Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Mad Jim Jaspers should be in here, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Do you agree?

http://www.cbr.com/15-overpowered-mu...FB-B&view=list

15. Storm
    14. Magneto
    13. Iceman
    12. X-Man
    11. Magik
    10. Proteus
    9. Hope Summers
    8. Quentin Quire
    7. Mister M
    6. Apocalypse
    5. Legion
    4. Vulcan
    3. Matthew Malloy
    2. Franklin Richards
    1. Jean Grey

Do we count Alt Universe characters? How about New Sun not an omega but has killed his realities Phoenix and world.

BANNED

I wouldn't count telepaths at all since that I indirect.
    Reality Warpers shouldn't count either because duh...which leaves high powered telekinetics, elemental types and energy manipulators in general.

If apocalypse is going to be on this list he should at least be sharing his spot with genesis. I mean, genetically they're the same person.
    "Luck doesn't exist. There are no such things as coincidences. Anything can be rationalized, logic is essential, sense is irrelevant."
    -Future Evil Dictator. Or just me.

All New All Different Marvel Pull List: Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Spider Gwen, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, Agents of Shield

Obviously Marvel can just have all of my money at this point in time.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I wouldn't count telepaths at all since that I indirect.
    Reality Warpers shouldn't count either because duh...which leaves high powered telekinetics, elemental types and energy manipulators in general.
    Well, "high-powered" telekinetics are technically "reality warpers". The ability to mentally manipulate all matter is warping reality, not short of; breaking it down, reorganizing it, and instant materialization. In many instances, X-Man (Nate Grey) at full power was very much a reality warper, while not on Franklin or Legion's level, he walked that line fairly often. I can think of two cases off of the top of my head; pulling Xavier's physical body into the astral plane and then out again into the material world (both feats are fundamentally impossible), and the recreation of Maddy Summers' body, though I'm not certain what he can do on a global level that will lead "the end of days", maybe initiate a chain of events, but then a bunch of people could that. The writer seems to have misunderstood Legion. Yes, his individual personalities have their own powers. Thats not because he has a bunch of X-genes that allow that. He's a broad spectrum reality warper and each of his abilities have a segment of that power or at least simulate having their own power due to his ability "warp reality". His mental illness merely fuels the problem, not just exibiting MPS but the ability to give these personas life. This was resolved in Si's X-Men: Lagacy run, aka Legion solo.

Apocalypse shouldn't be on this list... he can cause the end of the world through his mechanizations (AoA: that timeline ended in atomic fire killing everyone), but hardly do it single-handedly. Again Magik can cause the end of the world by story plot. Nothing she can do can end the world. But a story can be written where her powers rip a hole in space-time large enough that it engulfs all of Earth over even the system, perhaps even the galaxy (would have been an awesome call-back to Inferno during Bendis' run where she was losing control of her powers following AvX). Another means would be opening a permanent gateway to Limbo and letting demons run free across the planet for all eternity, essentially bringing hell to Earth. Hope shouldnt be here either. She can be dangerous depending on who shes around. If this is the case, we might as well throw Rogue and Synch in.

Franklin Richards should be number one. Phoenix can destroy a solar system, sure. But Franklin can create entire universes as play-things. Think he cant snuff one out? Isn't there a cosmic rule? ; "do not antagonize Franklin Richards"
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-17-2017 at 05:13 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    There are a lot of inaccuracies in the article and too many of these characters don't belong on the list.

The characters who have demonstrated both the powerset and the ability to wield those power on a level capable of destroying the Earth are Storm, Franklin Richards, Legion, and possibly X-Man. The rest of the characters on the list require either being boosted by a Phoenix Force possession (Jean Grey, Quentin Quire, etc) or the use of technology to greatly enhance their powers (Magneto). Especially where Jean is concerned, she needs the Phoenix Force to be included on the list, but literally anybody can wield the PF now as demonstrated by AvX. Therefore, if Jean is included on the list, then every mutant needs to be on the list as well since any of them can wield the PF which would give them world-destroying powers.

