintegrate. You also possess low-level telepathy; pyrokinesis over any fire in your presence, eye to eye contact hypnosis; enhanced durability; superhuman strength (1 ton), superhuman running speed (175 mph) and reaction time; You’re able to psionically drain life force to retard aging process and increase healing. You can assume a shadow form to ensnare others. You can also wield magic to a devastating effect and can use it for various uses like enchantments, energy bolts, and shields etc…

Apocalypse
    You are virtually immune to aging and can manipulate your body on the molecular level, allowing you to shape change and elongate your body parts with virtually unlimited range. You can increase your density and allow your body to mimic metals and armors. Through unknown means, you can teleport over a vast distance. You can increase your strength to levels surpassing that of the Hulk (Class 100 tons), grow to giant sizes, and gain the power of flight, sometimes through turning your arms into wings or jets. You can also transform yourself into a variety of human disguises. You also have an undefined level of psionic abilities and energy projections.

Shadow King
    You are one of the more powerful mutant telepaths in the world, enabling you to read minds, communicate mentally with others over vast distances, stun the minds of others with "mental bolts," control the minds of others and create illusions in the minds of others. You exist entirely as an astral creature but you can possess or subliminally control a physical body, even using the host's psionic powers if any. You can also use your psionic powers to heal physical injuries on your host body.

Juggernaut
    You are an irresistible, unstoppable being. Once you began to walk in a given direction, no obstacle or force on Earth is able to stop you. Some obstacles, for example, many tons of rock, or forces such as plasma-discharge cannons slowed your pace considerably, but nothing stopped you permanently from advancing. You have vast superhuman strength (Class 100) and an extraordinary degree of resistance to all forms of injury. You can shield yourself even further from injury by mentally surrounding yourself with a force field.You can survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen and wear a helmet that protects you from most mental attacks

Pick a primary and secondary powerset if you like.

I wanted to add Mister Sisinter and Madelyne Pryor but felt their powers have aleady been used in the poll.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-15-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Whether you intended it or not, your poll is multiple choice...so...

Probably Black Queen, though.
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

Selene the Black Queen for the word 'magic'.
    Apocalypse for the word 'undefined'.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I mean Apocalypse is basically a god so I gotta go with him. Unless we're talking about kid Apocalypse because if that's the case Wolverine will one shot lol
    Please bring back any Wolverine.

The Black Queen. Selene has always been the scariest of X-Villains and she has been underused by writer... 17,000 years old? One can make her do whatever!
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Of the versions of the characters described, Black Queen then Apocalypse. Normally it'd be the Shadow King.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Whether you intended it or not, your poll is multiple choice...so...

Probably Black Queen, though.
    I did that on purpose. Most will pick a primary and a secondary.

Magneto and Shadow King probably. If I had to choose it would be Shadow King. Telepathy is awesome.
    Magneto/Cyclops/Jean Grey/Batman/Bane
    Deathstroke/Punisher/Moon Knight

I think to go up against the team-- and win, at least for a time-- it would take someone with multiple powers.

I went with Selene first, Juggy second and Apocy third.

Not sure if Selene really has been shown letting loose with all her powers, but I believe her to be quite powerful and underestimated.

Juggy has what it takes to beat the X-Men.

Apocy might be able to beat the X-Men if he presses his advantage, quickly shifting to his various arsenal of powers.

As far as I know Selene and Apocalypse have never faced each other in combat -- but, if it came down to it... Who would absorb who?
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Selene, she is the first mutant after all. Unless that's been retconned away recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Selene, she is the first mutant after all. Unless that's been retconned away recently.
    No, it hasn't... Well, not exactly
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

I give the fight to Apocalypse. At base level, I put Selene below Loki and Apocalypse beat him.

Astonishing Member

I am leaning towards Selene as my pick, but have not yet made up my mind. I say Selene because she can boost her power levels as high as she wants by devouring more and more life force before taking on the X-Men. If I had her powerset and had to fight the X-Men, I would devour enough life force to boost my telepathy to where I could beat the X-Men psychics (because lets face it, if you are going to fight the team, you do need some kind of way to counter their telepaths) and my magic would also be boosted from draining the life force of a bunch of people prior to the battle. None of the X-Men, save Magik, have ways of countering sorcery, and Magik can easily be taken out with Selene's control over inanimate objects. The mystic arts is Selene's path to victory.

I don't think any of the other villains listed has a credible way to beat the X-Men save maybe Shadow King. While there are characters on the X-Men who can beat out his telepathy (namely Ororo), he can possess somebody like Rachel, thus adding her powers to his own, and take over the rest of the team to defeat those who can beat out telepathic attacks. Until he takes possession of somebody, he can chill out on the Astral Plane where physical powersets like Storm's, Iceman's, Cyclops's, etc can't affect him and he can beat out the X-Men telepaths that may challenge him. Not only this, but he can also body jump if the person he is possessing takes a lot of damage.

Hmmm...yeah, this is between Selene and Shadow King. I don't know who I will pick, but after writing this out, I am thinking Shadow King as my first pick and Selene as my second. I am not even going to consider Magneto or Apocalypse as neither character stands a chance without some serious PIS weakening strategic X-Men members.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-15-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Shadow King has been beaten.

And even if Shadow King increases his mental powers, combine Jean, Charles, Emma, Betsy and Rachel into a psychic team. Shadow King will go down.