Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 231
  1. #1
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,859

    Default 15 Overpowered Mutants Who Can Destroy The World??

    Do you agree?

    http://www.cbr.com/15-overpowered-mu...FB-B&view=list

    15. Storm
    14. Magneto
    13. Iceman
    12. X-Man
    11. Magik
    10. Proteus
    9. Hope Summers
    8. Quentin Quire
    7. Mister M
    6. Apocalypse
    5. Legion
    4. Vulcan
    3. Matthew Malloy
    2. Franklin Richards
    1. Jean Grey

  2. #2
    Last of my kind ZNOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,579

    Default

    No... Halt this insanity!
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Do you agree?

    http://www.cbr.com/15-overpowered-mu...FB-B&view=list

    15. Storm
    14. Magneto
    13. Iceman
    12. X-Man
    11. Magik
    10. Proteus
    9. Hope Summers
    8. Quentin Quire
    7. Mister M
    6. Apocalypse
    5. Legion
    4. Vulcan
    3. Matthew Malloy
    2. Franklin Richards
    1. Jean Grey
    There are a lot of inaccuracies in the article and too many of these characters don't belong on the list.

    The characters who have demonstrated both the powerset and the ability to wield those power on a level capable of destroying the Earth are Storm, Franklin Richards, Legion, and possibly X-Man. The rest of the characters on the list require either being boosted by a Phoenix Force possession (Jean Grey, Quentin Quire, etc) or the use of technology to greatly enhance their powers (Magneto). Especially where Jean is concerned, she needs the Phoenix Force to be included on the list, but literally anybody can wield the PF now as demonstrated by AvX. Therefore, if Jean is included on the list, then every mutant needs to be on the list as well since any of them can wield the PF which would give them world-destroying powers.

    In the case with Magneto using technology to boost his powers, heck, if you gave Cyclops, Havok, or even Jubilee a machine to boost their powers, anybody with energy blasts could destroy the planet with the right tech boosting their powers high enough. Again, another epic fail.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-16-2017 at 07:40 PM.

  4. #4
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    479′S 12643′W
    Posts
    8,385

    Default

    I love you, Jean, but Franklin Richards should obviously be #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    No... Halt this insanity!
    Indeed. Storm? Quire? Really now...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  5. #5
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I love you, Jean, but Franklin Richards should obviously be #1.
    Indeed. Storm? Quire? Really now...
    Well, i think that i get what is reasoning; Franklin is more powerful, but as we all know (like we were told several times in AvX), Jean is the one that turns into the Dark Phoenix.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i think that i get what is reasoning; Franklin is more powerful, but as we all know (like we were told several times in AvX), Jean is the one that turns into the Dark Phoenix.
    Jean going Dark Phoenix is not her own power, though. That only happens when she gets possessed by a cosmic entity and the power it grants her drives her insane. A character doesn't get bragging rights when they require some outside source of power to do impressive feats. Also, anyone can wield the PF and anybody who does can destroy the planet with its power, so again, its not limited to Jean even in this regard.

  7. #7

    Default

    FP (full potential) Kitty Pryde. Tempus (she erased an entire version of 2099 by accident). Layla Miller (because she knows stuff). Onslaught (the less talked about him, the better). Does Red Onslaught count?
    Also, what do they mean by 'destroy the world'? Physically? By killing all the inhabitants? Cause Xavier was stated to be able to shut off every living thing's mind IIRC.

  8. #8
    Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Seems pretty accurate. I'd add Hyperstorm since as the son of Franklin and Rachel, that gives him genetic ties to #1 and #2 on the list.

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member Xargukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Doug Ramsey enslaved the entire world in Earth-12934 and then set about altering the past to enslave Earth-616 too. When you can begin to understand the language of reality, you can really mess with the fabric of space/time itself.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Mr M should be higher, and depending if they are still mutants mad jim jaspers along with Protege, if the one above all and the living tribunal have to step in to stop you, you should be on the list.

  11. #11
    I am Storm's fiance RLAAMJR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    22,492

    Default

    Cyclops should be on the list. He can use his optic blast to hit the core of the Earth and destroy the planet.

    Storm should rank higher.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.


    You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda


    "The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"


    Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

  12. #12
    Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Cyclops should be on the list. He can use his optic blast to hit the core of the Earth and destroy the planet.

    Storm should rank higher.
    Storm should rank higher than Magik and even Magneto imo. I disagree about Cyclops though because then the same could be said about Havok or another powerful energy absorber/cosmic battery like Bishop.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Apocalypse has never been a planetary threat or some of the other powers like telepathy the article says. If he had telepathy then he wouldn't have tried to take Professor X's powers during the Twelve crossover.

    The writer was probably reading one of those dishonest respect threads.
    Last edited by Man of Sin; 07-16-2017 at 09:23 PM.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  14. #14
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Jean going Dark Phoenix is not her own power, though. That only happens when she gets possessed by a cosmic entity and the power it grants her drives her insane. A character doesn't get bragging rights when they require some outside source of power to do impressive feats. Also, anyone can wield the PF and anybody who does can destroy the planet with its power, so again, its not limited to Jean even in this regard.
    Unlike Storm's ability to manipulate the solar wind, right ?.

  15. #15
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Storm should rank higher than Magik and even Magneto imo. I disagree about Cyclops though because then the same could be said about Havok or another powerful energy absorber/cosmic battery like Bishop.
    I completely agree with the bolded.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •