Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107
  1. #1
    Incredible Member Lokimaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default Why do people seem to love Asshole Batman so much?

    You see it in a ton of Youtube videos. It's like some people feel that as long as Batman's being a dick to everyone around him all is right with the world. Gone are the days of ultra compassionate BTAS Batman.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member Jaddor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Batman is the tortured broody narrative figure and it is very appealing to men and even more appealing to women. the blind batman love has lead to some grand delusions. this people you talk about are convinced that batman is the most powerful hero in all of comics even if superman and wonder woman can squish him like a bug.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Batman is the tortured broody narrative figure and it is very appealing to men and even more appealing to women. the blind batman love has lead to some grand delusions. this people you talk about are convinced that batman is the most powerful hero in all of comics even if superman and wonder woman can squish him like a bug.
    People see Batman as THE MOST BADASS HERO EVER. He will school Superman with prep time. Every hot woman will want to make love with him. He will do both while being an asshole to everyone around him, and no one will call him out because they are scared of him. Blame Frank Miller but people buy this sh*t. Even some remarks by Zack Snyder sounds like he prefer that version of Batman. It reflects the idea that gritty is modern and popular.

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    393

    Default

    When Batman is a complete asshole. I always wonder why his family and friends stick around. They all must be an extremely loyal bunch! luckily recently Bruce has been alpt more human and nice to everyone around him, which I like alot more.

  5. #5
    Incredible Member Jaddor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    People see Batman as THE MOST BADASS HERO EVER. He will school Superman with prep time. Every hot woman will want to make love with him. He will do both while being an asshole to everyone around him, and no one will call him out because they are scared of him. Blame Frank Miller but people buy this sh*t. Even some remarks by Zack Snyder sounds like he prefer that version of Batman. It reflects the idea that gritty is modern and popular.
    THE MOST BADASS HERO EVER goes to Wolverine who will also squish him like a bug, the only people that see him as the most THE MOST BADASS HERO EVER are his blind fans. I think good old bats has had many cheesy and cringey moments in his lifetime to get that title away from wolverine who was always a bad ass from the start. I am a fan of Batman but not a blind one that has elevated him to godlike level. He will school superman in prep time because the writers are also blind fans and could care less about neutrality. fiction has the perfect word for what batman has become in the past years. mary sue characters.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Nite-Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    You see it in a ton of Youtube videos. It's like some people feel that as long as Batman's being a dick to everyone around him all is right with the world. Gone are the days of ultra compassionate BTAS Batman.
    You say ultra compassionate BTAS Batman and yet that show and its legacy is the main reason Batman is a dick to everyone now
    That Batman ended up old and alone with no one but a dog to keep him company after he quit

    Then again this isn't just an issue for Bruce everyone in the bat family has this problem to some degree

  7. #7
    Stuck in Limbo Red obin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    987

    Default

    I do hate random people who think 'because i'm batman' is a funny line. It was funny once or twice but got stale after that.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

    "Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    I do hate random people who think 'because i'm batman' is a funny line. It was funny once or twice but got stale after that.
    I knew someone in college who used to constantly post it in the comments of people's Facebook statuses, to the extent that a few blocked him. Also, this person, having never a read a comic in his life, constantly proclaimed that Batman was the only "interesting" DC character and that the rest were irrelevant. This guy also loved the movie versions of Wolverine and Iron Man, for the exact same reasons as Batman: because they're dicks.
    Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 07-15-2017 at 05:30 AM.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    People see Batman as THE MOST BADASS HERO EVER. He will school Superman with prep time. Every hot woman will want to make love with him. He will do both while being an asshole to everyone around him, and no one will call him out because they are scared of him. Blame Frank Miller but people buy this sh*t. Even some remarks by Zack Snyder sounds like he prefer that version of Batman. It reflects the idea that gritty is modern and popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Batman is the tortured broody narrative figure and it is very appealing to men and even more appealing to women. the blind batman love has lead to some grand delusions. this people you talk about are convinced that batman is the most powerful hero in all of comics even if superman and wonder woman can squish him like a bug.
    It has nothing to do with power levels, who can beat who. I like him being a dick simply because I find it more entertaining.
    I enjoy Superman the most when he is in full on Superdickery mode.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    THE MOST BADASS HERO EVER goes to Wolverine who will also squish him like a bug, the only people that see him as the most THE MOST BADASS HERO EVER are his blind fans. I think good old bats has had many cheesy and cringey moments in his lifetime to get that title away from wolverine who was always a bad ass from the start. I am a fan of Batman but not a blind one that has elevated him to godlike level. He will school superman in prep time because the writers are also blind fans and could care less about neutrality. fiction has the perfect word for what batman has become in the past years. mary sue characters.
    There is no such thing as the most Badass hero ever since that is based on personal opinion.

  11. #11
    Heir of Batman adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    3,758

    Default

    I canīt add more, the people say the reasons..

    I begin with BTAS.. However, I donīt see nothing wrong in batman in the comics.. Maybe because I see Batman in many movies before my begin in the comics and I see the character in different ways... And that BTAS Batman lose all his allies before Batman Beyond..

    You are not a Bat-fan you CANīT understand that.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-15-2017 at 05:58 AM.

  12. #12
    DC Comics Historian
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    214

    Default

    We all saw over the years in B:TAS though Bruce's outlook on things basically start to turn jaded. Especially with Harvey being taken by Two-Face and Andrea Beaumont becoming another criminal in a long line of evil mistresses. Eventually a guy like that has to focus on what matters and it's what gets him through the day.

    In some ways it's all in the irony to be honest. Because not only does it show the Batman at his best but it shows US as readers no matter who we are and whatever we are doing no matter how hard we try to be "The Batman of" whatever like say "Teaching Trigonometry to HS Students" if you aren't an actually good approachable person it may not yield very impressive results.

    When it comes to the Batman can beat anyone debates I don't think any true heart and soul Batman fans actually come into the many Batman VS (Insert here) arguments very seriously. You can always tell by the first person who asks whether or not Bruce has prep time. However, you can't sit there and tell me that Batman staring down Darkseid in Final Crisis and straight up raising his voice and treating him like a b*tch waiting to be paid on the way out wasnt BADASSERY at it's finest I don't know what to do with you. It's literally the James Bond trope. We love that the man can seemingly fit his round pegged ass into a square peg hole if can find the time to do so and he doesn't care what anyone thinks about it because he is going to save the world.

    It's the same reason people love The Doctor in Doctor Who. Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock. Wolverine in X-Men etc etc etc. Because eventually if you're a villain or a hero that is up and coming you are going to have look the guy up and say "DAYUM" even though half of it kind of like Logan said about the X-Men stories in LOGAN didnt even happen that way.

    Does that make sense?
    Last edited by theonetruebatman; 07-15-2017 at 06:06 AM.

  13. #13
    Incredible Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    You see it in a ton of Youtube videos. It's like some people feel that as long as Batman's being a dick to everyone around him all is right with the world. Gone are the days of ultra compassionate BTAS Batman.
    What elements of his character do you take to conclude that he is a Dick? Is it the 'my way or the highway' attitude? The arguments surrounding the moral high ground? The cold bossiness he exudes towards everyone? Or the one worded smart mouth or condescension he has towards others? You cited BTAS as a compassionate version of Batman, but on what grounds do you yourself consider him compassionate? As some have mentioned, Batman ends up driving his entire family away (technically) in the conclusion of the animated universe, which sounds like the definition of Dickery. Where you referring to the fact that he made more attempts to help the arkham patients when you cited that? eg: Helping rehabilitate Harley Quinn.

    Personally I hate when Batman is a Dick to others. I like the 'sassiness' every now and then, its funny to hear and most the time its harmless. However when he is a Dick towards his friends and family you have to wonder why anyone would put up with his nonsense after a while.
    Last edited by RedBird; 07-15-2017 at 09:02 AM.

  14. #14
    Incredible Member Jaddor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    What elements of his character do you take to conclude that he is a Dick? Is it the 'my way or the highway' attitude? The arguments surrounding the moral high ground? The cold bossiness he exudes towards everyone? Or the one worded smart mouth or condescension he has towards others? You cited BTAS as a compassionate version of Batman, but on what grounds do you yourself consider him compassionate? As some have mentioned, Batman ends up driving his entire family away (technically) in the conclusion of the animated universe, which sounds like the definition of Dickery. Where you referring to the fact that he made more attempts to help the arkham patients when you cited that? eg: Helping rehabilitate Harley Quinn.

    Personally I hate when Batman is a Dick to others. I like the 'sassiness' every now and then, its funny to hear and most the time its harmless. However when he is a Dick towards his friends and family you have to wonder why anyone would point up with his nonsense after a while.
    Alfred will only keep saying..Master Wayne, Master Wayne, Master Wayne and do more house cleaning

  15. #15
    Incredible Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    What elements of his character do you take to conclude that he is a Dick? Is it the 'my way or the highway' attitude? The arguments surrounding the moral high ground? The cold bossiness he exudes towards everyone? Or the one worded smart mouth or condescension he has towards others? You cited BTAS as a compassionate version of Batman, but on what grounds do you yourself consider him compassionate? As some have mentioned, Batman ends up driving his entire family away (technically) in the conclusion of the animated universe, which sounds like the definition of Dickery. Where you referring to the fact that he made more attempts to help the arkham patients when you cited that? eg: Helping rehabilitate Harley Quinn.

    Personally I hate when Batman is a Dick to others. I like the 'sassiness' every now and then, its funny to hear and most the time its harmless. However when he is a Dick towards his friends and family you have to wonder why anyone would point up with his nonsense after a while.
    Yes this is true. It's like Batman is that guy who is an ass to everyone but for some reason, people still want to be friends with him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •