118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, its pretty good.

63 53.39%
  • Nah, its pretty bad.

55 46.61%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I love the cast of X-men Gold but I am not sold on the stories. I feel like everyone has been dumbed down to make Kitty look good as leader. There are elements that I like of what I've read so far and I am continuing to buy the book to support it. Rachel is my favorite character of this line up and I look forward to seeing how she develops during this run. I kind of feel like Storm isn't being used properly and should would benefit from being in a non X-men book saving the world and stuff if she doesn't want to lead.
    yes yes and yes. the dumbing down of veteran members is why I can't get on board with this book. storm should have declined her request to stay as she has done nothing of value imo.

Well after all Gold for now is still outselling Blue and I think that the return of Omega Red is going to be a good arc, although a change of uniforms would help a lot .

Hound & Cosmic Traveller Askani's Flame's Avatar

I love the cast of X-men Gold but I am not sold on the stories. I feel like everyone has been dumbed down to make Kitty look good as leader. There are elements that I like of what I've read so far and I am continuing to buy the book to support it. Rachel is my favorite character of this line up and I look forward to seeing how she develops during this run. I kind of feel like Storm isn't being used properly and should would benefit from being in a non X-men book saving the world and stuff if she doesn't want to lead.
    All of this. I think that Rachel's received a nice little push, but others like Storm are languishing. Writing is ok, but for me it's because of the cast. How many original stories/threats can you create for the team that has been shown together for like 40 years? None.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    All of this. I think that Rachel's received a nice little push, but others like Storm are languishing. Writing is ok, but for me it's because of the cast. How many original stories/threats can you create for the team that has been shown together for like 40 years? None.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this shifted focus becomes a theme. Maybe Storm will get a fabulous spotlight arc, but then go back to being background fodder. It would be fine if it wasn't so one dimensional. Why can't all these character movements occur at the same time?

The quality of the first six issues range from mediocre to bad, in my opinion. So I dropped the book.
    Jason Aaron's Star Wars: January 14th 2015-October 4th 2017.

"Iron Man, Iron Man, Does whatever an iron can; presses pants really fine, keeps those pleats right in line. Hey there, there goes the Iron Man!"

the mystery of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants is why I bought it. the lameness of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants is why I dropped it.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I'd rather read Blue and I hate the o5 X-Men

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Its ok. I love the team.
    Wolverine,Rogue,Gambit,Jubilee Jean Grey top 5 x-men Favorites

All-New Member

Generally speaking, yes. It's certainly a step in the right direction given what X-Fans have endured for the past several years.

That said, the Kitty as hyper aggressive leader thing is completely overdone and distracting. Also, the pacing and clarity of storytelling could use some more attention -- things feel a bit sloppy sometimes. (But I feel that way about most modern comics.) Also, Rachel needs to ditch that terrible new costume and ridiculous new name.

But overall, I think they're at least finally trying. I like the tone, feel, and cast. I also really like seeing Piotr and Kitty together again. I can get behind those things, if nothing else.

Spectacular Member WalterO5james's Avatar

it`s ok but not more than that

I love the cast of X-men Gold but I am not sold on the stories. I feel like everyone has been dumbed down to make Kitty look good as leader. There are elements that I like of what I've read so far and I am continuing to buy the book to support it. ......
    Yeah, this.

Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamGuthrie1977 View Post
    Also, Rachel needs to ditch that terrible new costume and ridiculous new name.
    Agreed. The costume is hideous and the codename is so random. She should just go back to Phoenix since no one else is using it. Especially since the last time she took that name, Jean returned not much later...

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Agreed. The costume is hideous and the codename is so random. She should just go back to Phoenix since no one else is using it. Especially since the last time she took that name, Jean returned not much later...
    Rachel should go back to her other codename that starts with letter R.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

[SIZE=2]You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist/SIZE]

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

So boring and I don't like Kitty, she's trying too much idk
    No one’s gonna take my soul away - Lana del Rey

Fantastic Member

I don't care for it much. Kitty's a cool character but I definitely feel they're harming the other characters as they try to make her the best possible leader. The stories have been pretty stale as well.