Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And i was not being sarcastic.

After all, the solar wind is still wind, right ?.
    In Storm's mind I guess so.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Longtime Reader

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Do you agree?

http://www.cbr.com/15-overpowered-mu...FB-B&view=list

15. Storm
    14. Magneto
    13. Iceman
    12. X-Man
    11. Magik
    10. Proteus
    9. Hope Summers
    8. Quentin Quire
    7. Mister M
    6. Apocalypse
    5. Legion
    4. Vulcan
    3. Matthew Malloy
    2. Franklin Richards
    1. Jean Grey
    Clickbait lists, >sigh<

Of those only X-Man (at peak power levels) and Vulcan are powerful enough to outright destroy a planet. Sadly, Nate Grey is still depowered as I understand it (just give him back his powers, already...) and Vulcan is missing, presumed dead (but Black Bolt survived the bomb, so I guess there's no reason Gabriel didn't too).

The two notable others (Jean, Magneto) would require enhancements to do so, as they are not naturally capable of such a feat (Phoenix for Jean and tech or something to boost his range for Magneto).

Storm is not powerful enough to affect the entire planet's atmosphere at once; though some writer's have admittedly seemed to imply that she could so. Even if she could, then why didn't she blow the M-Pox cloud away? It might have saved Cyclops. His optic blasts aren't powerful enough to destroy the Earth's core either.

Franklin Richards is a reality-warper, but basically little else on that scale (a big problem with his character, IMO), which means he could conceivably change or alter the world to the effect that it resembled something else or shifted in time and space, but probably not annihilate it (again, he might do that in some similar way, but not with pure destructive force, I mean).

The rest on the list; no. If any of them could, they would have done so already (Apocalypse, Legion, Proteus, etc).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Magneto demonstrated no planetary feet? What are you talking about? Magneto and Doom ate the top villains in Marvel. All they do is do feats no one can touch...wormholes(Excaliber #8(Surfer level)...Fatal Attractions(turned the world power off)...Magneto War(decimated the Magnetosphere)..if not for Joseph, they were dead. Simple as that. They couldn't do a damn thing to stop him.....being a ge ous that can up his powers is no detriment to Magneto..its why he's the A level and these sidekicks you're hyping up can't even stop Archangel on her good days.
    Magneto does not have any planetary feats. To take your "feats" in order:

1) Magneto created a small, man-sized wormhole. Nice, but not a big deal. Storm, on the other hand, has devoured millions of stars and planets all at once.

2) In Fatal Attractions, when Magneto "turned the world's power off", it did not happen as you state as you leave out pertinent details. Namely, Forge build a machine that, when activated, skewed the geomagnetic fields into a mesh so devastating that had Magneto entered the planet's atmosphere and attempted to use his powers, the EM field would have fed back upon him instantly killing him. Magneto noted what Forge's machine did to the EM field while he was a safe distance out in space. He retaliated by blasting the EM field while it was skewed to such a degree which is what resulted in global EMP. So, the circumstances surrounding Magneto turning off the lights around the world is hardly worth mentioning. Now, this brings me to my next point and your next feat.

3) In "Magneto War", the EM fields were in a natural state untampered by Forge's machine. Here, Magneto sought to turn off the lights around the world once again and had to build a machine to boost his powers in order to do so. This is irrefutable proof that the only reason he was able to turn off the lights around the globe in "Fatal Attractions" is because of the extenuating circumstances surrounding the unnatural state of the EM field in that story. To further cement this point, while plugged into the machine in "Magneto War", which boosted his powers, Astra broke the machine which forced Magneto to control all of that energy on his own without anything boosting his powers. As a result, he nearly died. He was lucky to survive, but he permanently burned out his powers and wrecked his body. He ended up having to build a machine to restore both his power and his body.

Now, lets look at Storm's feats:

1) As I mentioned earlier, she has wielded the power of an entire galactic core (millions of stars crammed into a relatively small area of space).

2) She redirected the full power of a mutant strong enough to split the planet like a ripe melon. Keep in mind that Magneto nearly killed himself by trying to control enough power to turn off the lights around the world. Turning off the lights is NOTHING compared to splitting the Earth like a ripe melon.

3) Prior to joining the X-Men, Storm was already powerful enough to turn off a hemisphere-sized hurricane with a gesture of her hands. Keep in mind that it is easier for Ororo to create storms than to dispell them.

4) Storm has channeled continent-sized blizzards through her body.

5) Storm saved the world once by pulling gamma rays out of a gamma ray gun and fusing them with the energies of the earth to create an elemental shield around the entire planet which deflected a blast from the sun.

6) Storm has commanded planet-sized solar winds.

7) Storm has literally de-atomized a Herald of Galactus.

...and I still haven't said it all.

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar

if crossovers are to be counted as canon then according to cerebro Jughead is the most powerful and dangerous mutant around as wolverine was saying at the end ofarchie vs punisher crossover. no doubt he could eat the whole world like Galactus if he realized his potential.LOL
    The Self is the only existing reality

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Excuse me, kiddo. Magneto has kicked Jean , Phoenix Jean, and Storm's ass. What on earth are you talking about? This happened because he's brilliant and a force of nature. He stopped Thor in two panels while Storm gets knocked out by kissing him? Wtf...get real. You're trolling gimmick is preposterous...Storm or Jean can't match Exodus..so how in the hell they gonna match a mutant that forced the world to hand over Genosha by force?
    1) Magneto beating Phoenix Force Jean is a non-feat since in that story, it was established that PF Jean's powers were scaled back to only rival Xavier's power levels. She was not at the cosmic levels she possessed when she defeated Firelord, a bonafide Herald of Galactus, in an earlier story.

