Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean he really only ever won because he wore people down with his face.

He's slightly more effective than Wimp-Lo, basically.
    he didn't out fight other boxers. he just outlasted them. both mick and apollo said he wasn't that good a boxer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    honestly, i'm wondering the logic of putting rocky against robocop and a terminator. like, seriously. just how hard do you think rocky punches?
    Didn't robocop get knocked by a robot ninja who wasn't that much physically stronger than a human?

Well what about Drago then?

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

he didn't out fight other boxers. he just outlasted them. both mick and apollo said he wasn't that good a boxer.
    That's my point. He used his face to wear them down... They just beat on him until he could knock them out casually.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Fantastic Member

I think he has a problem with jason borne and below. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't borne bare knuckling for cash in a movie? Is this strictly a boxing match because a straight up fight leaves a lot of skills lacking. I mean rocky did have that one movie where he was street fighting Tommy Gunn, but a guy like borne is on another level.
    Last edited by InvincibleDom; 07-17-2017 at 01:41 AM.

At the start, it probably depends on whether it's an actual boxing match or just a street fight in some of the cases.

At the end, there are a bunch of characters Rocky has no right being anywhere near.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Didn't robocop get knocked by a robot ninja who wasn't that much physically stronger than a human?

Well what about Drago then?
    because he was a robot ninja.

so what do you think will happen to rocky's fist if he tries to punch something made of titanium?

Of the ones I know and am familiar with their hth fighting:

Martin Riggs: I've seen the movies but I don't remember anything about his abilities hth.

Pierce Brosnan James Bond: I don't remember him being very impressive in hth. He will be using attacks that Rocky normally would not have to defend against. But, without the ability to use conveniences in his environment, Bond is limited and I think Rocky takes this one.

John Wick: Haven't seen a lot of him but from what I have, probably a lot of hth tactics Rocky would have a hard time against although Rocky does have insane damage soak. Not sure on this one.

Daniel Craig James Bond: They both have crazy damage soak. I've only seen Craig's first Bond movie and he didn't seem that great hth plus we're removing his ability to use his environment so Rocky.

Jamie Braddock (Missing in Action)
    Walker Texas Ranger

Both basically Chuck Norris characters with abilities surpassing even Rocky. They both win.

Sean Connery James Bond : Again, hth and unable to use his environment and plot device conveniences, he could not have won most of his fights. Rocky takes this almost easily.

John Rambo: Too deadly and even more damage soak than Rocky.

John Matrix: Dude jumps out of an airplane at takeoff speed and isn't even scratched and throws a steel pipe through a guy and into a wall. Way beyond Rocky.

Jackie Chan (either real or movies): Jackie is too fast and skilled.

Bruce Lee (either real or movies): Vast difference between real and movies here but, either way, Bruce wins.

Leatherface: I've only seen the original version. No chainsaw. No weapons. Rocky wins.

Robocop (1987)
    Terminator (T-800)

Both bounce bullets. Rocky has no chance.

The Predator (make this "Predators" Predator or City-Hunter to make it fairer)

Even without weapons and armor, the predators are very superhuman even compared to Rocky.

If this is pure boxing with gloves, he may beat them all except for Matrix, the predator, robocop and terminator.
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies

For the first two movies but then there's his upgrade to Apollo Creed light in Rocky 3.
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies

Riggs is interesting, because like Rocky he is inconsistent. He is portrayed as a top-level hand-to-hand combatant in the first Lethal Weapon film, eventually defeating Gary Busey, who is approximately 10 times Mel Gibson's size, in a vicious martial art contest. As against that, though, he's not particularly effective in Lethal Weapon 2, seemingly somewhat outclassed by a South African hitman (who he eventually defeats) and in Lethal Weapon 4 he is basically humiliated by Jet Li's vastly superior martial arts skills.

In any event, given that Rocky is able to defeat a low level superhuman in Ivan Drago, Riggs is not the one to defeat Rocky IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    For the first two movies but then there's his upgrade to Apollo Creed light in Rocky 3.
    he got better but still relied on his soak to allow him to beat lang.

Stops at Robocop.

He's never getting past Bourne - not even in a full-on ruled boxing match. Bourne would one-shot him bare-handed, but even with gloves, it'd be over the moment Bourne decides to get serious, just like he does to some pretty badass bare-knuckle fighters in his last movie.

And as ridiculous as Rocky's soak is, he's not even close to Bourne's.

He also isn't getting past, well, any of these guys if it's an unruled street fight situation. He simply has no demonstrated skills for that, and is a crappy boxer to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Leatherface: I've only seen the original version. No chainsaw. No weapons. Rocky wins.
    in movie 2 Leatherface gets a chainsaw all the way through the gut and is blown up and survived in movie 3 he over powers a army special forces guy in h2h has the strength to rip a car trunk off and gets hes head bashed in with a rock and is up and walking by the end of the movie in movie 4 he shows off with speed and stamina killing and chasing ppl all night in movie 5 he gets beat down by 2 cops with clubs and gets right back up to kill them ya Leatherface murders rocky.

Incredible Member

3. John McClane
    Probably stops here.
    McClane is probably even tougher than Rocky. Dude shot himself to kill his enemy and took out a helicopter with a car...

23. Mike Myers (first two Halloween movies)
    24. Robocop (1987)
    25. Terminator (T-800)
    26. The Predator (make this "Predators" Predator or City-Hunter to make it fairer)
    27. Real World Freddy Krueger (no Necronomicon and Freddy has to wear boxing gloves instead of his dagger gloves)
    28. any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (live-action)
    29. Jason Voorhees (either human or zombie)
    30. Ryu from Street Fighter (if games or anime are too stompy, make it live-action films instead)
    DaFuq!?!?

BANNED

DaFuq!?!?
    All the guys in this part of the list can only use their hands. And if you think that's too one-sided, then replace Rocky with Drago.