Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lynda Carter Cameo?

Would you all want her to make a cameo ? Is there any news of Patty Jenkins if this is true?

http://www.etonline.com/news/221511_..._woman_sequel/
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Ultimate Member

From what I recall, they've said that they wanted Lynda to cameo in the first movie. But they couldn't make the schedules line up, and Patty has said that she wants to have Lynda cameo in WW 2.

And yeah I'd be all for it. I kind of had this idea that she'd play a politician of some kind. Maybe an associate/friend of Senator Finch (Holly Hunter's character from BVS).

Standing Member

There are people whose whole jobs involve coming up with stories that get publicity for an actor or a movie or both, so I don't pay this much mind.

But it makes me wonder how many actors from the current TV shows have appeared in the current movies--or actors from the current movies in the current TV shows? I know actors from past shows have appeared in current shows (a lot of them, including Carter) but do we see much crossover between current TV and movies?

Beach Baby, Beach Baby, there on the sand
    From July to the end of September
    Surfin' was fun, we'd be out in the sun every day.

Ultimate Member

Not to my knowledge. Like MOS had several actors from Smallville make small appearances. But nothing from current shows. However Lynda's role on Supergirl isn't very big (she basically popped up in a few episodes last season, but she wasn't a constant presence), so I don't think that that'd be much of an issue.

If they offer her more than a cameo, I say Myndi Mayer for Lynda Carter.

I don't like stunt cameos like this of anybody in anything. They break my suspension of disbelief.

See also Stan Lee in every Marvel movie.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There are people whose whole jobs involve coming up with stories that get publicity for an actor or a movie or both, so I don't pay this much mind.

But it makes me wonder how many actors from the current TV shows have appeared in the current movies--or actors from the current movies in the current TV shows? I know actors from past shows have appeared in current shows (a lot of them, including Carter) but do we see much crossover between current TV and movies?
    Can't think of anyone current. As far as I can recall Helen Slater is the only movie actor to appear on any of the DC TV shows recently that has had any significant role.
    And there was Christopher Reeve and Annette O'Toole in Smallville which had significant roles. As for cameos Mark Gibbon played Zod on Supergirl and was an oil worker
    in Man of Steel. Perhaps there were some other cameos that I am forgetting?

Spectacular Member

Although I've enjoyed Lynda Carter's more recent work as President Marsdin on Supergirl, I'm not sure she would be a great fit for the DCEU. The tone is quite different.

But, I'm open to it. And I trust that Patty Jenkins would only cast Carter in a role which was suitable and which wouldn't prove too distracting for the audience members who would recognise her as the original live action Wonder Woman.

I like it myself. It's always neat to see people again after they've had their turn as the star.

So if Patty is mentioned in the article is there any word she has been signed on to be the director ?
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Although I've enjoyed Lynda Carter's more recent work as President Marsdin on Supergirl, I'm not sure she would be a great fit for the DCEU. The tone is quite different.

But, I'm open to it. And I trust that Patty Jenkins would only cast Carter in a role which was suitable and which wouldn't prove too distracting for the audience members who would recognise her as the original live action Wonder Woman.
    If Captain Kirk can fit into the DCEU I'm sure Patty can find a role for Lynda that would be believable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So if Patty is mentioned in the article is there any word she has been signed on to be the director ?
    They'll probably make that announcement at Comic-Con, which starts this Thursday. So probably by the end of this week, we'll know.

As others have said, they wanted to bring Lynda in for the first movie, but they couldn't make it work because of schedule conflicts. They'll definitely bring her in for this next one.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I would think given Patty Jenkins track record so far, that any part Lynda gets wouldn't distract viewers from the current lead actress in the film.

I think people that oppose this probably just don't like or want to be reminded of the TV series.

Ultimate Member

Honestly I don't know how many causal viewers would even recognize Lynda these days. She looks kind of different now than she did back in the day.

It's too late at this point. Besides the WW film was so far removed from the WW tv show I wouldn't want my memories of the tv show tainted by association with the film that I hate.