2) Magneto admitted that Storm could beat him if she did not hold back. He has only been able to win against Ororo either because she holds back or her powers are scaled back or both!

3) The Magneto/Thor instance was PIS since Thor could have just absorbed Magneto's powers into his hammer as he did in another story. Not only that, but Thor's powers were greatly scaled back as well. Thor has feats under his belt that makes Magneto look like a joke.

4) Jean is far below Exodus's power levels. On that, we agree. With regards to Ororo, however, her high end feats put Exodus's power levels to shame. That whole story was PIS especially considering Exodus was stated in the arc to be a weaker psi than Xavier and just a novice with his powers. This means Xavier was both more powerful and more skilled than Exodus, so how in the world is he a threat to a lineup that includes Xavier, Storm (who has beaten psi of greater power and skill than Exodus), Sersi, etc? It's called PIS!

Magneto has racked some interplanetary feats since AvX. It's like you stopped reading this last decade rutog. His AvX fight with Ironman I think he drew power from Saturn

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Clickbait lists, >sigh<

Of those only X-Man (at peak power levels) and Vulcan are powerful enough to outright destroy a planet. Sadly, Nate Grey is still depowered as I understand it (just give him back his powers, already...) and Vulcan is missing, presumed dead (but Black Bolt survived the bomb, so I guess there's no reason Gabriel didn't too).

The two notable others (Jean, Magneto) would require enhancements to do so, as they are not naturally capable of such a feat (Phoenix for Jean and tech or something to boost his range for Magneto).

Storm is not powerful enough to affect the entire planet's atmosphere at once; though some writer's have admittedly seemed to imply that she could so. Even if she could, then why didn't she blow the M-Pox cloud away? It might have saved Cyclops. His optic blasts aren't powerful enough to destroy the Earth's core either.

Franklin Richards is a reality-warper, but basically little else on that scale (a big problem with his character, IMO), which means he could conceivably change or alter the world to the effect that it resembled something else or shifted in time and space, but probably not annihilate it (again, he might do that in some similar way, but not with pure destructive force, I mean).

The rest on the list; no. If any of them could, they would have done so already (Apocalypse, Legion, Proteus, etc).
    Thanks for your input. I disagree with what you said about Storm.

Storm has demonstrated on global level she can affect the planet. She most recently demonstrated this in her solo ongoing when she manipulated solar radiation that spanned the whole planet for over four hours and when she manipulated the Earth's electromagnetic field to vaporize a man-made tsunami that was going to wipe out Golden State Bridge.

She also has a global awareness and connection to the Earth that allows her to sense disturbances in the atmosphere from the completely different side of the world as demonstrated in the Xmen World Aparts.

In regards to the T-mist, even though Storm was poorly written (as many of the other elementals in that story) she was the only elemental shown to be able to displace the T-clouds unaided. Crystal and Iso were unable to move the cloud by themselves as the cloud was too "dense" for them.

That said, Storm should have very well been able to move and destroy the cloud to prevent it hurting as many people as it did but due to poor execution and thought out threats and just a lack of interest in the character it was never explained why she didn't attempt to destroy of move the cloud on her own.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-17-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this cbr article isn't about who kicked whose ass. it's about who can destroy a planet and from my understanding what rut said is true. Magneto has not demonstrated a planetary feat unaided without machinery. Storm has been beaten by Valkyrie but that doesn't mean she has the power to destroy a planet.
    Maybe, this thread should be renamed to say -- "15 overpowered mutant that haven't destroyed a planet"...
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Longtime Reader

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Magneto has racked some interplanetary feats since AvX. It's like you stopped reading this last decade rutog. His AvX fight with Ironman I think he drew power from Saturn
    Magneto not beating a man in a metal suit? Isn't that PIS? Just maybe?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I read that fight. Magneto did not do this under his own power. He used tech to boost himself up. In this instance, Iron Man build a satellite which enabled him, Tony, to tap into the EM fields of Jupiter. Since Jupiter has a stronger EM field than the Earth's, he was able to overpower Magneto. Noting the tide of battle turning against him, Magneto then used his magnetic powers to steal Tony's satellite from space and clothed himself with it. This boosted Magneto's powers enablingMagneto to tap into EM fields beyond the Earth's geomagnetic field. So, again, he used technology to boost his powers in this instance. In this case, he stole the tech from Iron Man.

He lost that fight. Just that feat itself was interplanetary

And that is still nothing compared to Storm summoning power from MILLIONS of stars and planets over LIGHTYEARS of space, INSTANTLY!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I read that fight. Magneto did not do this under his own power. He used tech to boost himself up. In this instance, Iron Man build a satellite which enabled him, Tony, to tap into the EM fields of Jupiter. Since Jupiter has a stronger EM field than the Earth's, he was able to overpower Magneto. Noting the tide of battle turning against him, Magneto then used his magnetic powers to steal Tony's satellite from space and clothed himself with it. This boosted Magneto's powers enablingMagneto to tap into EM fields beyond the Earth's geomagnetic field. So, again, he used technology to boost his powers in this instance. In this case, he stole the tech from Iron Man.
    Did it explicitly say the suit boosted him. It was just a suit to breathe in space iirc

Astonishing Member

Iron Man has ways of repelling magnetic assaults. Remember, he can use tech to reverse polarities and throw Magneto's powers back at him. This kind of tech has given Magneto trouble in the past. I know that Sebastien Shaw used such tech against Magneto in New Mutants #75. It took all of Magneto's power to both create a stronger charge than Shaw's suit and to overload the Black King. Anyway, I think Tony may have used a non-metallic suit in this fight. I don't remember, but it really wouldn't matter since Tony was able to throw a stronger charge than Magneto up until Magneto stole his tech from him.