All-New Member

Default The Apporter Mesh

Hello to every comic book fans !

I was reading the new Warren Ellis serie and I fell upon a term I have trouble understanding. (I'm not a native english speaker.)

Here is the context : the hero has a device which allows him to go through any solid surfaces. It's called the "apporter mesh"

I understand "apporter" is an unusual word in English which can be used in a supernatural context but still...

I wondered if some good samaritan could provide with some precisions, synonyms or anything that might help me understand better.

Here's the page (last panel)

Thank you all !

No clue . . . may just be an idea Ellis has. Have you read any interviews with him to see if he explains it there?

Okay here's my idea:

A mesh is usually a metal fence with very small holes/squares in it. Apporter sounds like French to me, as in 'to deliver'.
    So maaaaybe the apporter mesh is a device which allows the user to teleport between the holes of reality/molecules, to deliver themselves to a different location?

The Ant-Man film had a similar idea, where somebody could shrink down to smaller than an atom to move through solid surfaces like metal.