Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Should Jason Todd & Supergirl date?

I was thinking for some time. That Jason Todd & Super girl should date. I think that be a very interesting grouping and everyone involved with those two would be reacting to it in strange and unique ways.

Would make for a great story line. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    I was thinking for some time. That Jason Todd & Super girl should date. I think that be a very interesting grouping and everyone involved with those two would be reacting to it in strange and unique ways.

Would make for a great story line. What do you think?
    Isn't he Asexual?

I think he and Artemis make a far better couple personal.

Could make for an interesting story, but as someone who is reading Red Hood and the Outlaws, it would certainly be disappointing if he and artemis never end up as a couple at some point. The book has done a great job of really establishing both characters and a coupling would not feel forced or negatively affect either character.

As far as Red Hood and supergirl, I think that while it could be interesting, but it might come across as forced and end up angering fans instead of making them interested in the story.
    Favorite Characters

DC-Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Superman, Wonder Woman, Starfire, Flash(Barry), Deathstroke, Cyborg

Marvel- Thor (Odinson), Wolverine(Logan), Storm, Daredevil, Elektra, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, Spider-Man (Peter), Vision

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Nah. Classically Kara goes for a different type of guy. Her long-term love interest has always been Brainiac 5, and she has been known to harbor a crush on Dick Grayson periodically. She's not really into the darker type of guy. with the exception of the time she was with Power Boy but that was just a god awful time for her characterization altogether.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Incredible Member

Ins't Jason Todd the "douchebag, violent, failed Robin" or better saying, "douchebag, violent, failed Robin" until Damien appeared?

Standing Member

In my head canon, Jason Todd is just fifteen years old and Supergirl is twenty-four. So I think it would be illegal (depending on the state).
    If you would be beloved and die regretted
    Profit by the example of
    DASH

Been lurking since '08

Yep, cause on top of Talia, Rose, Starfire & Artemis, what Jason (and the batboys in general) need is to have sex with even more women in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Ins't Jason Todd the "douchebag, violent, failed Robin" or better saying, "douchebag, violent, failed Robin" until Damien appeared?
    No Jason didn't fail nor was he a douchebag. He died trying to save his mother. That makes him a hero
    Damian Wayne has saved the world twice which is more than any other Robin. The only robin to willingly give his life twice for others.

Seems like you've got some reading to do matey

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Could make for an interesting story, but as someone who is reading Red Hood and the Outlaws, it would certainly be disappointing if he and artemis never end up as a couple at some point. The book has done a great job of really establishing both characters and a coupling would not feel forced or negatively affect either character.

As far as Red Hood and supergirl, I think that while it could be interesting, but it might come across as forced and end up angering fans instead of making them interested in the story.
    I love their relationship in RHATO

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nah. Classically Kara goes for a different type of guy. Her long-term love interest has always been Brainiac 5, and she has been known to harbor a crush on Dick Grayson periodically. She's not really into the darker type of guy. with the exception of the time she was with Power Boy but that was just a god awful time for her characterization altogether.
    She never really seemed to care about Power Boy. PB tried to seduce her, but ultimately she just didn't care about him. Honestly I think that interaction was entirely motivated by PB's desire for her. IE, she'd have never have done anything but talking to him on her own.

Well, Jason wouldn't be the first bad boy/anti-hero she's dated in the past. Back when the artist and writers were depicting Kara as a white trash teenager.

To be fair... That was probably the most relatable version of Supergirl I've ever seen written. She actually acted like a person with powers and well... it made sense. Also, she seemed to be "just friends" with Boomerang.

Been lurking since '08

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    To be fair... That was probably the most relatable version of Supergirl I've ever seen written. She actually acted like a person with powers and well... it made sense.
    Thank you!

Thought I was the only one who felt this way. Best Supergirl hands down for me. Shame DC caved and gave us back Clark Kent lite.

I think it be more interesting if Jason and Kara had a thing when he was robin and they tried to rekindle it when they were older.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I love their relationship in RHATO

Yeah, it really is surprising how well that relationship has developed in only 12 or so issues. Even more surprising that it has been written by lobdell, in the same title where he did such a bad job writing Kori. Both characters are so well written and interact with each other so well, it really seems to elevate both characters as opposed to some relationships that seem to damage one character to elevate the other.

As far as Supergirl, I always thought that her and Tim Drake could be interesting but I am not sure of their ages anymore.
    Favorite Characters

DC-Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Superman, Wonder Woman, Starfire, Flash(Barry), Deathstroke, Cyborg

Marvel- Thor (Odinson), Wolverine(Logan), Storm, Daredevil, Elektra, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, Spider-Man (Peter), Vision