In the case with Magneto using technology to boost his powers, heck, if you gave Cyclops, Havok, or even Jubilee a machine to boost their powers, anybody with energy blasts could destroy the planet with the right tech boosting their powers high enough. Again, another epic fail.
    The Phoenix isn't a boosted possession, it's a genetic mutation (possibly the peak of genetic mutation) and the elevation of consciousness to a higher plane. At least it's that way for the Phoenix on this list (Jean, Quentin, Hope). The sort of external possession you describe isn't really represented here (Cyclops, Emma, Xavier, etc). Also note that Nate should be a genetic Phoenix too although he's never manifested.

I'd also class Iceman as being correct on the list. We saw that he was a global level mutant when he was corrupted by that death seed, the only thing holding him back is really just his own insecurities and neuroses. He could very much destroy the world if he wanted, which makes sense given he's an Omega level elemental mutant.

And actually Havok might be another contextual possibility for global scale destruction. He survived being thrown into a sun and his resulting power boost even allowed his powers to manifest in new ways (like flight). Like his brother Vulcan his power ceiling really depends on the energy on hand he can redirect. Cyclops might be a possibility too but we've never seen him metabolize or manipulate the high energy levels his brothers have and his output as being pure force seems a step below Havok's plasma or Vulcan's whatever he feels like.

As reality warpers both Malloy and Proteus have the potential too. In both cases their powers had barely manifested and were already beyond several other characters on this list. I think the only strike against both is experience.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Franklin Richards should be number one. Phoenix can destroy a solar system, sure. But Franklin can create entire universes as play-things. Think he cant snuff one out? Isn't there a cosmic rule? ; "do not antagonize Franklin Richards"
    A mid-elevation (Dark) Phoenix can destroy solar systems. A fully elevated (White) Phoenix can cull entire timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Mad Jim Jaspers should be in here, clearly.
    Really it should be a list of reality warpers (Jaspers, Franklin, Wanda, Proteus, Malloy, Jamie Braddock, etc) and various genetic Phoenix (Jean, Hope, Rachel, Quire, Feron, Nate, etc). Those are not only localized global threats but also wider multiversal threats, they're really on another level from the (admittedly very powerful) elementals or energy weilders on this list.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    There are a lot of inaccuracies in the article and too many of these characters don't belong on the list.

The characters who have demonstrated both the powerset and the ability to wield those power on a level capable of destroying the Earth are Storm, Franklin Richards, Legion, and possibly X-Man. The rest of the characters on the list require either being boosted by a Phoenix Force possession (Jean Grey, Quentin Quire, etc) or the use of technology to greatly enhance their powers (Magneto). Especially where Jean is concerned, she needs the Phoenix Force to be included on the list, but literally anybody can wield the PF now as demonstrated by AvX. Therefore, if Jean is included on the list, then every mutant needs to be on the list as well since any of them can wield the PF which would give them world-destroying powers.

In the case with Magneto using technology to boost his powers, heck, if you gave Cyclops, Havok, or even Jubilee a machine to boost their powers, anybody with energy blasts could destroy the planet with the right tech boosting their powers high enough. Again, another epic fail.
    This post is utterly ridiculous

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    The Phoenix isn't a boosted possession, it's a genetic mutation (possibly the peak of genetic mutation) and the elevation of consciousness to a higher plane. At least it's that way for the Phoenix on this list (Jean, Quentin, Hope). The sort of external possession you describe isn't really represented here (Cyclops, Emma, Xavier, etc). Also note that Nate should be a genetic Phoenix too although he's never manifested.

I'd also class Iceman as being correct on the list. We saw that he was a global level mutant when he was corrupted by that death seed, the only thing holding him back is really just his own insecurities and neuroses. He could very much destroy the world if he wanted, which makes sense given he's an Omega level elemental mutant.

And actually Havok might be another contextual possibility for global scale destruction. He survived being thrown into a sun and his resulting power boost even allowed his powers to manifest in new ways (like flight). Like his brother Vulcan his power ceiling really depends on the energy on hand he can redirect. Cyclops might be a possibility too but we've never seen him metabolize or manipulate the high energy levels his brothers have and his output as being pure force seems a step below Havok's plasma or Vulcan's whatever he feels like.

As reality warpers both Malloy and Proteus have the potential too. In both cases their powers had barely manifested and were already beyond several other characters on this list. I think the only strike against both is experience.
    It's a cosmic entity that got warped into the Jean Grey mythos because her regular powerset were too boring and weren't on the same level as Nate Grey or Stryfe. Two mutants who have owned her in two panels.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Why is Matthew Malloy even on this list? Ugh, he was a one-note plot device

Franklin Richards, David Haller, and PF-empowered Jean Grey are really the major 3 in terms of powerful mutants (unless we get into truly wacky ones from the british isles but I try not think of all of them as canon, just too much)
    Phoenix powered Jean has done nothing. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Why is Matthew Malloy even on this list? Ugh, he was a one-note plot device
    And now doesn't even exist anymore - 100% agree that he was treated more like a way to move the plot over creating an actual character.
    My Favourite Quotes:

Emma/Kitty: "This children, is Kitty Pryde, who apparently feels the need to make a grand entrance/I'm sorry. I was busy remembering to put on all my clothes/So gushingly glad you could join us"

Emma: "I love what you've done with the place, Kitty. It's like every thirteen year-old girl's dream. Where do you keep the unicorns? And, oh look, a redhead. How novel"

Psylocke: "If you don't get that glass out of my face, I'm going to jam it sideways straight up your bum"

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Really it should be a list of reality warpers (Jaspers, Franklin, Wanda, Proteus, Malloy, Jamie Braddock, etc) and various genetic Phoenix (Jean, Hope, Rachel, Quire, Feron, Nate, etc). Those are not only localized global threats but also wider multiversal threats, they're really on another level from the (admittedly very powerful) elementals or energy weilders on this list.
    Agreed.

To be honest, there's one basic story to be told with reality warpers - either their power starts to turn them bananas, or their power is so vast they inadvertently start to commit horrible atrocities, in a fit of nervousness or because of an unfortunate social interaction. They all might as well deliver the speech that Coin makes in Terry Pratchett's Sourcery "I can't stay, everything I touch goes wrong, it's like trying to sleep on a heap of eggs! This world is too thin!"

This doesn't apply to Franklin, but then he has received exceptional parenting (from Susan, at least).

Of course some reality warpers are inherently malign, like Jaspers, but then he is a Tory politician
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 07-17-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Do we count Alt Universe characters? How about New Sun not an omega but has killed his realities Phoenix and world.
    I think it is just 616 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Do you agree?

http://www.cbr.com/15-overpowered-mu...FB-B&view=list

15. Storm
    14. Magneto
    13. Iceman
    12. X-Man
    11. Magik
    10. Proteus
    9. Hope Summers
    8. Quentin Quire
    7. Mister M
    6. Apocalypse
    5. Legion
    4. Vulcan
    3. Matthew Malloy
    2. Franklin Richards
    1. Jean Grey
    I think this list is inaccurate as well. And I think we are going by this the wrong way. Here's why.....the Mutants I've placed in bold have either the power to reality warp or powers who directly affect the Planet itself and can destroy it anytime they want. If thats what we are going by Mutants that can destroy the Planet the ones in Bold are your answers.

Jean Grey
    Quentin Quire
    Hope Summers
    X-Man
    Rachel Grey etc all Summers kids and Grey kids should not be on this list. Without the PF alone they can't directly affect the Planet let alone destroy it. Also, the PF is not hereditary LOL or Genetic(don't know what maddness that came from)

Apocalypse
    Magik
    Mister M
    Vulcan
    Legion
    Iceman
    These characters can make Earth a living HELL. Each one of them can manipulate large amounts of Energy. However, I have not seen either one of them directly affect the Planet. Not saying they can't, but I'm saying they have potential to.

I think Mutants with the power to directly affect the Planet like: Storm, Magneto, Magma etc. or Mutants that can actually reality warp: Franklin, Proteus etc are the ones to be in this list.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-17-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.

The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!