Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default How would Marvel fans feel about Disney Princesses Cos play as Marvel heroines ?

With the recent news of Wreck-it-Ralph 2 sequel having a scene uniting ALL OF THE DISNEY PRINCESSES in one scene, then we seen Marvel did that with their Female heroines and a similar thing with DC and their Super Heroines. We have also seen various fan art showing Disney Princesses as Marvel Super heroines.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ses/481531001/

So why not if Marvel is willing have a series of Variant covers where Disney Artists shows the Disney Princesses Cos-playing as Marvel Super heroines. I mean there's fan art and then there's OFFICIAL ART.

IF there's one thing that Disney has over WB is more Females for girls to be inspired by...sort of.

As Marvel fans what do you think of having the Disney Princesses cos-play as Marvel Super Heroines ?

it be a fun variant cover gimmick.

Ultimate Member

Some people will take it for what it is...a fun gimmick.

Some people will rip up the comics.

I think it would be a cool variant month, but who'd be who?
    Check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

I NEED a Invisible Woman solo! It's got to happen sometime right?......right?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

Yeah. I have absolutely NO interest in this, but what's the harm? OMFG! Is Marvel trying to sell a few more copies and expand to other areas of fandom? Well, yeah. When haven't they?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would do this

Yeah, do you imagine what would happen if there is a cover with Elsa dressed as Emma Frost ?.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yeah, do you imagine what would happen if there is a cover with Elsa dressed as Emma Frost ?.
    I rescind my "absolutely no interest" comment.

I'd say it's been done. Twice. (OK, it's actually been done way more than that, but these two sets are just really good.)

Also, it includes Elsa as Emma Frost, but it's her Astonishing-era costume, not the lingerie.

And a collection of them.

tumblr_nirowmOALX1qmyzbvo1_r1_500.jpg

As for the idea of Marvel doing it as a bunch of variant covers? Hell yeah. It'd be great. Anyone who says otherwise simply hates fun and joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'd say it's been done. Twice. (OK, it's actually been done way more than that, but these two sets are just really good.)

Also, it includes Elsa as Emma Frost, but it's her Astonishing-era costume, not the lingerie.

As for the idea of Marvel doing it as a bunch of variant covers? Hell yeah. It'd be great. Anyone who says otherwise simply hates fun and joy.
    Well, all of that is fanart isnt it ?.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

Love that Pocahontas is X-23 considering that Evolution had her appear indigenous.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah. I have absolutely NO interest in this, but what's the harm? OMFG! Is Marvel trying to sell a few more copies and expand to other areas of fandom? Well, yeah. When haven't they?
    Haven't you heard? Marvel has been taken over radical political extremists and Disney is a major proponent of the SWJ agenda. The only way to fight this is for grown men to make videos of themselves ripping up comic books starring teenage girls.

Ultimate Member

Lots of people hate fun and joy when it's aimed at other people besides themselves.

Lots of people hate fun and joy when it's aimed at other people besides themselves.
    Yeah, just look what happened with the Manara's cover or the Batgirl cover.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yeah, just look what happened with the Manara's cover or the Batgirl cover.
    Those were simply inappropriate for the books they were done for. The comics were meant to be female-friendly and empowering. Those covers undercut that. That was the source of the complaints about them. The Batgirl cover wouldn't have gotten much attention as a Batman or Detective Comics cover, but as a Batgirl cover, it just didn't fit.

Context is always important.