Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Men (Holland and Garfield) vs Spider-Man (Maguire)

Now I think it's safe to say that Tobey is still the most powerful Live-Action-Spidey around.
    Buuuut, what about when Garfield and Holland team up on him?

Battle takes place within the skyline of New York.

This one's hard. Have to think about it.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Garfield could make a little bit of a fight of it on his own, so adding Holland would make it a tough fight for Maguire. That being said, I don't think Holland adds enough to tip the scales against Maguire, so I imagine he wins against the duo.

Garfield is the fastest. Tobey will have his hands full trying to tag him. The team also has much more quick and creative webbing feats. I could see them at least potentially wearing down Tobey's insane durability.

Maybe Tobey 7/10?
    Last edited by Morning; 07-16-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Garfield could make a little bit of a fight of it on his own, so adding Holland would make it a tough fight for Maguire. That being said, I don't think Holland adds enough to tip the scales against Maguire, so I imagine he wins against the duo.
    To be honest I think a composite of Holland and Garfield would have a better chance than them teaming up. Since he would have Garfield's speed advantage, with the addition of enough strength to hold his own physically, thanks to Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    To be honest I think a composite of Holland and Garfield would have a better chance than them teaming up. Since he would have Garfield's speed advantage, with the addition of enough strength to hold his own physically, thanks to Holland.
    I'd agree with that.

I don't think the Speed gap between Garfield and Tobey is THAT big to be honest.

Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If Holland can get some Taserweb (*Insert Rocket Raccoon laughing uproriously from the stands*) on Macguire, he and Garfield can get enough free shots to turn the battle rather significantly in their favor, especially if he follows it up with another round of Taserweb (*Insert Rocket Raccoon laughing uproriously from the stands*).

MCU Spider-man held the staten island ferry together by himself for a few seconds when all his webbing broke (and just before Iron-man came he stopped it dead in it's tracks), had a big multiple ton roof fall on him and broke out of it. I don't see how Tobey is that much stronger then him.

I WILL concede that he is far less experienced then the other 2, and slower (for now)

This is a 2 vs 1 fight which is a big deal. Toby is not going to 1 shot these guys, and MCU spidey's webbing will be a real hassle for Tobey to keep ripping apart.

if a powerd up Sandman and Venom cant put him down i dont see how they can....

The issue that the non Tobeys are going to have is how to deal with Tobey's INSANE soak and durability. Remember what Goblin's grenade did to the people at the party? Yes, it disintegrated them. Against Tobey, it... destroyed some of his mask. Remember what happened when Tobey lost his powers and fell like 20 stories to the ground? Yeah, he said uuuuugggggh and got up. He was repeatedly smashed through massive amounts of stone and concrete and didn't even show a bruise.

Thanks to ASM2, Garfield has a decent speed edge, but, unless this is a composite or a stack, I don't think that his strength is going to do more than make Tobey mad. Holland is strong as hell when he's desparate, maybe as strong as Tobey, but not as fast or as tough.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Remember what Goblin's grenade did to the people at the party? Yes, it disintegrated them. Against Tobey, it... destroyed some of his mask.
    the grenade that hit spiderman was not a disintegrater grenade fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    True. But he still took a grenade to the face. That's still some insane durability. What's the closest to that other Spideys came as?
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You know this how, exactly? It looks identical, and Normie was most definitely not holding back at that point in time. Is there any reason to think that it WASN'T a disintegrator?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You know this how, exactly? It looks identical, and Normie was most definitely not holding back at that point in time. Is there any reason to think that it WASN'T a disintegrator?
    One Grenade was a flash of light, the other was an explosion.